Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum WTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 4842   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Bobby!!!!!

Sorry..on topic, i was about to suggest the "doctors are oblivioud" explanation, but someone beat me to it

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11102 posts)
Yeah you don't need to when you move in state, Bobby, but now that we are in Florida we needed new everything.

5 hours 25 minutes from arrival until departure. Wtf....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22705 posts)
I changed my address 4 time and still don't go in DMW to change info....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(1266 posts)
So.... We are at the DMV becoming official Floridians.

Got here at 830. "There are 41 people ahead of you. Your wait time is 20-40 minutes." Oh that's not so bad, for the DMV.

That was 2 hours ago. Now there are 26 people ahead of us and our estimated wait time is 75 to 95 minutes.

WTF

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22705 posts)
I should add - some people's plans cover scripts at 100% so you'd pay nothing. Your doctor probably has no idea what the specifics of your situation are.

Ever seen a ZithroPak? A regimen for ZithroMax is I believe 2 pills on day 1 and 1 per day for 5 more days. The package has the first two in a blister pack section with "take these the first day".

Because expecting people to figure that out on their own is not realistic. I'm totally serious.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22705 posts)
Thanks for the explanation VA!

Carrollton TX
Username hidden
(579 posts)
Btw - sorry to sound like such a grouch and begin most explanations with "because most people are idiots". But it's true.

Remember a few years ago that Pepsi and Coke came in 24 oz (710 mL) bottles? Well, like any other business prices drift up over time. Companies can either raise prices or reduce container size.

Problem is that research shows that consumers are more sensitive to price changes than quantity changes. The 6 x 710 mL bottles sold for $3.99 - about 93.7 c/L. Well, Coke went first. 6 x 500 mL bottles for $2.99. 99.7 c/L. A 6.4% increase.

Coke began clobbering Pepsi. People snapped up the Coke at $2.99 because that's a dollar cheaper than the Pepsi. Oh, but it's only a little smaller. Pepsi hung on as long they could but the combination of lower sales AND lower profits eventually forced them to also move to the 500 mL bottles.

Well, here we are a couple years later. 6 x 500 mL bottles are back to $3.99.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22705 posts)
I can tell you why....and none of this is directed at anyone here.

Most people are idiots. Large numbers of people - when told to slap together 10,000 IU of vitamin D a day from the pharmacy from 1,000 IU or 5,000 IU supplies - will mess it up somehow. If the doctor wants to be confident that you are doing what he wants you to do the only way to do so is to make it as simple as possible for you "just take one damn pill once a day". Medication non-compliance (either by confusion or just laziness) is a major problem.

Most people do not understand the concepts you are describing, or many say they do but their actions suggest otherwise. I can't tell you how many people I've seen with prescription ibuprofen in 600 or 800 mg pills. I tell them "you know you could just take 3 or 4 200's" and they just sort of look at me. They really think the 800 mg prescription pill is "better" than 4 x 200 mg pills from the grocery store.

You see it all the time in labeling "Original Prescription Strength!". Because I'm too stupid to figure out that 2 x 250 "regular" strength is the same as one 500 mg "prescription" strength. Your doctor doesn't think YOU are an idiot specifically, but when you are back in his office and you tell him what you were doing, he doesn't want to be rolling his eyes or wondering why the fuck you'd do that when you told him you took 10 x 100 IU pills because that's 10,000, right?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22705 posts)
The heck with sticky traps....where can I get one of those hottie catapaults?

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(541 posts)
PS: Scandle, I believed the doctor but I can also imagine that top promotors/prescribers may get some kind of special treatment. I know that it used to happen all the time. For example, the pharmaceutical company might pay for medical training for 5 days in Hawaii with short a brief presentation. I think that is very rare if not non-existent now.

Carrollton TX
Username hidden
(579 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... More 
Start   71 to 80 of 4842   End
TOPIC: WTF