WTF : Swingers Discussion 21277610381
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... More 
Start   381 to 390 of 3404   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Have you seen the movie "Contagion"? Great movie. I always liked Lawrence Fishburne. Had some good explanations of transmission concepts like "R naught" (the best I can transliterate it in here).

Also a good predictor of how much people behave like animals when they are scared or desperate.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19463 posts)
Definitely scary stuff. Remember modeling, as part of graduate school,the spread of disease via modern transport networks. Take a person with a fairly communicable disease transmitted via human-to-human contact, and it was frightening to say the least. The reason we never really hear about such outbreaks is that the Ebola Virus normally tends to breaks out in areas with low population density to keep it live and flowing. The line from the book I remember the most was something like "Ebola needs meat". In this country? I don't even want to think about it.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(760 posts)
Agreed VA. I also think it's bullshit to call them heroes for trying out the new medicine. I've heard different rates for fatalities - up to 90%, so trying something that has a chance for poor side effects doesn't sound that bad.

They are heroes because they risked themselves to help others. With a disease so often fatal it seems reasonable to take a chance with a cure, but why were the first people treated white Americans? Are their lives more valuable and worth saving? Perhaps they fact that they were willing to travel halfway across the world to help people and expose themselves truly does make them more valuable than the average Joe. They are braver than I am.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(255 posts)
I am personally awestruck that they have deliberately brought two people with Ebola to the US. While they are taking precautions out the yin yang, I would much rather they send doctors to Africa.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19463 posts)
Ebola is some scary stuff. Watch those sensational news bits then spend 2 minutes in google images to put a nice cherry on top for the panic prone.

If someone else does get it then there will be riots in the street.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2317 posts)
Watching CNN this morning, an interview with former NYC Mayor Bloomberg was asked in typical news speak about the spread of Ebola to the US because of the 2 American aide workers infected. Bloomberg's response was that the people and places know what they are doing and that the media is sensationalizing. This sensationalizing is just the media trying to cause panic here in the US and unfortunately he is so right. Just like the old adage in the newspaper business "If it Bleeds, It LEADS". So today they make the stupidest things bleed to make a story.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
Huff post?

Aw hell. Now you went and summoned up the "daily huffers". LOL.

Cape Canaveral FL
Username hidden
(5132 posts)
You have to remember that until the Limbaugh era, there was a law in place requiring television media outlets to present BOTH positions of a story. Newspapers were never required to do so. that's why you would see two or more major newspapers in any given city.

So much for fair and balanced.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(8393 posts)
Yes. The other problem is that the news seems to also push political agenda's disguised as news and sensationalism.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2317 posts)
BLT: That is the new normal it seems. Hyperbole and sensationalism are what sells. I tend to go to the BBC (British Broadcasting) for something a bit toned down.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(760 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... More 
Start   381 to 390 of 3404   End
TOPIC: WTF