Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ... 685  Next »
251 to 260 of 6846
User Details are only visible to members.
VA do you think these hospitals are using "alternative / Western" therapies (acupuncture specifically) for the placebo effect? One of our local hospitals uses acupuncture in their oncology department for pain management. If I recall correctly, Wake Forest Baptist recently published an article regarding acupuncture proven benefits.....specifics escape me.

Santa Fe NM
Username hidden
(4473 posts)
James Randi set up a fantastically controlled experiment with volunteers and some balance bracelet assmunch to demonstrate that the effect is entirely placebo. Basically if the volunteer thinks they should (or should not) fall over, they do (or don't), regardless of what the object is attached to them or circumstances presented.

It doesn't make them stupid. It makes them gullible. Humans are very, very gullible.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27524 posts)
I agree with you VA. There are people that you should be able to trust.

A doctor and his wife invited us to their home to watch the Superbowl one year. It turned into a sales pitch for magnetic bracelets to counteract electronic pollution from cell phones. For proof, they showed how easily you could be put off balance when you were holding a cell phone up to your ear. Sure enough, with a cell phone in your hand it was easier to be thrown off balance. I exchanged the cell phone with a ballet slipper for some kind of control. Once again, it was harder to balance. My husband thought that I was very rude to challenge what they said when they had been such lovely hosts.

It's unfortunate when doctor's give baseless medical advice because of tradition rather than fact but heinous when it is merely for profit. I see that as theft.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(1042 posts)
But some of these are prestigious medical facilities and university hospitals. People trust them. They do not expect them to sell you pills to realign your messed up qi, using the defense that it's what customers want rather than good medicine. What utter horseshit.

I feel so alone at times like this....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27524 posts)
This country is full of charlatans and quacks.

And few are ashamed of themselves...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21476 posts)
Charlatans and quacks. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27524 posts)
They are giving the consumer what they want.

What have you got against capitalism...

;-)

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21476 posts)
This article. OMG. That this is going on and hospitals are willing to sell their souls this way to make a buck makes me fucking FURIOUS.

w ww.statnews.c om/2017/03/07/alternative-medicine-hospitals-promote/

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27524 posts)
WTF are people thinking or drinking? When you set a couples date with iteneraries, don't ask to include more couples. No, it's not okay.

~Allen

Charles Town WV
Username hidden
(2555 posts)
"No...it just seems like a total non sequitur..."

What an enchanted moment.

I do love it so when such pretty colors are used to portray one's myopia.

I'm certain that African Americans everywhere would appreciate it greatly if you'd carve out a few more brushstrokes to educate them on what else they might do to avoid idiocy.

Eloquent.

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(4893 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ... 685  Next »
251 to 260 of 6846
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.