Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ... 587  Next »
391 to 400 of 5868
User Details are only visible to members.
No idea. Some parts of the article (which appeared in Brown's own newspaper) said "some" and some said "many".

I just thought it was funny.

ww w.browndailyherald. com/2016/02/18/schoolwork-advocacy-place-strain-on-student-activists/

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25275 posts)
Brown has an enrollment of 9,000 students.

Several students. What is that? 4 or 5? A half a percent? Students make an art form of trying to get out of work...

Why is this news?

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19944 posts)
Nice to know that the high cost of higher education is going to teaching the students how to protest and not life skills that would enable them to earn a living. Perhaps they could move to Honolulu to live off the city and state as they protest the very thing that gives them the things that they need to live.

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(245 posts)
Brainiac of the year award here...

Alex Smith, 38, asked a sheriff’s deputy in Limestone County, Ala., at 3 a.m. on February 19th for a “courtesy ride” to a nearby Walmart, and the deputy agreed, but following procedure, said he’d have to search Smith before letting him into the patrol car, and according to the subsequent arrest report, Smith, needing the ride, consented.

No weapons were found, but what WAS found was:

Meth, marijuana, black tar heroin, two syringes, a drug cooking spoon, two marijuana pipes, a meth smoking pipe, and a supply of baggies of the type frequently used for drugs.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25275 posts)
Several students at the Ivy League’s Brown University complained that classroom work was increasingly a burden, distracting them from their more important calling: organizing and protesting against various “injustices” on campus. Students were underperforming academically (and suffering health problems and anxiety issues) because, said the students, Brown still expects them to complete course requirements even though they are busy denouncing racist columns in the student newspaper and challenging the weakness of Brown’s “diversity” policies (among other targets).

There are people breaking down, dropping out of classes and failing classes because of the activism work they are taking on,” said David, an undergraduate whose name has been changed to preserve anonymity. Throughout the year, he has worked to confront issues of racism and diversity on campus.

His role as a student activist has taken a toll on his mental, physical and emotional health. “My grades dropped dramatically. My health completely changed. I lost weight. I’m on antidepressants and anti-anxiety pills right now." he said.

When faced with the decision of completing activist work or studying for an exam, students sometimes feel obligated to choose the former, said Liliana Sampedro. This choice, often made by students advocating for increased diversity on campus, “has systemic effects on students of color,” she added.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25275 posts)
Why else would there be EZ Pass?

It is a very sad story, and I should not make a joke. Another Vet not getting the help he needs.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(6252 posts)
Kyle Odom, a former Marine with a history of mental illness, was arrested last night by Secret Service agents as he was attempting to deliver a message to the President at the White House. Odom was wanted in Idaho for gunning down a pastor last weekend. 

He had sent a "manifesto" to various news outlets which claimed that hypersexual Martians were taking over the earth. It contained the following:

"Martians are ubiquitous. They exist at every level of society in every nation. Some have blue collar jobs, while other occupy positions of power. They control our government, our military, and Corporate America as well. They keep track of every ‘wild’ human on the planet and manage us like animals in a zoo. Our ‘freedom’ is a carefully crafted illusion.”

Totally unrelated, has anyone heard from Andrew lately? 

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13075 posts)
"You both are hilarious!"

Ask anyone.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13075 posts)
You both are hilarious!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(11726 posts)
"I will happily double team Fun_Ahoy with Scandle "

Ms. Scandle be like "whoa, how'd I get roped into this shit?"

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13075 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ... 587  Next »
391 to 400 of 5868
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.