Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ... 562  Next »
321 to 330 of 5616
User Details are only visible to members.
Interesting you have access to Mr. Knowles tax returns...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19397 posts)
So obviously you did want to.

Wealth is a relative term. $70-$80 grand a year as a Xerox sales exec provided a pretty good life at that time. No it isn't fabulous wealth, but she certainly did not grow up wanting for much. As for the restt of my post, I see no need for clarification.

Lake Wales FL
Username hidden
(7195 posts)
Not that I want to perpetuate this discussion, but I will...

I didn't know anything about Beyonce's early life, so I looked it up on the arbiter of all things internet, Wikipedia.

Her dad was a xerox sales manager and her mom a hairdresser.

So while she may have grown up in a middle class, maybe even slightly upper middle class, I think calling her upbringing wealthy is a bit of a stretch...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19397 posts)
Hmmm, after catching up on reading some of the entertainment around here, pass me that piece pipe please!

Mrs. Uriah

Memphis TN
Username hidden
(4920 posts)
So while at Hedo we met a couple that we had met here in Florida. I didn't recall meeting them, however.

She said (rather annoyed) "Yeah, I told you I only play with girls and you lost interest pretty quickly."

Oddly, losing interest in a girl who tells me that she has no interest in guys sounds like something I would do. I'm not sure what she expected me to do.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24524 posts)
This Beyonce person- I had to look her up since i'm not familiar with her music. So, I found this: youtube.c om/watch?v=qbzMCvcfzQg

Hmm, nice, and the music, well there ain't none, so I found- Beyonce All 17 Videos in 4 Mins!

youtube.c om/watch?v=972-kQkrTJI

Classic[al]. Nice. Well she ain't AC/DC but I could live with that.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
Some people simply learn to pander to an audience.

Some people are good at selling what people want to buy.

I know plenty of people who call persons like Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton "stupid". I vigorously disagree. They found a way to convince people to pay them lots of money to just watch them. Doesn't sound stupid to me.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24524 posts)
I don't know what her being well off as a child has to do with her music either.

She is just as able to make songs about the human condition as her husband, who really did struggle as a child.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19397 posts)
Like many "artists" in that genre, I find it interesting how many believe they relate to her and her music, when in fact she grew up wealthy and quite priviledged. She knows nothing of the struggles of day to day life that so many of her follwers deal with. They believe she is some kind of tower of strength, but the truth is that they themselves are far stronger and prove it daily by continuing to work to survive and overcome real life adversity.

Lake Wales FL
Username hidden
(7195 posts)
So some people are calling for a boycott of Beyonce because they don't like her latest video.

The WTF part of the whole thing is that the people calling for a boycott have probably never listened to one of her songs.

I haven't either, just not my type of music.

And the people who do like her stuff will ignore the boycott.

Maybe this should be in Politics, but the constant outrage machine makes me wanna go WTF!

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19397 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ... 562  Next »
321 to 330 of 5616
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.