Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ... 732  Next »
441 to 450 of 7319
User Details are only visible to members.
"Do tell"

BT, did you just encourage ncal to keep talking?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28572 posts)
After working more than 30 years for 2 different airlines I can tell that you people don't know sh*t about the airlines. Like most people you think that they airlines only pay for employees and fuel. I won't go into detail about all the other expenses that they have to pay to both the cities or to the federal government for the privilege of transporting you from point A to point B. As to the cost of tickets after taking inflation into play a ticket is less now then it was 20 years. So all you Monday morning quarter backs lets do a little thinking before your fingers start moving on the keyboard. Like an old Chinese say goes "Its better to keep your mouth shut and let people think that you are a fool then to open it and remove all doubt." or in this case your fingers on the keyboard.

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(276 posts)
NCal - which regulations are keeping the airlines from making money without overbooking? Most regulations placed on airlines since Carter deregulated in the late 70's have been safety-related. Are you saying those should be eased? Do tell. Which ones?

@HFT - Your "Congress should pass a law..." post sounds an awful lot like a liberal trying to put regulations in place on big business.

...NCAL, chime in here! Isn't increased regulation a liberal thing, or was HFT really trying to say something else??

Oh, and HFT, 2Try IS absolutely right. Along with maximizing occupied seats, airlines earn big revenue through change fees which are almost pure profit. That's what drives the overbooking; maximizing shareholder value.

AND you're wrong; ...hotels, cable companies, and medical practices ALL overbook. The first overbooks their sales/reservations. The latter, their services; think installation and appointments. The concept is the same for all.

HFT, it's not as simple as you think. (See what I did there?)

BT

Oh, the irony! The funny thing is, you don't even see it!

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(13420 posts)
Get the regulations off the airlines so they can make money without having to make sure every single seat is filled.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(6067 posts)
2try, No, you have it wrong. Congress should pass a law that when a Airline takes your reservation and is paid for, you own that seat on the plane. They are forbidden from "overbooking" because they would be selling your seat. If you don't show for the flight the seat is empty and you lose your money. The Airline has no lose because you didn't show up for the flight. What other business overbooks its sales. None.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
Airline pricing has more to do with how many people they can shove into a small space than regulations. The passengers in the US pay these prices and allow the behaviors and continue to fly. You should try an airline from another developed country.

Augusta GA
Username hidden
(756 posts)
Current Obama has put so many regulations on the airlines that the only way they can make money is by doing what they do.

Current why do you liberals always bitch and complain when you have to pay the cost of the people you vote for?

Do you have any idea the regulations that Obama put on the airlines?

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(6067 posts)
Nutcal,

The way your mind works is certainly interesting. From a purely pathological standpoint.

I'm not suggesting for a minute that these people shouldn't be able to price their products any way that they want. I'm just saying that it's extremely offensive. I would add that the airlines seem to have a peculiar affinity toward business practices that are almost self destructive from a public relations and long term reputation standpoint.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2102 posts)
Current you voted for Obama and th3e Democrats the regulations they put on the airlines is the reason by it cost so much for a ticket.

Stop bitching its your vote its your fault.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(6067 posts)
Just booked a fight on American Airlines. Now apparently, in addition to paying for "premium seats" with "up to six inches more leg room" they give you the "option" of selecting ...I don't recall what they called them maybe "enhanced" seats. I paid between $17 and $34 extra per flight for these because, guess which seats were at no extra charge? You guessed it: middle seats only. Pot licking bastards.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2102 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  ... 732  Next »
441 to 450 of 7319
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.