Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum WTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... More 
Start   251 to 260 of 4744   End
User Details are only visible to members.
And yes, I wholeheartedly intended that tone. Call me cold, cruel, whatever. Feed the need and the need grows. It's always the way.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22627 posts)
Meanwhile, the number of people who can afford corn flakes for their kids approaches 100%.

Maybe if social services knocked on a few doors to inquire to lazy ass parents about their hungry kids instead of sending me a nasty note saying my lunches are too nice we wouldn't be teaching 400 kids that if you're too fucking lazy to feed your kids breakfast that's cool - someone else will do it.

I personally knew people with nice cars and electronics and full liquor cabinets who "couldn't afford" breakfast for their kids. We are all going to have to live with generations of useless Roberts.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22627 posts)
average DAY school tuition for private school in my area without fees (which are assessed on all families) ranges from $24K to $30K.

per child. per year.

i believe the point here is that even with working multiple jobs, and making sacrifices, the cost of a private school education may *still* be beyond what some parents are able to provide. that does not mean those parents don't have the right to complain about the state of public schools.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(6789 posts)
@ rabbit- being able to "afford" a private school. It's all relevant and what is important and what is not. My cousin and his wife both work 2 jobs to send their kids to a private boarding school. Do they take vacations no. Do they eat out? No. Do they buy themselves new clothes? No. They do without a lot and a lot of things most people would never give up for anything. They make great sacrifices because they believe their kids education is the most important thing. But isn't that what life is about? making sacrifices for what you feel is important. When I was in private school one of the students fathers cleaned the school grounds 7 days a week as a second job to make sure his son could go to private school. I do commend you for homeschooling your kids instead of sending them to public school and complaining the whole time.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(547 posts)
the public school system is a small part & yet the most important one in the USA . Our county is broken & mismanaged on every level . Families now need to have two working parents just to get by , Inflation is way out of hand , children are left unsupervised while parents have to work . And yet we wonder why crime rates are so high . way too much of our tax money is sent over seas to help impoverished nations while that is what the USA is becoming . How can we continue do this ? Our own citizens are starving and there are homeless families . We need a government like Switzerland , they take care of all their citizens . They have excellent schools....low crime rates....healthcare...and even retirement housing . So yes it can be done . This may sound crazy but eventually there may be a revolution and that will be the only way to bring in a new government and start anew . Now I am in no way a radical or heavy in to politics , but just look @ history & you will see how change was made ......all the way back to Boston Tea party . Sounds scary but how else can this all be fixed ?

Woodbury NJ
Username hidden
(1035 posts)
rabbit.....private schools around here are 12000+ transportation costs and do not offer much in scholarships........my ex and I both had good jobs and couldn't do it

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(9568 posts)
VA- My kid's school gives the kids the option of taking home a snack in a brown paper bag. Usually fruit, peanut butter, crackers, juice, etc...

Kibs - I agree. I am always more than happy to feed the hungry. Tax dollars well spent indeed.

Fred - You are aware that many people cannot afford Private schools aren't you? I certainly couldn't when my kids were young. In fact, the public schools in my area were so bad, and private was (is) too expensive, so I homeschooled my kids--simple to insure they got a decent education NOT because of religion or political reasons. However, my decision is not for everyone. I had the option to work from home so had the time to make sure they learned. Someone working 2-3 jobs doesn't have that option.

In my area the school lunches are such empty calorie, cancer ridden crap that I always pack my kids their lunches AND send extra, healthy snacks along for them to share even though the school qualifies to provide free breakfast/lunch and snacks to all the kids. Before the schoolwide free lunch was available my kids would sometimes come home hungry because they gave most of their lunch away to a fellow student that had nothing to eat (proud of my kids for caring for others!).

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(2086 posts)
I can only speak for myself, but I'm not complaining. We have a good school system where i live. I think the schools feeding the kids is a good idea and my tax dollars well spent.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11052 posts)
All this complaining about public schools. Send your students to a private school where the academics and school structure are determined by the school and the students who go there. Public school is designed for the masses, not a small specific group and their needs. My parents didn't like the beliefs and academics in public school so they sent us to private school that taught their core beliefs. See simple problem solved and nothing left to comain about.

Reston VA
Username hidden
(547 posts)
Currentrider, his same philosophy is what fuels our local school district providing included breakfast and lunch. Hard to learn when you're distracted by hunger pangs. Most of the kids in our district live at or below poverty level. Our local schools are proud to be part of the IB program.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11052 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... More 
Start   251 to 260 of 4744   End
TOPIC: WTF