Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ... 688  Next »
581 to 590 of 6879
User Details are only visible to members.
I wonder how his feeling about Obamacare vs ACA.

(:rollingeyes:)

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1857 posts)
*shudder* I went in to see wtf nutcal is talking about.

re: "what was once a hundred pages is not close to ten thousand"

The case he is describing sounds like a 10-20 day hospital stay given the complications of someone so overweight. This is of course assuming there is any truth to it.

I have seen medical records for stays exceeding one year, $5 million and many surgical procedures. The longest would have been around 4,000 pages.

So unless they turned this woman into RoboCop, chalk this up to yet another turd pulled out of the prolific ass of ncal.

And he's still going on about his fictitious "Obamacare medical records", I see.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27626 posts)
I hope you know that by passing details about an ongoing legal dispute that you are potentially putting this case on a road to being thrown out. I won't even speak to the fact of how you are potentially also violating HIPAA.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1857 posts)
I am just passing on the info on the legal case. We just got a look at some of the new Obamacare medical records..oh my god what a mess Obamacare has made of medical records. Massive make work ..what was once a hundred pages is not close to ten thousand. No hospital or doctor could have survived for long with this nightmare. Obamacare was really going to lay waste and destroy medicine in America so the goverment could take it over.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(4760 posts)
This fat you speak of would be on the outside of the blood vessels. Based on your theory it could cut off supply to the skin and an infection on the skin (via sores) would present. It would be easy to not miss. If blood supply was cut off to the lower leg especially after a fall if would be from a blood clot. Regardless the hospital staff should have seen skin discoloration from lack of blood and looked into it.

Let me tell you a story about an actual friend of Mrs F and I. She is a heavy woman who ever had trouble getting around. She was on birth control pills and smoked. She all of a sudden developed a weird injury in her foot. The hospital assumed that because of her weight and that she wasn't on birth control it was a blood clot. So they put her on blood thinners. She never got better and the hospital thought she had a second clot. She went into a coma. Her leg became gangrene and when she woke she was now missing her leg. When they did the pathology on her leg they discovered she had a serious infection and they were able to stop it. They figured if it had taken another day or two the infection would have killed her. The ER doctor made assumptions and never looked any further. It had nothing to do with her weight. And even with one leg and one prosthesis she works a strenuous job and lives a normal life even at a larger weight. You assume way to much and blame everything on weight. You have some serious psychological issues around weight.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1857 posts)
No its he weight of the fat on her leg cut off the blood flow beneath the knee. She had dislocated her knee. The med mal insurance company is asking for the lab we work for to come into the case to help the hospital. Just found out that this woman was 504 lbs a year ago.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(4760 posts)
It probably is and complex. Which is something you probably wouldn't understand. My money is that when she fell, she dislodged a blood clot which cut off blood to the limb. Blood clots in those situation are never diagnosed properly as the initial injury can be attributed to how the symptoms are presenting.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1857 posts)
typos typos, its a hell of a legal case.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(4760 posts)
I am assuming she 'fell' and you 'failed'

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1857 posts)
Here is a great WTF story. Legal case. Medical Malpractice. A five foot tall 405 pound woman, really its her real weight, fall and twists her knee. She is taken to the ER. Doctors check her knee and then put her in a room for observation for 24 hours. During that time the weight of the fat on her leg, cuts off the blood flow from the inflamed knee to the bottom of her leg.

She loses her bottom half of her leg which has to be amputated.

She is suing for malpractice.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(4760 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ... 688  Next »
581 to 590 of 6879
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.