Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ... 726  Next »
361 to 370 of 7251
User Details are only visible to members.
Trooper mainly flies Delta. And about 1/2 the time is upgraded to first class. He is on a Delta flight right now, Dallas bound. Very few problems specially now that he is doing the company's southern territory and no longer has to worry about flying around in snow storms, other then the 3 times a year he goes to Denver.

I have lots of friends that love Southwest, but I have yet to find a decent rate flying with them, anywhere I want to go when I want to go there. Usually its like 99 bucks to get somewhere and 700 to get back home. Yeah thanks I'll just take the 349.00 round trip Delta flight thanks.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21869 posts)
NCAL,

So, those are two regulations that you think should be suspended; Allowing passengers to get out of there seats without recourse whenever they want, and not removing passengers from the plane who act out?

Those two regulations, which cost the airlines millions in lawsuits...They should go away? Then, the airlines will make more money and not have to fill every seat?

So, that's how you'd end the issue of overbooking?

Interesting. Not sure about anyone else, but I know that I'd feel much safer if those two regulations went away.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(13303 posts)
Bridge those regulations have cost the airlines millions in lawsuits. Passengers are acting out just to sue now because they know the TV will run the video 24/7.

Airlines are screwed because they have to obey the FAA regulations or get is serious trouble.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(5554 posts)
"NCAL...Why do I bother??"

That was our conclusion, hence the recently installed block. What a breath of fresh air not to see his drivel in every stinking thread.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5573 posts)
NCAL...Why do I bother??

This was your first post:

"Get the regulations off the airlines so they can make money without having to make sure every single seat is filled."

When I asked which regulations were costly, you wrote:

"Golly gee how about the regulation that a passenger who gets our of their seat in the tarmack must be removed from the plane. Or a passenger that is acting out must be removed form the plane before that passenger becomes a potential threat..."

Golly gee...How often do those two things happen? Not very. So, how does removing those regulations make the airline more money so they don't need to fill every seat??

Your argument in this instance, like most, is a sieve.

BT

...And here comes HFT for with his follow up post sponsored by the Bromance Defense Fund.... 3...2...1...

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(13303 posts)
Wasn't a reason the airlines started to nickel and dimes with few due to when oil prices were extremely high? Once they made bag fees, reserve seat fees, use the bathroom fees a norm across all airlines we just acccepted it as a fact that if we want lower rates we will have to pay for the 'extras' (which are anything but).

In January, Mrs F, Man-Boy and I will be joining her sisters and their families on a cruise out of Cape Canaveral. We were doing the math on how much airfare and fees were going to be and it was a little outrageous. So we came up with a great plan. Mrs F and I will drive to Florida, we will take anyone's extra bags with us. In return her sisters have decided that they will pay for Man-Boy's airfare. Win - win! Mrs F and I I get to take a road trip (one of our favorite activities) by ourselves. Man-Boy gets to travel on a plane for the first time with his cousins. I avoid the annoying chatter of a family friend who is going as well. No one has to worry about what to pack or not to pack (avoid baggage fees) and if anyone wants to have a drink and hang out with us when we stop for the night (prob around GA) then we can all have a great time and I avoid paying about $750 (approx).

There is always a way, you just have to be creative.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2354 posts)
Golly gee how about the regulation that a passenger who gets our of their seat in the tarmack must be removed from the plane.

Or a passenger that is acting out must be removed form the plane before that passenger becomes a potential threat.

Everyone on the pane is filming everything so the employees dont have a choice anymore do what the govemrent demands of be in violation of the FAA and lose your job.

The crushing weight of goverment is the reason behind everything you have seen on TV about passengers being removed from planes.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(5554 posts)
Our preferred airline used to be US Airways, because we used to (normally) fly out of Norfolk, VA, and US Airways had their shit together so nicely at that airport. Delta especially was a disaster out of Norfolk every time.

But, US Airways doesn't exist anymore, and we don't live there anymore. Our preferred became American. Delta has earned our love back lately, as they've refitted many of their planes with cool ass TVs, USBs, etc.

I dunno - we are pretty experienced fliers and we virtually never have a problem.

Our worst experiences ever have been with Frontier, which we tried only because they are the only direct flight from Orlando to Denver.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28430 posts)
I fly Southwest whenever I can. Maybe it is just good marketing but their business model seems to address most of the complaints people have with other airlines and their excessive fees.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5573 posts)
"2forFun, don't just fly over and drop the arrogance bomb." I see what you did there.

How about the fee for changing flights..yikes!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8356 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  ... 726  Next »
361 to 370 of 7251
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.