Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  60.1  61.1  62.1  63.1  64.1  65.1  66.1  67.1  68.1  69.1  ... 688  Next »
642 to 651 of 6878
User Details are only visible to members.
The wording of the second amendment has always seemed pretty clear to me.

It seems people interpret it in the same ways as religious zealots interpret their religious texts. To fit their needs and desires and to give them a reason/excuse for their insanity and excesses.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5295 posts)
I want to correct myself, it goes back to the Englidh Bill of Rights, which allowed for all to own and keep arms. The Protestants had not been allowed to have arms for fear of an uprising. It allowed by law for all to own arms as allowed by the Monarchy . The reasoning was that you needed them if you had to create a standing arm. The wording was always going to be tricky when the Constitution was framed as it allowed for the ownership for the purpose of creating a militia as needed.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1854 posts)
The Second Amendment goes back to early England where only people of a certain rank (nobles) where allowed to own arms and hunt. The Magna Carta gave that right to all.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1854 posts)
{"Ncal -- you're a scientist?? In what field... "

I believe he is an artist.}

That's an insult to the real artists I know. :-/

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(11972 posts)
"my 30.06 can shoot much further with more accuracy then any AR=-10.."

WTF?

A 30-06 is an ammo round, the AR-10 is a specific rifle, both having the designator 30, being 30 caliber class bullet (a.k.a. .308). The 30-06 casing is longer to hold more charge and will not fit in the AR-10's .308 magazine, even though a 30-06 IS a .308. I own a rifle that shoots 30-06 rounds as well, but the name of the rifle is Ruger and the model is M77 MKII Stainless, much like the name of the rifle "AR-10", not just 30-06 or .308. In round velocity between cartridges, you do realize you are only talking, at best, 125-200fps difference due to the 30-06's longer shell casing and a fall rate accuracy <5% difference @ 1000yds.

"Ncal -- you're a scientist?? In what field... "

I believe he is an artist. lol

~Allen

Charles Town WV
Username hidden
(2555 posts)
TBS just get ready for the shit to hit the fan in the next few weeks. I will post the key article on here after it is published that details the massive fraud that science done with government money is. MAJOR fraud and massive shit storm is coming.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(4758 posts)
Current my 30.06 can shoot much further with more accuracy then any AR=-10..so dont miss that first shot... The right to bear arms was so that the arms for the militia was not centralized in one spot so that the goverment would not be able to seize them.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(4758 posts)
Fun,

I maintain there is no logic in the clause in question. If it was all about militias, why wouldn't an armory serve just as well as individuals keeping and bearing arms? And as far as the term bearing arms I'm guessing you don't hunt as even today hunting guns are referred to by many by the archaic term "sporting arms". I will agree that the second Amendment is not about hunting.

I don't care to own a Glock or belong to the NRA. Nor do I fixate too much on guns or have any interest in concealed carry. I do find a certain comfort in owning an AR-10 with a 30 round magazine (lots of them actually) and good optics, that will chamber a nice long range 7.62 round. Why? Because: Nutcal.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1751 posts)
Bullshit...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21486 posts)
Mrs is one of the leading epidemiologists in the country. I am educated in the life science which was a waste because everything i was taught in college was wrong. I do the marking in our business and Mrs does the science that i bring in. It works, we though we could get a couple of weeks off between Christmas and mid January but no such luck this year..the phone rang today. In our world we or i should say the Mrs gets to know the other scientists that dont work for government $$$$$$ and what government does to them to keep their work form being published. Trump is going to make sure their work gets published...and then the shit hits the fan.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(4758 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  60.1  61.1  62.1  63.1  64.1  65.1  66.1  67.1  68.1  69.1  ... 688  Next »
642 to 651 of 6878
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.