Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  60.1  61.1  62.1  63.1  64.1  65.1  66.1  67.1  68.1  69.1  ... 563  Next »
642 to 651 of 5621
User Details are only visible to members.
sorry perfect. i hope your sister has some good medical insurance

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2647 posts)
Peg. NJ

Thank you both. We're all just taking each day as it comes and praying for the best.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18530 posts)
perfect, so sorry--sending strength to you all.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(9964 posts)
Very sorry, Perf. That is terrible news.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5906 posts)
I know.

I hadn't heard about this disease, and I'm not surprised. It's very rare. The trials only had 37 patients, only 11 of which were adults, so I'm sure was a large proportion of available cases.

I'm probably not telling you anything you also haven't already read, since I'm sure hearing this made you do some reading.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24588 posts)
I wasn't arguing, I was just explaining myself.

Thank you, I appreciate it. It's been a trying week. She's got a bunch of fight in her. I'm sure she'll give it all she has

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18530 posts)
Fair enough on that, but I don't think that would change very much.

Again - that's terrible about your sister. I wish you all the best.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24588 posts)
"I know. That's an orphan drug. I could explain more to you about what that means. "

I know what an orphan drug is.

I'm just saying that you don't need a marketing budget for a drug for a rare disease with ONE approved medication. Once it's diagnosed the Doctors should know what to prescribe.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18530 posts)
Firstly, I am very sorry to hear about that.

"I've read that the manufacturing cost was about 1 percent"

The manufacturing cost is insignificant compared to the development cost, which has already been spent and needs to be recouped. Without knowing anything about the development costs for this specific drug, the best I could ballpark it at was around $500 million before the first dose is sold.

".and who are they marketing to?"

I just explained that - they are marketing it to a few hundred people who have had the rather severe misfortune of developing the condition.

"It's the ONLY FDA approved treatment. "

I know. That's an orphan drug. I could explain more to you about what that means.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24588 posts)
Thank you

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18530 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  60.1  61.1  62.1  63.1  64.1  65.1  66.1  67.1  68.1  69.1  ... 563  Next »
642 to 651 of 5621
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.