Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ... 610  Next »
541 to 550 of 6094
User Details are only visible to members.
My issue is the precedent that stealing isn't stealing if you need it.

How many thefts should a store have to endure? How does a store owner determine that the thief is poor? How poor do they need to be? What if they're just poor "right now"? Can they steal food directly from other people?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26035 posts)
holy bejeezus. i see both sides of the issue here....in the case of this person, if it had been me, i most likely would have pulled the obviously struggling fellow human to the side, told him i'd seen him pocket the ($5) of food, and taken it and added it to my bill.

no matter how badly off we think *we* may be, there's always value in paying it forward -- if we're able to.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14210 posts)
For the record...

I'm not saying I see value in jailing this guy. But to determine that stealing something because you need it is not a crime? That's bothersome to me.

I appreciate that this is in Italy and not here, but this attitude is growing...

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26035 posts)
Italy's highest court has acquitted a homeless man of stealing cheese and sausages, ruling that the theft of small amounts of food by the hungry poor is not a crime.

Ukrainian Roman Ostriakov was caught in 2011 pocketing 4.07 euros ($4.72) worth of food in a supermarket in Genoa, after a customer spotted him and reported him to a member of staff, Italian media reported on Tuesday.

He was sentenced to six months in prison and ordered to pay a 100 euro fine.

But the verdict was appealed on grounds that Ostriakov had been stopped before he had actually left the supermarket, and at a second appeal, Italy's court of cassation acquitted him.

It was clear the defendant "could not live without feeding himself, so acted out of necessity," the court said.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26035 posts)
Weddings and funerals have been banned and Pyongyang is in lockdown as preparations for a once-in-a-generation party congress get underway in North Korea.

The ruling Worker’s Party of Korea, headed by the country's leader, Kim Jong-un, is due to stage the first gathering of its kind for 36 years on Friday.

People who want to get married, or die, will have to wait until the end of next week.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26035 posts)
Its all about money, nothin more or less,,, some will do about anything, just to cause some shit.

Bradford Canada
Username hidden
(1072 posts)
Most lawsuits files are crazy and don't deserve a second look. But with the number a legal experts around lawsuits are filed for anything and everything with the hope that it will be settled out of court for a much smaller amount due to the high cost and time in fighting it.

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(250 posts)
Look up Jonathan Lee Riches, just for kicks.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26035 posts)
People need to keep in mind that anyone can file a lawsuit for anything, so really all this story means is that some crazy lady filled out the paperwork. It doesn't mean that it's going anywhere.

Now, if the judge allows it - newsworthy.

If a jury actually awards damages - WTF..

I'm in favor of a "loser pays" system where people who bring suits like this have to foot the costs of the defense. Often though, crazy people don't have 2 cents to rub together.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26035 posts)
i've just picked up a large iced latte from dunkin.

it also contains a lotta ice. i wonder why the litigious wondergal didn't do a class action suit?

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14210 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  ... 610  Next »
541 to 550 of 6094
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.