Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum WTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... More 
Start   701 to 710 of 3698   End
User Details are only visible to members.
This thread has taken a weird turn. I remember the days when flirting was acceptable in these forums, and often even welcomed.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(5373 posts)
For me it's this classic:

Sheldon: I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Username hidden
(833 posts)
My favorite Sheldon quote.

Sheldon: Why are you crying?

Penny: Because I'm stupid!

Sheldon: That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(5373 posts)
A sincere compliment is always appreciate but unfortunately far to often there is an ulterior motive . Point in case the whole topic of people in the forums who don't acknowledge when they've been complimented. A compliment is a gift and as a gift there should be zero expectation of a "return" . At least that is how it is suppose to work but obviously doesn't. Sheldon (Big Bang Theory) sums it up pretty well. "Sheldon Cooper: Oh, Penny. I know you think you are being generous, but the foundation of gift giving is reciprocity. You haven't given me a gift. You've given me an obligation. "

And before you disagree with me ask yourself how many Christmas gifts you buy out of pure joy and how many you buy simply because it is the expected thing to do . Think Secret Santa , that lonely spinster aunt you never see but buys gifts for your kids etc. Compliments aren't really much different, if you want to capture someones attention (especially here) compliment them, stroke their ego ! Perhaps that is why I don't tend to take compliments in this venue seriously...a few might be genuine but most are the just a rehash of what they've said to the last poster or in a certain instance "see what a great guy I am???" . Good intentions yes, sincerity.....not often. Most are just doing what they've been taught on how to be polite and how to captivate your audience .

The cynical , perceptive Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
I love sincere compliments.

Keep doing what you are doing if you feel good about it. Anything you do will piss Someone off, so I just do what I think is right. I still piss people off, but I'm okay with that.

I'll shut people down quickly if I'm NOT interested. That way they can invest their time where it has a chance to be productive. Some might think this is rude. Others may see it as a kindness because they can move on.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(298 posts)
MRS DD. Honestly for the simple act of being kind. For most, I have no illusion of ever meeting. You for example are incredibly attractive and smart. But being in Texas and me in Maryland, I'm under no illusion we will ever cross paths. I don't see it as a tactic or a way to convince anyone to drop all and drive or fly thousands of miles for a quick "shag". But it seems most immediately respond with a "we're not interested" and so I'll cease and desist any further attempts to say anything. I understand it's due to the bad behavior of many SM or even other couples. But to me it's a bit sad.

Username hidden
(833 posts)
Well starting a contact with a compliment is not the worst approach for opening contact. I wouldn't take that as someone being manipulative since we are all really here to make connections for the specific purpose of sex. Well some of us, I think a lot are here for .. well I don't know what they are here for.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2816 posts)
There is nothing wrong with a simple heartfelt compliment. It is just that it is often used as a point of manipulation to reel people in. Just ask yourself your motive. Are you complimenting to get a response and start an interaction or did you just want to bring a smile to their face.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(298 posts)
I didn't reply with a nastygram. I just tossed the email.

Every SINGLE TIME we have answered a compliment with a thank you, it has been answered back with them hoping to meet us, taking it as a sign of interest. So now we never answer them.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20536 posts)
Ok then...lesson learned...no complimenting anyone I have no intention of meeting.

Username hidden
(833 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... More 
Start   701 to 710 of 3698   End
TOPIC: WTF