Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ... 533  Next »
321 to 330 of 5321
User Details are only visible to members.
" For the most part, only benighted cowards make false racist accusations ..."

Diddo, but it's worse than that. 

I have gotten into arguments with PartyPerks about this very thing; i.e., slinging around the racist tag too lightly. "Racist" is a powerful word, and should be, but its power gets diluted by misuse and overuse. 

That's one reason I try not to accuse people of racism too lightly. There are people clearly prejudiced favorably and negatively based on racial stereotyping, who I wouldn't call racist (at least according to the definition I use).

I have charged another Louisiana forummer with being racist, based on his rather overt display of it. But I've tried to resist expressing it even  toward other forummers who often take stands on issues that parrot those of white supremacists, and who even say decidedly racist-sounding things (e.g., expressions of discomfort that Black voters are allowed to influence election outcomes). 

Walking, swimming and quacking like a duck might raise suspicions that it just might be a duck. But if the duck label is important, it's better not to apply it unless you're fairly sure of it. And because I believe racism is in a person's heart, it's hard to know that for sure unless they make it clear. 

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12449 posts)
"JW why the other mother wasn't also arrested. "

I believe she has been charged, if the radio news is correct.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18527 posts)
I'm with Dr. VA on this. For the most part, only benighted cowards make false racist accusations and resort to puerile name calling. Back your shit up or apologize.

~rabbit~ who is not a doctor but played one once in a school play

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2964 posts)
I'm sure you just let it go when people say things like that about you.

Whatever - it's actually easier to let it go now that you've demonstrated that you have no intention or ability to back it up. It was just a witless barb thrown out. It must be nice to always feel like you can win every argument by calling someone a racist. Keep using that. See how much respect it earns you.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23756 posts)
@VA: I know your hands were shaking when you wrote that I am a "coward." Get real.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7382 posts)
Back up your charge of calling me a racist and that's when I'll let you go.

Until then you're nothing but a coward.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23756 posts)
JW why the other mother wasn't also arrested. holy bejeezus, WTF were those women thinking. and considering the violence involved--yep, they got the right charge.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(9006 posts)
@VA: From "Frozen." Let It Go!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7382 posts)
@BLT People here on Long Island ,have nothing better to do ,then stir the shit ,sent them all back to Brooklyn LOL

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4602 posts)
The mother of the 1-year old was arrested. I didn't post all of the story.

p.s. that's Dr. VA to you.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23756 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ... 533  Next »
321 to 330 of 5321
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.