Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ... 648  Next »
261 to 270 of 6479
User Details are only visible to members.
Current just wait until Trump takes office before you do the typical Democratic thing and blame him for all of the mess Obama and the democrats created. The whole Democratic world of lying scam science is going to be blown sky high very soon. With hard documented proof of how the frauds by NGO's and PHD's created the scams scienceS that has destroyed so much of our country...get ready for your Democratic lying scam artist machine to come crashing down. The Republican are not just bringing back freedom to the healthcare and securing the border, and ending the illegals voting and using welfare in America but they are going all out against the EPA and all the lying scam artist PHDs in our Universities. Its going to be a bloodbath and all you lying Democrats are going to be bled to death in court as EVERYONE you have destroyed is going to sue... Sixty years of lies is going to be front and center, no longer do you Democrats control the media and the message..no longer I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3846 posts)
Current, consider a hypothetical Amendment which might have been adopted near the founding, phrased similarly to the 2nd Amendment: "The construction of fortifications being necessary to the defense against Indian attack on the frontier, no able-bodied male shall have the right to refuse conscription, without pay, for the construction of public works."

Now, do we ignore the statement of intent (just as the NRA urges us to do with the second amendment)? That would mean that in 2017 you could be yanked into service filling potholes, which obviously wasn't the intent back in 1789.

Isn't the more honest construction one that seeks to accomplish the clearly-stated intent, and not something else?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13535 posts)
"I think it's reasonable for a court to consider the context of the document when looking at a bizarre construction like the sentence granting the right to keep and bear arms."

Fine. That reveals even more hypocrisy by conservatives who advocate "textualist" constitutional construction. To "bear arms" was, at the time, almost universally a term connoting organized military activities, not private, individual use of weapons. No one ever said he wanted to "bear arms" against a deer. You were said to "bear arms" only if it was done in a military organization.

Also, is the Amendment's use of "the people" a reference to individuals, or to the people collectively? (Elsewhere in the Constitution it is used both ways). So, to answer that question why not look at the first clause, which clearly refers to the well-regulated militia, not to any old fellow who individually wants a Glock with a 12-round clip.

The Heller decision is indefensible if you honestly subscribe to conservative constitutional interpretation. And that's even without resorting to the congressional debates surrounding the Amendment's proposal, which make abundantly clear that it was all about the militia, and nothing else.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13535 posts)
"We are a big brother big gover(n)ment society"

Fixed it for ya ncal. You're welcome. I got your back.

~Big brudder

Charles Town WV
Username hidden
(2387 posts)
I see your point.

We could debate semantics. IMO a better word would be insurgent.

Insurgent-a person who rises in forcible opposition to lawful authority, especially a person who engages in armed resistance to a government or to the execution of its laws; rebel.

Revolutionary-of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change:

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21102 posts)
"I think it is debatable that the framers were revolutionaries. "

It wasn't a subject of debate among the British. At one point, John Adams and Ben Franklin met with envoys of the British government to see if reconciliation was possible. Adams later saw intercepted correspondence referring to the meeting and confirming that, though Franklin was to be spared based on his high profile reputation among English society, Adams, along with most of the Continental Congress, were to be hanged.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1578 posts)
Speaking of "Amsterdam" I had my first visit in the early 90's. Fuckin crazy time! I wanted to buy a place there. Fun city!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6818 posts)
Uh, Ncal,

Don't look now but the Republicans control our federal government. All of it. That is in point of fact, and within the confines of the physical world, though not necessarily in the convoluted labyrinth of your mind.

You can smoke pot but can't drink a beer in your bar? Where are you, Amsterdam?

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1578 posts)
I think it is debatable that the framers were revolutionaries.

They were by and large committed to the social compact as it existed at the time. It's only the rulers they wanted replaced...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21102 posts)
America has been turned into a totalitarian state by the Democratic Party. I am forced by the goverment to enter into contract with private companies against my wishes. I can not smoke pot in a bar but i can drink a beer.

I could go on but you get the idea. We are a big brother big goverment society that allows itself to be so because so many people have sold out freedom and their country for a check from Big Brother.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3846 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ... 648  Next »
261 to 270 of 6479
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.