Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum WTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... More 
Start   311 to 320 of 4841   End
User Details are only visible to members.
ok i will make one more pigeon chess move.

@ fred: i never said i quoted you directly, and in fact i did not quote you directly. i paraphrased--and put the section i did in quotes should have mentioned it was a paraphrase but hey -- *kudos* to you for pointing that out. bless your heart.

here ARE some direct quotes from your posts:

"@ rabbit- being able to "afford" a private school. It's all relevant and what is important and what is not.

They make great sacrifices because they believe their kids education is the most important thing. But isn't that what life is about? making sacrifices for what you feel is important."

SO--while you didn't use the words that i *paraphrased* in my comments, the implication and insinuation was verrrrrrry close to it.

bless your heart. you've dubbed me forum mafia and given me "cool kid" points and i was really only trying to point out to you the same truths that AsTimeGoesBy pointed out to you in her comments.

i did state clearly in my post to you that it was JMO. obviously YMMV (and does).

that doesn't make you "right." just as much as i don't claim to be "right"--the world is this enormous place that every humanoid experiences differently. might be more inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt if you didn't seem so hellbent on insulting so many people rather than having a graceful discussion.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(7081 posts)
@ as time goes by- I respect your post and your opinion. Maybe I have my beliefs and opinions because of what I have seen and lived. Many people have the belief that only the fortunate and wealthy go to private school. That is farthest from the truth. As far a having a roof over my head. Yep always had one, but was it a nice roof? Nope lower class neighborhoods could have afforded better but that would have taken money away from "the plan" as my dad would say. Food on the table Saturday - Thursday had to wait to get paid on Friday for the next weeks food. Both parents working 2 jobs. Family car? Not till I was 22 first car. Fortunate enough to go to college on scholarships and grants. Our past does mold our beliefs and opinions. Maybe that's why I feel it can be done because I have seen it done. But that is why I also used the word relevent in my original post. Just my opinion.

Herndon VA
Username hidden
(573 posts)
Fred. In your initial comment, you said "My parents didn't like the beliefs and academics in public school so they sent us to private school that taught their core beliefs. See simple problem solved and nothing left to comain [sic] about." In response, several people pointed out that even with great sacrifices on a person's part, private schooling could be impossible. You then commented with examples of how some of your acquaintances were able to manage anyway. IMO, your responses implied that everyone can/could do the same if they'll just "sacrifice". What your comments tell me is that you have NOT really ever struggled, nor have you worried about a roof over your head or food on the table.

AND, Fred, any personal charm you may have certainly slips when your beliefs are challenged. I think you have a bad case of 'lastworditis'.

Greenville RI
Username hidden
(132 posts)
@ nj " you saw my post about " if parents care" well I looked back through my post and can't seem to find those words anywhere in any of them. So far I have one I insinuated something and 1 I would guess on assumption since I never used those words. I used the world relevent and then have examples of people I know. so you interjected yourself nicely by saying I used words I didn't. I guess that's rule number 1 of the forum mafia to say someone insinuated something or just totally fabricate a quote that they did not say. Don't worry you still got your cool kid points for the day.

Herndon VA
Username hidden
(573 posts)
Ok. I totally mistook the "poor horse" comment

I was thinking back to the ".... and the horse you rode in on" and thinking to myself: yeah, the horse didn't do anything wrong and can't help the company he keeps

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11102 posts)
oh and DD, your post makes enormous sense to me. parents who are involved and work with the school system are much more likely to help their children on to success.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(7081 posts)
i dunno if this makes me fora mafia or not, but i'm going to respond directly to fred (and the poor dead horse'll get pounded a bit more)

listen fred, i saw your post about how "if parents care" they can work multiple jobs and they can choose to sacrifice and if it's a high enough priority, then by golly they will make private school happen for their kids.

i found it a bit presumptuous because i *know* how much private school costs, plus all the hidden costs like dress code clothes, shoes, outerwear, and the activities and fees that go along with. and i politely pointed out that hey--even working multiple jobs, supporting a family *and* private school tuition just might not be possible.

so parents who *do* care, find ways to make public school work, and at the same time, have the absolute right to complain about the state of our school system.

JMHO, but it sorta peeved me, too. we all make plans for our lives--and then life happens, realities interfere, and caring parents all deal with it the best we can.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(7081 posts)
I used to lock my shit up, but the smell got to be too much.

As for the mafia question, you have to be of pure asshat blood on both sides of your family. Essentially, if you can't trace birth sides of your family back to Asshatteria, you can't be in the mafia.

I can only trace one side of my family back there, and Like you, they were products of lowly public school systems, and to make matters worse, they returned as adults to teach and administrate, thereby perpetuating the previously mentioned public school mediocrity.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(10250 posts)
Don't go bringing Freakonomics into this. You don't want any sense going on....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22702 posts)
"you really need to start locking your shit up a little better"

I started doing that but kept losing the keys.

Dammit, all I really want to know in this thread is how I can get to be in the forum mafia. Is it possible for someone from "the masses" who attended lowly public schools to make the cut?

Brookhaven MS
Username hidden
(11968 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... More 
Start   311 to 320 of 4841   End
TOPIC: WTF