Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum WTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... More 
Start   571 to 580 of 3680   End
User Details are only visible to members.
VA i totally get and understand that it could be business as usual for some couples to live like that.

what i find unfathomable is, *knowing* that her spouse, no matter what condition their relationship was in, was suffering from such a deep depression he was under treatment for it, and yet she didn't even check on him to be sure he was okay.

to my mind, and maybe this does make me close minded (personally i think what it makes me is someone who has compassion) -- no matter what was between us, no matter what the "norm" was--these were not normal times for him, and i would have at the very least sent someone to check on him. and maybe she did, and we just don't know that. it is after all, all just speculation.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(3174 posts)
My point is that "No way" for you or me doesn't mean "No way" for others.

This lack of ability to understand (or at least accept) how people live differently is one of the chief complaints swingers have about vanilla people. We are not immune from this mindset either.

And btw I'm not suggesting that they WEREN'T having marriage problems. They might very well have been. I'm saying that this is not a sure-fire indicator of that - it could have been "business as usual".

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20483 posts)
VA: I know we're just kicking it around and I hear what you're saying but no way.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3951 posts)
Think of it this way.....

We are swingers. Our marriages are described by most as "unconventional" at best, and "downright fucked up" at worst. Yet, they work for us, even though many or most people don't understand and know it wouldn't work for them.

For us to sit here and say "no way would I let this happen" is every bit as narrow-sighted as a vanilla person saying "no way would I let my wife fuck another guy". It's not how we live or within a realm we are familiar with, but that doesn't make it ridiculous or impossible. So perhaps we should stop trying to imagine how we in our (comparatively) conventional lives and living situations would behave and impose it on people who in no way live like we do.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20483 posts)
agree--don't care how big the house (mansion) is. if my S/O was suffering -- no matter what the "norm" was otherwise--i would be checking in to make sure he/she was okay. and i cannot fathom being married to someone and not at the least stopping by on my way out to say bye, see you later, talk to you later, ~whatever~.

just unfathomable IMO to not even check in.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(3174 posts)
I'm just saying it's easy for us to attempt to scrutinize and imagine how we would live if we were like that, when the truth is that none of us have any clue. We might think we do, but I don't think we do.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20483 posts)
I don't care if I had to walk across a huge mansion, I would be saying goodbye, I often have to leave the house, go over to the barn, through the barn to find him to say goodbye.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17870 posts)
VA: All the more reason the Butler, the maid, the driver, the live-in nurse or someone should have checked on him even if they had to cross a moat! I am not buying it.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3951 posts)
Please, all of us at imagining how this could happen in our comparatively normal lives. Celebrities often live married lives apart and parallel, at best. This is Robin Williams in his $35 million mansion, not Joe Blow and his wife in their tidy 3 bedroom condo. These people do not live like us.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20483 posts)
TPG: That sounds like a lyric to a song....the name I can't recall right now but you are absolutely right. We take so much for granted.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3951 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... More 
Start   571 to 580 of 3680   End
TOPIC: WTF