Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum WTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... More 
Start   321 to 330 of 4841   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm going to add my two cents about the public/private school debate. According to studies in Freakonomics, students who go to private schools are much more successful in average than those who go to public schools but it just so happens that they could compare the success of students from similar backgrounds but different schools. Chicago had a charter school that was excellent. There was a high demand for the spots. Chicago solved the dilemma with a lottery so admissions were random. While the students who got in the charter school were much more successful than the average student, guess what? Those that qualified but lost the lottery were equally successful. Therefore, it wasn't the school that made the difference. It was the talent of the students along with motivation and the family's value of education.

That seems about right in my experience. My boys went to terrible failing schools yet but the very successful. Our eldest is expected to earn his doctor next year, in only 5 years while our youngest son scored a perfect score on the math section of his SAT.

We spent all of our tuition money on sports, medical expenses, and travel. We all have our priorities.

Carrollton TX
Username hidden
(578 posts)
TBR - The horse is already dead. He doesn't mind the continued beating.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2161 posts)
That poor horse...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18206 posts)
Fred - I stated that I could not afford to send my kids to private school. You replied, "It's all relevant and what is important and what is not." insinuating, whether you meant it or not, that I did not place importance on my kids' education. Sure, I could have gotten a second or third job and been out of the house 7 days a week and *maybe* been able to afford to send my kids to private school BUT I would have missed out on raising my kids. Schools and daycare would likely have raised my kids for me.

Working all of those jobs I might not have been home or had the energy to give my kids a decent breakfast. If I allowed the school to give my kids' breakfast in the morning because I was working the graveyard shift to afford a private education for them would I be a good or bad parent?

I didn't bother responding before now because I've played quite enough pigeon chess lately. As was said before, you have all the insight of a "Mitt Romney" encouraging poor students to borrow from their parents.

Go back into the politics forum where you usually lurk if you don't like fun, flirty, sexy, banter which is so terribly out of place on a sex site. Oh, and lighten up a tad.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2161 posts)
@scamp- the funny thing is I never commentated on any of your post until you commented on mine and called me out. Now your saying "I called you out to be relavent." Got a pretty high opinion of yourself I see.

Herndon VA
Username hidden
(573 posts)
Like I said get over yourself. I didn't attack her I made a comment after she responded to my post. She responded with her opinion and I responded with my opinion not a attack. Like I said I never directed the word "you" in my response to her. I have responded plenty in the forums. Like I said see you do this stuff before with other people. So know you are saying you are so popular I made a comment towards you to be noticed? Lol clown

Herndon VA
Username hidden
(573 posts)
@fred: The beauty of a forum like this is people can post whatever inane BS they wish and others can choose to read, reply or ignore as they wish. I honestly never noticed you posting until you decided to take a shot at my GF so you must not have had much to contribute but if attacking me makes you feel relevant, go for it.

~scamp

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2161 posts)
i'm not a "made" guy, but I am one of the "cool kids". :)

I think.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(6289 posts)
@scamp- In my first reply to her post I never once used the word "you" as in this post is about you and how you live. I typed her name to let her know I was giving my opinion on what she said about the subject. if you look at your previous post you typed the words "you" as having your opinions pertain specifically to me. I'm sorry if you feel my words were directed at you. Though I should not be surprised with someone that is so consumed with himself that he thinks everything is about him or he needs to interject himself in everything. I guess the key was when you started giving blow by blow accounts of your dating life and your move like everyone was standing on edge waiting for your next account. believe it or not people have different opinions so is guess if someone doesn't agree with one of your post or types something then they will get a 2 for 1 lashing and the forum mafia will follow. Not impressed get use to it.

Herndon VA
Username hidden
(573 posts)
...which reminds me of a favorite quote.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(7087 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... More 
Start   321 to 330 of 4841   End
TOPIC: WTF