Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  34.1  35.1  36.1  37.1  38.1  39.1  40.1  41.1  42.1  43.1  ... 731  Next »
382 to 391 of 7301
User Details are only visible to members.
This tag line on a new profile. Possibly the longest I've ever seen:

Loving, kinky couple with an emphasis on zero-jealousy exploration of the world together. We are super-Liberal so Republicans/ mouth-breathers need-not-apply. We also love the outdoors and intellectual conversation.

-----

I don't especially care about the political leanings of potential playbuddies so long as they aren't outright Nazis or Stalinists, but anyone who has a tag line like that sounds like they just want to fight about everything.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28570 posts)
They were lucky that it was only a "house full of shit"

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8682 posts)
Well it came with around 8 acres of land. I might just accept a house full of shit for 8 acres and a home site with water/electric/gas lines already in place.

Burning it down was cheap. They removed windows and such before burning it. The house was old and almost entirely made of wood so there was not much left after the burn.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28570 posts)
"Can I see it?" "Not inside." "And you expect me to pay for it?" "No. Just take it. It comes with this house." So they did

Unbelievable... nothing going to be wrong with that freebie

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8682 posts)
I don't think I have ever heard the story so full of shit.

Fair Oaks TX
Username hidden
(12243 posts)
Sorry - I wasn't clear on that.

The old man had departed the house - either died or been institutionalized - some time prior to the purchase.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28570 posts)
"They elected to cut the utilities to it, informed the fire department and their insurer of their intentions, and burned it down."

Presumably after they evicted the old man.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5637 posts)
And, actually.... one of the nastiest stories.....

I knew someone whose father sought to purchase a country home. Upon seeing it, he was informed that this was a "2-fer" - a neighboring parcel with another home was being sold with it.

"Can I see it?"

"Not inside."

"And you expect me to pay for it?"

"No. Just take it. It comes with this house."

So they did. When they opened it up, they discovered that a crazy old man lived there for years. When the plumbing broke, he just kept shitting in the toilet until it was full. Then he began shitting in the tub, until it was full. Then in the bathroom sink. Then the laundry tub. Then the kitchen sink. Then pots, pans, plastic bags, tupperware, soup cans, whatever. The entire house was packed with containers of shit. I'm trying to think about how many years it would take for even the most vigorously active bowels to fill all of that, and trying not to think about what the house might smell like.

Since the house itself was a total loss, cleaning it up was going to be a big mess. They elected to cut the utilities to it, informed the fire department and their insurer of their intentions, and burned it down. Cleaning up the ashes was far less of a hassle.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28570 posts)
I think it just means that there is a leased tenant that's never paid a dime and they simply don't want to deal with the eviction process.

We actually had a vaguely similar situation when we bought our first house. It was a foreclosure that was the result of a divorce. Dad had moved out, Mom stayed with the kids in one apartment and other tenants were staying in another apartment, and nobody had paid rent/mortgage in years. The bank sold the house to us complete with the squatters and we had to evict them all ourselves. Thankfully they just left in a couple of weeks without a fight (or trashing the place any worse than it already was).

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28570 posts)
@VA: I saw that yesterday but I don't get it??

Are we supposed to infer that a ghost or maybe ax murderer lives there?

You can tell by the other listing photos that someone has been living in the main level of the house- or least been storing a lot of crap (& a nice bike) there.

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(3301 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  34.1  35.1  36.1  37.1  38.1  39.1  40.1  41.1  42.1  43.1  ... 731  Next »
382 to 391 of 7301
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.