Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  60.1  61.1  62.1  63.1  64.1  65.1  66.1  67.1  68.1  69.1  ... 736  Next »
642 to 651 of 7351
User Details are only visible to members.
Homo erectus disfunctionalis?

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2218 posts)
Not a mortgage banker Chezde just a frequent mortgagee. I was closing a commercial loan with "Douche Bank" when the wheels fell off in 2007 so I was watching it all unfold from a front row seat. The Big Short is an awesome read and explained the one part of the story I never understood which was: Given what they were doing, how could the investment banks lose? I'm afraid I spoiled the punchline. The movie version was actually pretty good but there were too many facets of the story to cover in a movie. I did love the way they managed to get the more technical details over ("We're going to have Anthony Bordain explain tranches of tiered CDOs in terms of three day old halibut fillets"). Also, the fact that one guy with Asperger's syndrome figured out what was going to happen years ahead of everyone else and single handedly came up with credit default swaps was something no one would believe if Hollywood came up with it.

And Nutcal, I'm terribly sorry to say that apparently not all the Life Companies got your MEMO on their recent demise. On Friday I got a 90 day forward rate lock on a replacement for the above mentioned loan from Lincoln Financial. Three others life companies also quoted this loan from beyond the gravel.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2218 posts)
Anthropologists Discovery New Hominid Species in Nevada

(Reuters) A previously unknown hominid has been discovered by anthropologists living among Homo sapiens in the greater Las Vegas area, a team from the University of California at Santa Cruz has announced.

The serendipitous discovery of a new species of australopithicine (a genus of human relatives thought to be long extinct) was the result of a long investigation into the sharp drop in the quality of living in Ukiah, California over the previous 20 years. In 1996, Ukiah was voted the "Best Small Town in California". Some time during the early 2000s , quality of life began to decline, resulting in some residents leaving the town, and others speaking of a legendary creature known as "That Idiot".

Researchers initially did not take the legend seriously, as the notion of a such a creature with verbal abilities living among humans undetected seemed like an outrageous proposition. However, reports of mating attempts with numerous human females led the researchers to search for correlations in the decline of quality of life the Ukiah area with reported sightings of the beast.

It is described as approximately resembling a 50 year old human male, but with copious amounts of body hair. While it seemed at first to have lucid thought processes similar to those of humans, it turns out the animal can only parrot things it hears or reads from whack job "news" outlets. It's ability to learn or discern actual facts from truth appeared to be very limited.

About a year ago, sightings of Australopithicus thatidiotus (as researchers tentatively named the new species) suddenly ceased, and life in Ukiah seemed to improve. However, the creature actually relocated with a human female to the Las Vegas area, where it has been annoying residents ever since, and living off the proceeds of the human female's prostitution efforts.

An alternative species name was proposed by UNLV researchers of Australopithicus nevadamoronus, in honor of the place of its discovery and general demeanor. However, the initial name has stuck.

Challenges surrounding the legal personhood of the new species are almost certain to occur. The creature it seems has anticipated this and joined campaign efforts to influence the appointment of a new Supreme Court justice which might support his legal personhood. Only time will tell if the challenge will be successful.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28737 posts)
"I take it they've yet to find a Sasquatch fossil?"

I think that fossil has relocated to Nevada...

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22570 posts)
AFGE, it's a thing. But, hey, that doesn't fit the narrative.

Fair Oaks TX
Username hidden
(12303 posts)
TBR,

I take it they've yet to find a Sasquatch fossil?

BT

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(13623 posts)
Government unions are SEIU, with the teachers unions. but the thugs are all SEIU. That goverment has become the privileged class that retires in their 50's with massive pensions on the backs of the people is obscene and no different then the Soviet Union where the goverment was the all powerful privileged class.

That Obama and the Democrats took away interest rates so that everyone who is not working for goverment and has a 401k will never be able to retire before they die is pure Soviet Union. That Obama did this to turn the American people into tax slaves to fund the SEIU goverment pensions until they die is beyond obscene and is even more corrupt then the Soviet Union ever was.

Trump is the people's last hope for freedom from the corruption of goverment in America.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(6934 posts)
wow tbrm, that is cool

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(3176 posts)
Got to the tar pits. Actually misnamed. Tar is man made. More accurately asphalt.

Why the WTF?

From a square about the size of a city block on each side, they have pulled 5.5 million fossils out of the asphalt...

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22570 posts)
*you DO realize not all unions are the SEIU, right?* Or do you believe the terms are synonymous?

Fair Oaks TX
Username hidden
(12303 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  60.1  61.1  62.1  63.1  64.1  65.1  66.1  67.1  68.1  69.1  ... 736  Next »
642 to 651 of 7351
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.