Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Politics W T F
TOPIC: W T F
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 1861   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Goring was the Nazis' meth dealer. See my "fun facts" post.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20483 posts)
All this time I though Heisenberg was Hitler's meth dealer. The Allies code name for him was Walter White.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3961 posts)
tbr I agree with you there re: the Axis war machine.

re: sub-human Asians....

I've heard that before too but honestly I think it's bullshit. There may have been some who believed it but we didn't seem to have a problem with soaking Dresden in kerosene or starving the people of Germany post-WW2. I think if the Allies had a nuclear weapon ready to use in 1943, we would have done it against Japan preferably (for the strategic reasons I mentioned) but if it came down to it, we would have blown Stuttgart or Munich off the map.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20483 posts)
LQQK, your statements with regards to the time frames of the respective atomic bomb projects are simply wrong. Szilard's letter (signed by Einstein) to FDR was dated Aug. 2, 1939, warning about the German efforts which had begun earlier that year in Germany.

The Manhattan project was not initiated until October 1941 and did not fully commence until January 1942. By then Germany already had begun uranium and thorium refining. It is interesting to me that they were pursuing thorium - presumably to transmute to U-233, which was not the direction the Allies took (although this was later proved to be feasible in Operation Teapot). In mid- to late 1942 the German effort began to sputter as resources were spread thinner and thinner, and by 1943 the Manhattan project had taken the lead.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20483 posts)
There is a school of thought that we never would have used nuclear weapons against Europeans. The Japanese were subhuman, so it was OK to use it on them.

Hitler was incapable of having a long term peace with the Soviets. Communism was his obsession. Read Mein Kampfe. He tried up to (and probably after) the invasion of the USSR to make peace with the west.

Had production capability and manpower been equal (and no Hitler not been a total lunatic), there is no doubt in my mind that Germany would have won the war. They had the best material, at least one generation ahead of everyone else.

It was primarily Nazi scientists that got us to the moon.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17430 posts)
VA, although it was our (US) worst nightmare that Germany would produce and not hesitate to use an atomic bomb ahead of America, and was the reason for starting the Manhattan Project, it turned our they were never even close. Check out "German nuclear weapon project" at Wiki.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4114 posts)
"If Germany hadn't lost most of their best scientists fleeing Germany I think they would have almost certainly beat the Allies to a nuclear weapon."

Their top brain trust fled long before Hitler decided to invade Russia and we had a year or more full up and running head start with the Manhattan Project. Because of this IMO we would still have had it first, even if it was just by a month or two, which when it comes to atomic bombs, would have been all that was necessary.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4114 posts)
It was clear Germany was losing by early 1944. There would have been no need to use it on Germany - they weren't the ones requiring an incredible amphibious assault and having a populace subscribing to a mystical philosophy where your ancestors will shit on your soul or something if you surrender.

Much of the knowledge used to build the a-bomb was brought from the German project by scientists brought to the UK via Operation Amlos (sp?), such as Hahn and Heisenberg. The Germans had a 3 year head start and had massive heavy water plants operating in Norway to supply the needs of their research reactor.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20483 posts)
"Germany was closer to nuclear weapons than a lot of people would like to admit. And they had the delivery vehicle in the V-2."

Everything that I have read says the above was not true and I do not believe the V2 had the range to hit the US, so it would not have affected our ability to build one. However if HH had not chose to take on Russia there is no doubt his war machine would not have been devastated as fast, but IMO we would still have been the first with the A bomb. If I recall correctly we were going to use it on Germany first, but because they surrendered first our plans changed.

Cape Coral FL
Username hidden
(4114 posts)
I'm telling you they all did it. My great grandfather was in the Canadian army in WW1 and saw it himself. When it became time to charge forward, you went. If the soldier in front of you stopped you shot him and stepped over his body.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20483 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 1861   End
TOPIC: W T F