Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ... 736  Next »
81 to 90 of 7351
User Details are only visible to members.
This is a thing, sadly. We had to develop a policy and consent for it. So far, I've personally dealt with zero patients wanting to do it. Our policy days we will be glad to give it to them., but they have to have a cooler of their own to put it in the moment it comes out~and it must leave our property immediately. I'm very dubious of these companies popping up offering to make placenta capsules. Want to eat your placenta? Fine. Fry that bitch up and eat it like a real woman. Lol Closest I've dealt with was a lady that wanted her placenta rubbed on her face during her c-section. We told her about the above-mentioned policy. Best we could do to accomodate her wss to let her send it home and rub it wherever she wanted two days later when she got home. She declined.

Fair Oaks TX
Username hidden
(12303 posts)
Cooked placenta?

Tastes like chicken...

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22579 posts)
"she was advised to take two capsules three times a day."

By a highly qualified professional, I am sure.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28745 posts)
I've never heard of "placenta pills", but the Internet knows no bounds for "health" bullshit.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is warning about the dangers of taking placenta pills after childbirth after a mother from Oregon passed down a deadly blood infection to her baby.

Some new moms swear by it: taking placenta pills to boost energy, replace nutrients lost during childbirth and nourish their growing babies. But in a new warning, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is urging moms to stop taking placenta pills.

“No standards exist for processing placenta for consumption … placenta ingestion has recently been promoted to postpartum women for its physical and psychological benefits, although scientific evidence to support this is lacking,” the CDC says in its report.

“The placenta encapsulation process does not per se eradicate infectious pathogens; thus, placenta capsule ingestion should be avoided,” it concludes.

Placentophagy, which is when people eat the placenta after giving birth, has been around for millennia, but scientists have questioned its safety and whether the practice actually offers health benefits.

Over the past few years, it’s gained in popularity: celebrities and everyday moms swear by keeping the placenta after childbirth and consuming it raw, cooked or preserved. In some cases, companies will dehydrate the placenta and turn it into pills for convenient consumption.

In the CDC’s report, an Oregon mom turned to a company to encapsulate her placenta. It was dehydrated and turned into pills within three days after she gave birth – she was advised to take two capsules three times a day.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28745 posts)
LOL..yeah it wasn't that plethora of stupid shit. They ain't that dumb. My money is still on Atticus Finch.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8702 posts)
Well, it could be one of two things. Either:

1. A pamphlet.

2. A very thick book of things he thinks he knows, but doesn't.

I suspect #1. #2 could probably stop a Howitzer round.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28745 posts)
"Stuff I Know" by ncal. LOL!

Stuff he wants to be true but too lazy to read.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8702 posts)
ROFL!

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17495 posts)
"Stuff I Know" by ncal.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28745 posts)
I'm wondering what book they thought could stop a 50cal bullet..

To Kill A Mockingbird?

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8702 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ... 736  Next »
81 to 90 of 7351
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.