WTF : Swingers Discussion 21277610581
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... More 
Start   581 to 590 of 2608   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I thought I started a discussion about the HBO show Girls but I can't find the thread...oh, well. Now, Lena Dunham, creator and star of the show is coming under fire for her touched up photos in Vogue. IMO, the pics look exactly how she looks on the show except for some eye make-up and lighting to give her a more glam look. I love the show and the Vogue pics and don't think she's sending mixed signals or selling out.....WTF...do we have to tear everyone and everything down?

Vero Beach FL

Username hidden
(2127 posts)
If I were a store manager and you did that more than once at my store, I'd ask you not to come back, and then call the cops if/when you did and charge you with trespass.

I insist you will do nothing but waste everyone's time. Do you really want to be known as "that asshole" in stores you go into?

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
If you feel so strongly about this, Iagree that the most effective course of action would be to write to the store managers and the local politicians who passed the law, telling them you are taking your money elsewhere. Loading your cart with small packages only to leave them all at the register, knowing what their policy is about bags, is an asshole move. The employees who will have to clean up after you will be the only people feeling the impact of your hissy fit.

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8620 posts)
i typically keep reusable insulated bags with sturdy handles in my trunk for grocery runs. i try not to use plastic or paper--but i have a supply of bags so it's not an issue for me.

again in punishing the retailer doesn't do anything. it's just shooting the messenger. adding another victim, as it were.

make your protests directly to the appropriate legislative body in that jurisdiction. start petitions. picket the office of the legislators. in particular stage protests against the sponsor or sponsors of the rule.

youre only going to piss off the store owner. and if you do it more than once you could potentially wind up in trouble with the authorities. believe me store owners don't play around when someone leaves thousands of dollars of perishable items at the cashier.

Manville NJ

Username hidden
(841 posts)
OMG: I am having a senior moment. I remember a store somewhere who charged for bags, just can't remember where and which one. The poor employees are at the mercy of the store rules. If I was that bothered, I would write the head office and voice my complaint. As far as leaving the stuff at the register, IMO, not a good look.

Vero Beach FL

Username hidden
(2127 posts)
just ask for paper not plastic

Rockport MA

Username hidden
(6294 posts)
I'm in total agreement with Ms. nynj here. The retailer is not behind this and all you are doing is causing a hassle to a local business who likely had nothing to do with the law, and probably doesn't like it either because of all the moaning customers they now need to deal with.

Plastic bag bans are becoming increasingly common. Thank God the enviro-nazis haven't got a strong foothold here yet.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
i am curious as to why you think that course of action will do anything other than cause issues to the retailer and their employees?

it ain't the retailer that made the law.

its the local jurisdiction.

Imho, your plans punish the wrong party/parties.

if you want to effect change, you'd be better off running for local office to change the local ordinance.

Manville NJ

Username hidden
(841 posts)
For the dood's sake, I hope that squirrel didn't find a nut.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10389 posts)
Not that I'm laughing about domestic violence... it's the reason for going nutso and the choice of weapon that I find amusing....

South Carolina authorities say a 44-year-old woman angry at a man for returning home without beer on Christmas beat and stabbed him with a ceramic squirrel.

The Charleston County Sheriff's office says in a report that deputies found a man covered with blood when they arrived at Helen Williams' North Charleston home early Wednesday. She told investigators the man fell and cut himself, but couldn't explain why her hands and clothes were also bloody.

Deputies say the man said Williams was so angry when he returned without beer because stores were closed on Christmas Eve that she grabbed a ceramic squirrel, beat him in the head, then stabbed him in the shoulder and chest.

Williams was in jail Friday and charged with criminal domestic violence. It wasn't known if she had a lawyer.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17598 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... More 
Start   581 to 590 of 2608   End
TOPIC: WTF