WTF : Swingers Discussion 21277610381
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... More 
Start   381 to 390 of 2942   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I've heard (and through googling, found) the same thing - black bears are far more easily scared off that brown bears. Also, even though they are smaller, a black bear has more of an interest in killing you for the purposes of something to eat than a brown bear does, who usually wants assurance that you are not a threat.

Signs posted in the park near our house say that if you are confronted with a black bear, pick up small children, stand up as straight as you can, flap your arms and yell. Stand your ground. If attacked, fight.

From an article I just found:

Research by noted Canadian bear scientist Stephen Herrero has documented more than 60 fatal attacks by predatory black bears in North America since 1900. The attacks tend to happen in rural areas, where bears appear to have had little or limited previous contact with humans.

Herrero and other authorities advise that if you are approached by a black bear, especially in a rural area, grab the nearest weapon, even a big stick, and prepare to fight like hell.

abcnews.go.co m/US/survive-bear-attack/story?id=23317682

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(18754 posts)
Good, where did you come by that "generally accepted" knowledge about black bears because it directly contradicts everything I've ever seen written. With any bear you make a lot of noise and try to get as big as possible if they're not in a threatening (charging) or defensive (standing) position. If they are, you play dead, period. Doesn't matter whether it's a black bear or a grizzly.

The advice to never get in between a mother and cubs is pretty solid but I've never seen ANY reputable source recommend fighting back against a bear.

(I'm not trying to argue, I'm looking for sources of said info to compare them against the sources I'm already aware of at this time.)

Herndon VA

Username hidden
(272 posts)
Scandle, that's very odd...I hope it's easily explainable as a marketing email, just a one time issue and nothing to be concerned about. It is pretty bad timing though, considering the past weekend of "billowing smoke" coming from one dude smugly sounding off about "media crossover" going on around here that worried a few people before he disappeared.

I am just glad that the excessive capitalization is now gone, that shit hurt my eyes!

Shelly

Memphis TN

Username hidden
(3230 posts)
Life has been extremely full here, keeping me from spending much time perusing the forums the last couple of weeks. In answer to Wayne's question a while ago, I believe the email I received asking if I was a "real" swinger came from an SLS event organizer and arrived at my personal email, not the mailbox I have here.

Sheboygan Falls WI

Username hidden
(8744 posts)
If you guys keep it up, that COT will come back.

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9680 posts)
"weather it's needed or not"

Bad boy. You've run a mock again.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10769 posts)
Thanks for the warning. I think I'll put the same level of care into my internet postings as you seem to, weather it's needed or not.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(18754 posts)
Watch all you privacy experts, now google will own every letter typed on your keyboards and there is always someone to buy it. So be careful what ypou do over the internet.

Brick NJ

Username hidden
(1113 posts)
Google buys drone maker Titan Aerospace.

money.cnn com/2014/04/14/technology/innovation/google-titan-drone/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Brick NJ

Username hidden
(1113 posts)
Good...Good advice, next time you see a black bear look behind you and make sure you are not between the black bear and her cubs. Cause if you are, your in a world of shit and make plans for a escape away from the cubs. When I had my place in PA I always made sure that there was nothing around to attract them. One year they killed a state record bear less then 10 miles from my place.

Brick NJ

Username hidden
(1113 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... More 
Start   381 to 390 of 2942   End
TOPIC: WTF