Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ... 733  Next »
791 to 800 of 7321
User Details are only visible to members.
Salves from Africa where war captives by other African tribes sold as slaves instead of killed. Thia African tradition has been going on for many thousands of years.

What Dr. Carson was talking about is that as the war captives where not killed but sold into slavery to the British and later Americans who brought them to the Americas was that they had hope for a better life then if they where sold into slavery to the Arabs or killed in whatever tribal war they lost.

In American public schools the history books have been so politically rewritten by Obama and the Democrats that most American think that Africa was a happy place until the white man arrived and raided the peaceful villages to kidnap people for slavery.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(6170 posts)
I've no idea why you would say that, HFT.

"Immigrants" have the option to move or not to move, sometimes under duress (such as during the Irish potato famine) but still by their own choice. "Slaves" are kidnapped, often tortured and suffer horrific treatment when forced to relocate. They lose family connections, homes, property, livelihood, and their freedom, if not their lives at the hands of their oppressors.

For anyone to say that slaves are/were immigrants is the ultimate in stupidity.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(12248 posts)
Scandle, do you find something wrong or untrue what Dr Ben Carson said. I am sure the off spring are living a 1000 times better then those still living there. Why do thy want to come here?

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
WTF - former presidential candidate, now head of Housing and Urban Development, said today that slaves forced to come to this country were immigrants who had a dream for a better future for their children.

USA Today: Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson referred to slaves as "immigrants" while speaking Monday to department employees.

"That's what America is about, a land of dreams and opportunity," Carson said. "There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less. But they too had a dream that one day their sons, daughters, grandsons, granddaughters, great-grandsons, great-granddaughters, might pursue prosperity and happiness in this land."

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(12248 posts)
Probably not an accident. Apple's headquarters is at One Infinite Loop

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2119 posts)
wow i did not know that lol

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(3168 posts)
As funny as it sounds, 1 Hacker Way is actually Facebooks mailing address.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5721 posts)
There is an actual street in South Jersey called 'No Name St"

If almost sounds like something from Abbot and Costello

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2409 posts)
@VA, your stuff is priceless!

Yea, I stopped after pecking that out. Decided to post it anyway.

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(656 posts)
a few days ago i got an email from (supposedly) facebook, saying i didn't have any money in my ad account, so i wouldn't be able to view any ads. (joke's on them, because i didn't want to anyway) yeah i know it's a scam.

today i get an email, from facebook again, saying the previous email was sent to me by mistake, and i can update my email preferences if i click on a link. yeah right. at the bottom of the email they give mailing info, and their address is at 1 Hacker Way. could it be anymore obvious that it is a scam? lol

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(3168 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ... 733  Next »
791 to 800 of 7321
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.