Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics W T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... More 
Start   141 to 150 of 1876   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"LQQK, you mean like OWEBAMA"

HFT, Asberger's is still a lot better then being batshit crazy. It gives me great comfort knowing he is your worst nightmare.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4118 posts)
Oh, I'm with you on that kind of criminality, Fred. But those kind are usually granted by State or Municipal Government, and as you say, stink of cronyism.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1170 posts)
" If the company gets run into the ground then you are out of business"

While I completely agree with the above in principle, it's not always that cut and dry. IMO I think it would have been very possible if Chrysler and GM were allowed to have failed they would have taken a lot of other business with them and that could very well have made the difference, at that particular point in time, between recession and depression.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4118 posts)
Sexy I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm talking about Billionaires coming in to buy a business or holding a community hostage say they will only come to your town if they get certain breaks from tax payer money. When they get to those towns they usually put the True capitalist out of business (the mom and pop shops). Look at what has and is happening in Atlantic city. Billionaires demanding tax breaks to buy a hotel. What ever happen to the days of risk and reward, Not reward me for taking a risk.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(111 posts)
Almost all of those Government funded tax breaks for industry have been provided by our Government as an inducement to help it succeed in areas with financial problems, or potential for new discovery of valuable technology thereby providing jobs for our people. Some of these types of inducements have also been provided to start environmental companies which turned out to have no chance of becoming profitable. We should keep doing such, but only as an investment in the best interests of our country. Once the companies become profitable, the subsidy should be automatically withdrawn, having served it's purpose. A review should be undertaken every few years to weed out those having met their purpose, as well as those who became failures.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1170 posts)
Capitalism is economic Darwinism, survival of the fittest. The government bailouts are keeping the sick and weak alive and crowd out the young and vigorous. Its a shame really.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2816 posts)
While I don't agree with 100% of Roberts view of giving assistance to anybody breathing. I do believe in TRUE capitalism. Where you start a company with your own money or investor money. If the company gets run into the ground then you are out of business no government bailout. No special tax breaks with tax payer money for big businesses to come to your state. Many small mom and pop businesses in most states are not afforded those breaks. I know all the economic majors will cry huge job losses if there are no bailouts or tax breaks. Maybe these people running these companies will be a little more responsible in how they run their companies knowing their are no government safety nets with tax payer money. I'm all for true capitalism, not this other form of tax payer subsidized capitalism that has been push down the tax payers throats.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(111 posts)
Sexy:

So you like the fact a business man is able to do business with his employees receiving welfare? Or are you of the mindset to just cut welfare to those working?

Do you have any ability to see the cause and effect that comes from cutting welfare payments to the working man and woman? Which way they will vote? The radical shift as they vote?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7779 posts)
LQQK, you mean like OWEBAMA

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(643 posts)
By George, VA, Bobbie has learned to spell subsidized. We've come a long way in his potential for an education. Not so good in his understanding of economics, tho. And, sadly, in his penchant for thinking he knows a lot about anything, especially how the business world operates, and the history of what forms of Government work for people and those that don't and wont - ever.

Hockessin DE
Username hidden
(1170 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... More 
Start   141 to 150 of 1876   End
TOPIC: W T F