Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ... 555  Next »
591 to 600 of 5542
User Details are only visible to members.
reminds me of the time i served on a jury for DWI and we convicted based on the video of the driver interview with police (dude was realllly messed up) and the other case acquitted because they bought the defense's argument that he failed the breathalyzer because of his tobacco chaw.

yuh huh.

that's a bizarre story and indicative of how messed up our legal system is.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(9650 posts)
That sounds like admitting to the crime....and should be punishable no matter. That's assuming there's common sense left in the legal system, which is unlikely.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18530 posts)
A Georgia Supreme Court ruling earlier this year has created a legal trick by which drunk drivers are getting key evidence against them thrown out, by arguing they were too drunk.

Drivers are convincing judges that they were not thinking clearly when they agreed to take the voluntary breath, blood, or urine tests, due to intoxication.

Attorney Lance Tyler was the first to win this argument for his client John Williams, who was pulled over for a supected DUI in 2012. The case went all the way to Georgia’s Supreme Court, which ruled in March that Williams may not have “actually” consented to giving his blood, and that Gwinnett State Court Judge Joseph Iannazzone should reconsider his earlier decision not to suppress the results of his blood test.

“The defendant wasn’t actually capable of an informed waiver of his constitutional rights,” Tyler argued to Iannazzone in September. A week later, Iannazzone kicked out Williams’ blood test, along with the blood alcohol concentration results (BAC) for five other drivers whose cases he’d heard.

“If a DUI defense lawyer is not raising the ‘Williams issue’ I frankly think it’s malpractice,” said Hawkins.

If it sounds ridiculous for a defense attorney to argue that their client was so intoxicated they were unable to make a sound legal decision about consenting to a DUI test, it’s equally strange to hear a prosecutor argue that the driver wasn’t that drunk.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
"You know you ain't right."

You sure about that?

~scamp

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
LOL. You know you ain't right.

Lake Wales FL
Username hidden
(7001 posts)
Hookers?

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12655 posts)
You say wtf ,,, I will tell you something ,why do I have more fun re sex outside of the ls ,than beening in the ls. Now try to figure that out. But wtf , I know the answer do you.

Bradford Canada
Username hidden
(1006 posts)
@VA: All I can say is the more things change the more they stay the same. Really, it's some funny shit though. Another reason to limit alcohol intake as it makes you do the stupidist things.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7419 posts)
What in the blue fuck.....

An Oklahoma mayor told NBC News Monday that her husband "meant no harm" when he and a few friends dressed up as Ku Klux Klan members on Halloween and placed a cross beside a fire.

A photo of the men was posted online, where it quickly triggered intense criticism and cries of bigotry. The image, which was taken by someone who called the police, Garfield County Sheriff Jerry Niles told NBC News, shows two men clad in white hoods standing beside a cross.

Lahoma Mayor Theresa Sharp, 47, said the outcry has also included calls for her resignation.

"I have no intention of doing so," she said, adding that her husband, Cary Sharp, 47, had simply made "some very bad choices."

"It's four good ol' boys sitting around drinking and things got out of control," she said.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24404 posts)
haha, nice try

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2634 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  ... 555  Next »
591 to 600 of 5542
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.