Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics W T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   12 to 21 of 1885   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You have to remember Sony is a Japanese company and Sony and N Korea are not the best of friends and NK has threatened Japan almost every day. Launching missiles toward and over Japan on a regular basis and threating every except China doesn't help.

I can understand Sony's pulling the film because of the threats against the movie houses here in the US that show the movie. Should they have done it, don't know way above my pay grade. Besides, I hardly ever go to the movies, but my grand kids do.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1464 posts)
I saw that and laughed my ass off. You mean they won't now???

"So ronery... so ronery...."

Like I said. They are not afraid of North Korea. They are afraid of the American court system.

This really sucks. I'm sure the movie will be released somehow. But this is pathetic and embarassing.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20536 posts)
Did you see that some theaters were going to screen Team America: World Police instead?

But Paramount pulled the plug on that one.

When did we become such pussies?

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17439 posts)
This is what I mean. Sony isn't afraid of the North Korean government. They are afraid of the American government.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20536 posts)
va "" Sony and the theatres are much more afraid of our own court system destroying them in the event anyone actually does get hurt.""

this is spot on in this litigious country we live in, you cant blame sony for making a very wise biz decision. they had no choice. But im very curious what this will do or cause going forward, its going to be very interesting..

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(1331 posts)
No mention of this on the DPRK's official news outlet.

Interesting that even bumbling North Korea can manage to run an error-free website though.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20536 posts)
This....is....stupid. No no no no NO!!!!

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20536 posts)
Oh come ON...

New Regency has announced they will cancel an upcoming film set in North Korea. Steve Carell (The Office) was set to star in a North Korea-set thriller to be directed by Gore Verbinski (Pirate of the Caribbean.) Now, the entire picture has been scuttled due to concerns about how Kim Jong Un's regime will react.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20536 posts)
So what are we to do? Are we really going to let North Korea dictate our movie releases?

If the threat were, say, "If you inaugurate President whoever" - or anything against the government - you can bet we would go ahead anyway. But this is a private corporation which does not have infinite resources to defend itself from litigation and stands to lose lots of money. The government doesn't care about losing money.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20536 posts)
NORTH KOREA this is what happens when we let the 3rd world rise up. Now we have the "tail wagging the dog". Iran gets nukes we will have real trouble. I hope they demand that ALL Liberal woman ware BURKES in USA. Liberal men have to grow full beards and ware sandals.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(646 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   12 to 21 of 1885   End
TOPIC: W T F