WTF : Swingers Discussion 2127761051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 3182   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Ok, I say no judging this lady until we've seen the lawn chairs.

Cape Canaveral FL
Username hidden
(4840 posts)
On August 4, an "extremely intoxicated" 33-year-old woman wandered into a yard in the 78000 block of Beacon Avenue South in Seattle.

With several members of a family looking on in horror, police say the woman "hiked up her dress and engaged in an intimate act with several lawn chairs." She then began urinating on the lawn before "quite purposefully exposing her genitalia, and then posterior, to the family inside the home," according to police.

The family called 911 and officers arrived moments later and arrested the woman. She was booked into King County Jail for indecent exposure. Public nudity by itself will not get you arrested in Seattle, but it becomes indecent exposure if you commit a sex act.

Columbia SC
Username hidden
(19130 posts)
I am so sick of racism real or perceived, subliminal and all the rest. Stupid jokes, insensitive remarks. Don't we have better things to do with our lives...WTF?

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2913 posts)
As it turns out, the UCLA story goes back to Nov. 2013. The professor in question is 79 years old, and has technically been retired since 2008, teaching occasionally as emeritus. Numerous current and former graduate students - of all colors - came to his defense.

This word has come up again - "microaggression". Basically, the assertion that rather than being overtly racist, being "just a teensie bit racist a gazillion times" is the M.O. of the modern racist.

I've looked through numerous stories, but see no resolution. I'm going to guess this resulted in "much ado about nothing".

I brought up one like this before - copy/pasted...

-----------------

Jay Leno ran a bit on the Tonight Show which doctored footage of President Obama walking away from him podium so that he would be kicking in a door in frustration as he exited. Funny haha. A 3-second animated gif of the "incident" has been spread around in emails to signify stress, frustration, etc.

Unless you go to McGill University in Montreal, Quebec. There, it means you're racist.

Brian Farnan, Vice President for Internal Affairs at the McGill Students’ Society sent an email to the student body as mid-term exams approached, and jokingly said he understands the frustration, including the animated gif of the President's door-kicking.

The Student Society Equity Committee was appalled. They received a complaint and (after a secret deliberation) deemed the animated image a clear violation of their "oppressive conduct" policies.

"Oppression, as outlined in SSMU’s Equity Policy, means the exercise of power by a group of people over another group of people with specific consideration of cultural, historical and living legacies. The image in question was an extension of the cultural, historical and living legacy surrounding people of color—particularly young men—being portrayed as violent in contemporary culture and media. By using this particular image of President Obama, [the email sender] perpetuated this living legacy and subsequently allowed a medium of SSMU’s communication to become the site of a microaggression.

Columbia SC
Username hidden
(19130 posts)
VA: LMAO! Where the fuck (lol) do you find this stuff???????

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2913 posts)
In the UCLA case, it sounds to me like the aggrieved students should be enrolled in an arts class where interpretive spelling, punctuation and grammar would be welcome. This kind of thing is seen in visual arts, poetry, fictional writing, etc., but if the course Prof. Rust was teaching was none of these, they should definitely be corrected.

How did UCLA handle it?

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(8816 posts)
Val Rust, a professor of education and information at UCLA, was the target of the protestors for what they feel was racial insensitivity. Describing themselves as “aggrieved minority students,” they claim that the professor was wrong to correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar in the papers of black students.

The lone example the protesters put forth was this: he told a black female student that the word “indigenous” should not be capitalized. The student felt this correction was “ideologically motivated.” Indigenous is an adjective and should not be capitalized unless it’s at the beginning of a sentence.

Um.... ?

Columbia SC
Username hidden
(19130 posts)
I'm not sure which is the bigger WTF here.... the fact that a teacher would behave this way, or the fact that this is considered a wrongful termination. More like a WTF squared.... imagine Samuel L. Jackson as a teacher... on his worst day.....

In February Duval County [Florida] School District officials gave Joyce Quiller, 51 her walking papers after finding that she routinely used obscenities in class.

For example, the investigation found that Quiller asked a student who failed to bring a pencil to class: “What is the point in coming to the motherfucking class if you do not bring materials?”

Quiller taught 10th- and 11th-graders in The Bridge to Success program at Ribault High School. The program is for students who are at least two years older than they should be for their grade levels.

The math teacher allegedly told another student to “shut the fuck up.” Still another student charged that Quiller, who is black, “criticizes him and calls him” the n-word. Specifically, she allegedly scolded a group of male students who walked into class late by saying: “You all are some lazy n*****s for coming to class late.” She was also allegedly in the habit of sometimes refusing to accept students’ completed assignments or even answer questions about math.

Those actions weren’t enough to constitute grounds for termination, though, according to a judge who ruled in Quiller’s favor last month.

“Quiller was placed in an almost untenable situation,” the judge wrote, according to The Florida Times-Union. “She did not have all the tools needed to work with the students, and her classes were too large. Nevertheless, she was expected to maintain her composure and professionalism.”

In a 21-page ruling, the judge expounded that the school district should have suspended the teacher without pay based on stipulations in her union contract, notes Jacksonville television station WJXT.

Quiller’s union-provided lawyer, Stephanie Schaap, had no comment for the local press because, she said, the case is not yet fully resolved. Incidentally, she has been reprimanded twice in the past for her verbal behavior in class. Highlights of her prior troubles include an incident when she used the phrase “your mammy” and an incident when she told a student to “get out of my fucking class.” Another time, she told a student: “Pull your damn pants up."

Well, kudos for telling them to "pull your damn pants up"....

Columbia SC
Username hidden
(19130 posts)
I had some nastymethane this morning. It sure smelled explosive

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2105 posts)
I can teach you all some chemistry which is capable of considerably greater destruction.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the FBI flagged my computer years ago. A little triazidomethane will earn you a spot on their watch list....

Columbia SC
Username hidden
(19130 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 3182   End
TOPIC: WTF