Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  26.1  27.1  28.1  29.1  30.1  31.1  32.1  33.1  34.1  35.1  ... 650  Next »
302 to 311 of 6496
User Details are only visible to members.
Good points Current. I too have been really disturbed by the Suree Court Justice block. I keep wondering why there hasn't been up uprising.

Then again, I don't want to leer the way. So there you are.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(1007 posts)
Really no authoritarian country? You mean that the goverment is not forcing me to buy garbage health insurance for $1,250 per month? Or else the goverment hurts me?

Pray tell me what an authoritarian government is then?

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3948 posts)
"For as long as I can remember everyone has always been worried about authoritarean rule and it hasn't come into the fruition and level that everyon cries about (and strangely it's only authoritarean if your guy/party isn't in control). The greatest thing about the USA is the Constitution and the checks and balances that it creates."

Fokkers, Constitutional controls? Like where the President gets to fill Supreme Court openings? The concern I have is a slide into uncharted territory. In the current bizzaro world people don't even seem to notice the precedents. Like when a candidate incites his followers to violence against protesters and it doesn't provoke universal condemnation. And like when one party denies the aforementioned constitutional prerogative for a completely unprecedented nine months and it doesn't provoke civil insurrection.

I agree that hyperbole about one person's "guy" or another being an authoritarian is nothing new, and hasn't happened...so far. The trouble with authoritarianism is that it's not consistent with allowing anyone else's "guy" to have a turn. It's a one time ticket to a one way trip. And the tools for implementing it have never been more powerful.

I'd like to think that the tens of millions of tactical weapons the Second Amendment has placed in civilian hands could make this impossible. However, as an ardent Second Amendment guy I have see how strongly held and how lopsided, the political opinions are in that community. As you said "it's only authoritarian if your guy/party isn't in control.

Oh well. Yay for today.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1597 posts)
Wow. over 500 results for Rhino Fart. That was a lot more than I expected. ADD kicked in after the first page but I get the jist of it.

Lake Butler FL
Username hidden
(365 posts)
I've been to Ybor City and Lord knows that's not all they'll see on those cameras LOL

Clemmons NC
Username hidden
(4370 posts)
Gotcha. The last time we were on here we didn't follow the forums much.

fyi the Tampa PD caught zero criminals. They came really close to catching a guy rolling a joint though, according to the article I referenced.

Lake Butler FL
Username hidden
(365 posts)
It's an old joke, jabbing at a forum poster who rarely wanders away from politics these days.

If you search "rhino fart" in the fora, you'll see a great many references to it, most of them from 2012 and before. Probably only Fun and tbr would get that one.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26872 posts)
VA.

You lost me...

Lake Butler FL
Username hidden
(365 posts)
"In 2001 Tampa put up 36 facial recognition cameras in Ybor "

Have they managed to camera trap any gassy rhinoceroses?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26872 posts)
In 2001 Tampa put up 36 facial recognition cameras in Ybor The ST Pete Times article dated July 19 2001 titled Click. BEEP, face captured is quite a read. I remember hearing a tec saying, when all this was happening, That the crowd who was wearing mostly Groucho Marx masks didn't matter much because it works by analyzing 80 points between the nose, cheekbones and eyes so there were several points still available for the technology to do its job. FYI They removed the software but still have the cameras.

Lake Butler FL
Username hidden
(365 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  26.1  27.1  28.1  29.1  30.1  31.1  32.1  33.1  34.1  35.1  ... 650  Next »
302 to 311 of 6496
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.