Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  ... 576  Next »
861 to 870 of 5752
User Details are only visible to members.
"However, for the life of me I can't think of a reason for young girls not to be given it. "

the fact that I know several perfectly healthy young ladies that had bad, life altering complications including strokes from it is my personal reason. I'd rather talk to my girls about what causes HPV and how to limit risk/exposure.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21085 posts)
@VA: I was recently tested for HPV and I don't have it. As far as the magazine is concerned, some of their opinions can be on the extreme side -- horseshit. I don't believe so. Further I read somewhere, not the horseshit magazine or maybe I heard it on Girls, Lena Dunham's show there is no test for HPV in men so would Gardasil be appropriate for male children?

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7424 posts)
I'll leave this here. I don't think there's a reason to push on with it.

Well OK except to add that BLT's article (and that entire magazine) is utter horseshit.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25012 posts)
Apropos of the thread title, WTF goes through the mind of the gullible and undiscerning? A CDC coverup BLT? Seriously?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(12871 posts)
Around 90% of cervical cancer can be prevented with Gardasil.

No offense, but you really don't know if that's what caused it or not (and neither does their doctor). But you're swapping one risk for another - an increase from 0.5 out of 1 million to 3 out of 1 million for GB, vs 24,000 out of a million for cervical cancer. I'd prefer 3/1,000,000 to 24,000/1,000,000.

Dare I say pointing to an example of someone who suffered an extremely unlikely event as justification is a logical fallacy. It's like saying I won't ride in a car because I know someone who died in a car wreck.

p.s. (I didn't know this) Gardasil works perfectly well in men, although they are less susceptible to HPV-related diseases. So I'd expand it from "girls" to "anyone" who doesn't have HPV.

btw most of the adult population, and probably virtually all of the swinger population - has HPV. So vaccines are only meaningful for children.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25012 posts)
Apropos of the vaccine discussion, I came across an article in the October 2015 Natural Awakenings. "Vaccine Cover-up." Congress Fails to Respond to Centers for Disease Control Whistleblower. It's on page 17. I am not typing the entire thing. Here is the crucial part: Bill Posey, a Republican representing Florida's Eighth District took to the floor of the US House to discuss possible changing views in how the medical community views vaccines.....According to documents cited in Dr. William Thompson a vaccine safety researcher for the CDC and Prevention revealed to Posey that he attended a meeting in which he was directed to destroy data in the CDC's research that demonstrated a clear link between the MMR vaccine and autism...."

I am going to the pool. You may be able to find it online.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7424 posts)
VA, on the gardasil vax: i know (personally) a mom whose life will never be the same (got GB syndrome) and another who became severely ill when they took the vax

as HPV is a virus, and the vax only offers protection for a few of *many* known strains--and viruses mutate, creating more strains--and the strains that are "thought" to cause cancer may very well change and/or be incomplete and/or incorrect? my opinion is gardasil is another flu like vax. an incomplete guess, at an unknown and moving target.

and as it is a behaviour based prevention item, until they release a gender neutral vax for it? i ain't advocating for it.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(11067 posts)
There's a difference between Gardasil and these others, because HPV isn't something that just flies through the air infecting people like measles does. HPV is a behavior-based virus.

However, for the life of me I can't think of a reason for young girls not to be given it.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25012 posts)
I'm a middle of the road girl on vaccines. The big ones? Oh hell yes my kids have them. Flu? no. I see way too many people who get the shot who still end up with the flu because it is a different strain or whatever (a friend who had the shot had the flu 3 times last winter WTF???) where we haven't had the shots in years and we haven't. We just try to do germ spread prevention and our kids are very healthy so if they got the flu it most likely, while not a fun thing to have, just mean they were a bit sick for a few days, not life threatening like other things. The other one I draw the line at is my girls will not be getting gardasil.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21085 posts)
Well obviously the only way a previously eradicated disease can come back is if someone brings it in, but the people getting sick (beyond the initial case) are largely unvaccinated people who are already here.

In some parts of ultrahippie California the rate of "no vaccines for my kid" is as high as 20%.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25012 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  ... 576  Next »
861 to 870 of 5752
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.