Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum WTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... More 
Start   381 to 390 of 4837   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"(hello, horses and cows are vegetarians by nature and....look at 'em! beautiful and amazing creatures!)

I've seen some ugly cows. I'm always amazed at how stupid they are.

Just my opinion about cows after working a dairy farm and seeing beef cattle operations. Maybe the companion animal cows are different.

:-)

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4925 posts)
That was the "naturally shed" part. The other part implies they are wild animals, which may or may not be true. There are a lot of elk farms/ranches who raise elk for meat and the antlers.

Elk antlers are used by certain ethnic communities as an aphrodisiac. Head bones for boners.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4925 posts)
I think the main implication was that they were not killed for their antlers.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20330 posts)
"...from wild-roaming Rocky Mountain elk."

That could be a marketing ploy. Domestically raised elk can "roam wild" on a ranch.

Yeah, I'm skeptical of marketing and advertising.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4925 posts)
"I don't like people telling me how to live my life thus I try not to tell others how to live theirs. "

this is one of the things I admire about you, and how caring you are to others.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20330 posts)
Scandle - I think they treated with high heat to kill the ickies.

NJ - I'm not militant either. In fact, Scamp and I went out to eat with some friends a few weeks ago. They had rabbit on the menu. Scamp had never had rabbit (well the small furry animal kind at least). I figured he'd feel weird about ordering it with me there so I encouraged him to get it if he wanted.

He did and it was, apparently, nearly as tasty as me. ;^)

I don't like people telling me how to live my life thus I try not to tell others how to live theirs.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2155 posts)
**sigh**

The antler discussion reminded me of our last wonderful dog, who loved them. I live in a rural area and one time picked up some antlers found on the ground. FYI - they need to be sterilized before you give them to your dog if you're going to have them in the house, so I boiled them for 10 minutes. Egad, what stench! I don't know if the ones sold in stores or online have been prepared likewise. Maybe!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(10221 posts)
yeah i've heard some bizarre ones too.

"but how do you stay healthy and get enough protein without meat?"

(hello, horses and cows are vegetarians by nature and....look at 'em! beautiful and amazing creatures!)

i usually try to say up front i'm not a militant vegetarian; it's my choice and i'm happy with it for myself. i have no desire to change others' choices for them when it comes to food.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(7034 posts)
Oh and yes NJ, you can be happy about the antlers. Elk and deer naturally shed their antlers every year. Nothing needed to die to provide those antlers.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2155 posts)
"i'm a vegetarian livin in an omnivorous world"

LOL! Tell me about it. It's funny the way people get confused and/or take offence because I'm vegan. I thought I heard stupid comments when I was vegetarian but they got really good when I became vegan. Here are some WTF comments I've gotten. Keep in mind I was not doing anything to make someone mad. In most of these cases I kindly turned down something that contained meat, dairy or egg...when asked why I simply stated I was vegan.

after being asked why I didn't want a slice of the "really good" pizza and telling them it's because I'm vegan they said; "How can you tell someone's a vegan? Don't worry, they'll tell you! <guffaw>" (hello? you asked)

"Plants have feelings too"

"Milk is an cow's way of helping us out"

"If we don't milk the cows they will explode"

"Those combines that cut the grain you eat kill lots of small animals"

"chickens are just plants that can walk"

"but you eat fish right?"

"but Fish aren't animals"

"Oh, well I like meat" (it wasn't the taste that turned me off)

"but it's really good! Taste it! You'll like it so much you won't want to be vegan anymore"

"I had a friend that was vegan/vegetarian and they got really sick"

"but there's just a little bit of meat in it. It's mostly veggies"

"then what do you eat?" (hint, I eat food)

oh and the most recent one was that I apparently can't afford to buy meat.

smh and lol

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2155 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... More 
Start   381 to 390 of 4837   End
TOPIC: WTF