Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ... 571  Next »
461 to 470 of 5705
User Details are only visible to members.
WTF ppl need to learn how to drive in the snow.

Bradford Canada
Username hidden
(1064 posts)
BLIZZARD ON INTERSTATES????? We road trip all over the Country on the Interstates. On the Interstates at many intersection there are lights and signs saying if the barriers are down and lights on YOU MUST EXIT. This is done to close the roads in snowstorms. Can someone explain why these Interstates were not closed at the first snow flake falling. It is better to be "stuck" at a intersection where there are motels, food, fuel and etc. and wait out the storm. STUPID IS AS STUPID DOES. THEY SHOULD BE FIRED. AM I RIGHT WHAT I HEARD, THERE ARE 3000 VEHICLES STUCK ON I-75 IN THIS BLIZZARD IN KENTUCKY?

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2548 posts)
Duke,

I doubt it. But whatever.

Smooth

Sounds reasonable. I still think it's interesting that this incident fizzled as quickly as it did, I'm not sure who our real enemies are or who our "friends" are in that part of the world, or if we have any. Iran, who we are supposed to hate supports Hezbollah, who hates our supposed ally Israel, but who is helping our supposed enemy Assad to fight Isis, who we hate and who, along with the Taliban, who we hate, were initially funded by the Saudis, who made up almost all of the 911 hijackers and who...we like?

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1029 posts)
@current. since the word conspiracy implies rules being broken and people being put in harms way, I would say no. no conspiracy. our gov't learned a long time ago that we can accomplish most anything we need by finding ways to use loopholes that don't require the rules to be broken. That's not because I watch "Homeland" on Showtime, it's because I have first hand knowledge from my time in service spent in Central America. I also don't believe, for the most part, that we are attempting to harm anyone who has not made it clear that they intend to do harm to us if/when they get the opportunity. I do know for a fact that at any particular moment in time, there are dozens of operations going on that, for any number of reasons, you and I are not privy to. Sometimes it would be a threat to security. Sometimes it's because there is not time to inform the appropriate committees and then wait for them to have 4 or 5 meetings to decide whether or not to "allow" the activity. I also know for a fact that in many cases when these operations are going on and something doesn't quite go as planned, there is the real story, and there is the story they put out to the public. I'm not implying wrong doing per se, just that there are times when info on this stuff can only be put out on a need to know basis so as to protect the men and women involved as well as the integrity of the mission. Doesn't always mean we'll never know what the truth was, but timing is everything.

For example, I make it no secret that I am not a big fan of the current president. However, IMO, every American owes a debt of gratitude for the fact that so far, (knock on wood) there has not been a major, successful terrorism attack in the U.S. under his watch. We have had a few issues and even loss of life, but not on the scale that many fear could come if the radicals had their way. Many Americans do not realize the massive effort it has taken to accomplish this. I also know that many of the decisions the president has had to make to accomplish this probably did not/does not sit well with his conscience, because it goes against so much that "progressive" politicians live their lives preaching. Nevertheless, he has taken a deep breath, swallowed hard and allowed them to be done in an effort to keep this country safe. Regardless of which side of the aisle you are on politically, (and this is not aimed at you current) but I don't know how any American can allow themselves to be so blinded by partisan politics that they cannot bring themselves to at least appreciate that particular aspect of the man's time in office.

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(7672 posts)
ohtay.

smh

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(10354 posts)
Rider ,He hates the Armed Forces ,Just like Jimmy Carter ,that asshole almost wreak the Services ,good thing Regan came along

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(6609 posts)
A poll taken late last year indicates that nearly 10% of college graduates surveyed in a poll believe Judith Sheindlin, aka "Judge Judy," serves on the Supreme Court.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24841 posts)
Smooth,

It sounds like you're suggesting a conspiracy in the Iran thing. Only I can't figure out what could possibly be the point. The pentagon (or Obama or aliens) want to make the US Navy look like idiots? Why?

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1029 posts)
You have a point Smooth.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(809 posts)
WTF? So from now on we'll never really know if a person of color won an academy award because they were honestly judged to be the best, or because it keeps the peace. Jada Smith and Spike Lee leading the ass clown parade on this one. Idiots.

Someone write this down. I am actually in agreement with Whoopi Goldberg on something.

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(7672 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ... 571  Next »
461 to 470 of 5705
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.