Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 650  Next »
31 to 40 of 6492
User Details are only visible to members.
@TBR,

Water light and humidity control is also necessary for growing tomatoes. I guess my point was that a lot of people who have gotten into it up here are former home growers. Growing weed is an Ag enterprise. I think they will either become famers and learn how to farm at scale, or real farmers, and I think particularly people who have figured out truck farming of produce, will eat their lunch. Just my theory. It's interesting to watch the industry develop.

@Ncal Wow. The range of subjects you know nothing about but still consider yourself expert on is impressive. The Washington State Liquor and Cannabis (formally Liquor Control Board) successfully petitioned the justice department to grant immunity from racketeering prosecution to banks that held bank accounts for grow ops. Their concern was precisely that without banks, the industry could only be cash based and would be much harder to regulate.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1597 posts)
Current the issue that is keeping the mass production of pot from happening is that banking the money is still not legal. Feds have made sure that no one who makes money off of pot can put that money in a bank. Once this issue is cleared up the the big commercial growers will be growing pot on a massive scale.

TBR pot can be grown like tobacco in fields. Everyone in Mendocino county was growing pot outside. Tending it like any other crop. Big commercial grows can be done indoors just as easily. Its an easy plant to grow with the biggest problem is mites attacking the plant. No one uses bug spray on their pot plants. i dont know why. Malathion is broken down in three days to carbon. The hardest part of growing pot is trimming the leaf off the buds.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3929 posts)
I don't think that growing pot will become big among commercial farmers. To get the best product, you must control all aspects of the grow, including light, water, humidity, etc. You can't just plant it in the open and let it grow.

In another one of the ironies, the city of Coalinga has sold it's prison to a pot grower...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21132 posts)
Pot has been legal here in Washington. People still grow it and many use it for barter, but a lot of people just go to the stores. The quality is getting better and the price is dropping to typical black market range (so my consumer friends tell me. I rarely smoke).

I have been expecting that traditional Ag producers, like truck farms that grow hot house produce, would eventually dominate the industry. It's commercial farming after all. I've seen a bit of that. One friend who owns a commercial Ag nursery has gotten into it. He has a lot of skilled workers with some slack time in their annual schedule cycle. He says it helps keep skilled people around which is an ever increasing problem with the turmoil over immigration. Still a new enterprise though.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1597 posts)
Everyone is going to be growing their own pot. Pot tasting clubs are starting to spring up all over Nevada like the beer and wine clubs. give it a couple of years. Pot will be mass produced like tobacco.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3929 posts)
The cartels could drop prices so low that if would kill the legal US Product. US legal growers wouldn't be able to compete.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1593 posts)
I'm sure it will make the Canadians, who ship some major league tonnage into the lower 48 very happy to have their southern competition disappear.

Then again, with 40-something states without legalized pot, I'm thinking you're wrong again, NeverRightCal.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12573 posts)
With pot becoming legal in Cal and Nevada this year so much is going to be grown that Mexico is out of business.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3929 posts)
Agua Prieta Mexico. February 14, 2017

Mexican authorities have seized a "medieval style" catapult used by smugglers to fling marijuana over the US border fence.

The trailer mounted apparatus was capable of flinging 2 kilogram bales of pot across the border, presumably for later pickup by accomplices. The operators of the device escaped before being apprehended. The trailer mounted catapult, the SUV used to tow it, and roughly 44 pounds of marijuana were seized.

By reportedly anchoring the catapult to the border fence, the smugglers simultaneously demonstrated not only their mechanical ingenuity, but their humorous sense of political irony as well.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1597 posts)
That was good matzo ball soup last night. Tonight i am going to spend some time cooking. My very own recipe i call spicy shrimp with Apricot almond sauce. This takes a couple of hours to prep. I learned to cook because i had to work my way through college and cooking was the best paying job after class was out.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3929 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 650  Next »
31 to 40 of 6492
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.