Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 651  Next »
32 to 41 of 6501
User Details are only visible to members.
Driving daily amisdt the fumes of Atl gridlocked traffic, I don't see the smell of pot being the barrier for me.

The legality of it is though. I've typically had shit for luck, and I would probably try to buy a joint from a narcotics officer.

So I suppose that'll just be one of those items that has to stay on the list.

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(3846 posts)
I am personally nauseated by the smell. I absolutely cannot stand it.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26881 posts)
I really missed a bucket list item last December when I visited family in WA.

I've never used recreational drugs of any description, but have though it would be a kick to try pot once at least before I died.

But alas, I was just having a good time seeing family I'd not seen in a long while so, after a week, I got back on the plane to Atl without trying some legal stuff.

Oh well...

Tramp

(Besides, Lady would have likely wrung ole Tramp's neck!)

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(3846 posts)
Most plants are clones of successful strains, that is how they can keep the quality.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1600 posts)
Since the penalties for possessing and selling pot have always been based on weight, it's not surprising that pot has gotten more potent. Even decades ago we called that "polio weed". A USDA scientist back in the 1980s called this one of the most impressive and successful plant selection and hybridization phenomena in US agricultural history.

I'm not taking anything away from the technical competence of amateur growers. It's the scaled production side of it that I'm interested in watching. Making amazing home brew is one thing. Ramping up to a successful regional brewery takes a largely different skill set.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1597 posts)
TBR thats about right. 70s pot was fun party pot that everyone could smoke and enjoy, laughter and munchies. Today its so strong that i wont touch the stuff. Its great way to shut your brain off and many use pot to stop thinking about work or problems so they can sleep at night.

Current, when did the feds give the banks the ok to bank pot money? that must be very recent.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3972 posts)
I would imagine a lot of it has to do with cultivar selection.

Large agricultural companies got where they were through a scientific approach. Motivated by money they will probably succeed when it comes to quality vs cost.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26881 posts)
I am certainly no expert on the subject, but as I understand it, it has to do with the concentration of the active ingredient in the pot.

Like I said, I don't smoke, but among the people I know who do, they say that the pot today can not be compared to what we got in the 1970's.

70s pot=3.2 beer

2017 pot=everclear

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21169 posts)
@TBR,

Water light and humidity control is also necessary for growing tomatoes. I guess my point was that a lot of people who have gotten into it up here are former home growers. Growing weed is an Ag enterprise. I think they will either become famers and learn how to farm at scale, or real farmers, and I think particularly people who have figured out truck farming of produce, will eat their lunch. Just my theory. It's interesting to watch the industry develop.

@Ncal Wow. The range of subjects you know nothing about but still consider yourself expert on is impressive. The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis (formally Liquor Control Board) successfully petitioned the justice department to grant immunity from racketeering prosecution to banks that held bank accounts for grow ops. Their concern was precisely that without banks, the industry could only be cash based and would be much harder to regulate.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1597 posts)
Current the issue that is keeping the mass production of pot from happening is that banking the money is still not legal. Feds have made sure that no one who makes money off of pot can put that money in a bank. Once this issue is cleared up the the big commercial growers will be growing pot on a massive scale.

TBR pot can be grown like tobacco in fields. Everyone in Mendocino county was growing pot outside. Tending it like any other crop. Big commercial grows can be done indoors just as easily. Its an easy plant to grow with the biggest problem is mites attacking the plant. No one uses bug spray on their pot plants. i dont know why. Malathion is broken down in three days to carbon. The hardest part of growing pot is trimming the leaf off the buds.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3972 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 651  Next »
32 to 41 of 6501
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.