Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum WTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... More 
Start   2281 to 2290 of 3698   End
User Details are only visible to members.
They TELL you it's cheese brine, but the truth is...

It's pee.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3978 posts)
I cannot recall where it was posted, about this topic. But this is just too funny, not to post what happened!

PERFECT, you fuckers! Pick another date for your 40 people march!

"Turns out it was more like 20 people. The "2 Million Bikers" event, on the other hand, had a much larger turnout than initially expected.

EARLIER:

An event initially billed as the "Million Muslim March" and set to be held in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday, the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, is set to fall far short of its attendance goal.

According to the Weekly Standard, a memo sent to tenants of a downtown D.C. office building in anticipation of the rally, since renamed the "Million Americans Against Fear," said to expect "somewhere in the hundreds, not thousands, of participants," according to police estimates. The participants are set to begin marching at noon.

The likely shortcoming could have been predicted. Organizers at the group American Muslim Political Action Committee (AMPAC) didn't exactly do a lot to engender sympathy for an event held on one of the most emotionally charged days of the year. The group is led by M.D. Rabbi Alam, a professed 9/11 truther who has pushed controversial anti-Semitic conspiracy theories about the attacks. AMPAC's plans outraged conservative outlets earlier this year, though many cited the religion of the organizing group, rather than the fringe beliefs behind the event.

Organizers of the Million Americans Against Fear rally have defended the timing of their event by noting that "Muslim[s] and Non Muslim[s] alike were traumatized" on Sept. 11, 2001. AMPAC has insisted that the march will be about civil rights, indefinite detention and countering inaccurate depictions of Islam and Muslims. It also appears, however, that trutherism will still play a significant role; the DC Area 9/11 Truth Movement and Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth Movement are currently listed as partners.

The controversy has since sparked a counter-demonstration called "2 Million Bikers." A similarly ambitious title, the event is expected to bring upwards of 3,000 bikers into the nation's capital, where they'll motor through the city in protest of the event formerly known as the Million Muslim March. Over the weekend, the organizers of that event were denied a no-stop permit, which would have allowed them to ride through D.C. without having to obey traffic signals. The group will still be allowed to hold the event in D.C., it's now just more likely that the gridlock on the city's streets will be more frustrating than it normally is."

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17257 posts)
Well I hope the brine isn't from Swiss cheese, that would leave a lot of patchy ice making it dangerous to drive in :-D

Shamokin PA
Username hidden
(1123 posts)
I just wonder if our streets and slush will be golden and smelling of cheese this winter!

JW if it will attract rats and mice...

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2145 posts)
I would have thought that would be a valuable material for manufacturing Cheetos.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
I should have attached this picture to my last post here...

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9277 posts)
Not so much a WTF but a curiosity - I just heard on a Milwaukee t.v. station that the city will be using cheese brine to aid in melting snow and ice on the roads this winter. It already has a lot of salt in it and is discarded normally anyway, so it will be repurposed. I just wonder if our streets and slush will be golden and smelling of cheese this winter!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9277 posts)
WTF SA? with the proper paperwork, Federal law currently allows an individual to own a full auto weapon (machine gun).

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3978 posts)
I don't follow the constitutional gun question too closely but I believe the federal authority is argued under the commerce clause (federal government's right to regulate interstate commerce in Article I). I seem to recall a state arguing that the Tenth Amendment (powers not reserved to the government or prohibited to the states are left to the states or the people) would allow them to do essentially whatever the hell they want as long as guns are made within, sold within, and not transported out of, their state.

The Marijuana prohibition is rooted in the supremacy clause (Article VI) which specifically gives the federal government the authority to enforce treaty obligations. That gives the constitutional authority for federal law to trump state law.

Very interesting to me that the DOJ just abandoned that viewpoint (and presumably enforcement of US drug treaty obligations) when it decided to devolve power to legalize and regulate marijuana, to the states. This week a Senate committee was considering allowing banks to accept money from marijuana businesses duly licensed by Colorado and the great State of Washington (Go Huskies!). The state has been concerned that without bank accounts, it will be very difficult to track the involvement of organized crime in the new industry. The Washington State Department of Revenue already accepts payment of business taxes in cash from marijuana businesses which, in the case of medical marijuana, have been around for a while. The State Liquor Control Board was not too "stoked" about accepting the much larger coming excise tax payments in cash. The DOJ just this week gave banks immunity from prosecution for racketeering if they deal with duly state licensed marijuana businesses. It's amazing how fast marijuana prohibition is crumbling.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(132 posts)
"The Supremacy Clause gives preference to federal laws over state laws."

Only if the Federal law is constitutional.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20532 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ... More 
Start   2281 to 2290 of 3698   End
TOPIC: WTF