WTF : Swingers Discussion 21277610212
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... More 
Start   212 to 221 of 3467   End
User Details are only visible to members.
WTF are you doing in the lifestyle BLT? Lol

Irving TX
Username hidden
(261 posts)
There is a movie titled "Why Did I Get Married." The movie was weak but the title is awesome. I find it amazing that married men, perhaps women too, troll the Internet early in the morning til the wee hours looking for sex or whatever with their SO lying right next to them. WTF is that about when you have the person you so-call love right next to you.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(3304 posts)
I remember when Payne Stewart's private jet crashed under the same circumstances about 15 years ago. It made the news while the jet was still in the air.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(8569 posts)
I wouldn't want to go like that. Plus could you imagine the family hearing about this while it was happening.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2632 posts)
There was a news report several months ago where they talked to a retired American Airline pilot and he said that on a 7 hour flight from Chicago to London that the aircraft was flown by the pilots less then one hour total. We have a pilot for Delta that lives in our condo and when I asked him about the report he just smiled and nodded his head while saying he heard something like that. On our last 7 hour flight from Dallas to Honolulu a first class seat was set aside for the pilots to rest in, so if one pilot can fly a 767 while the other one sleeps, then a auto pilot should have no trouble flying a single engine plane.

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(105 posts)
"will autopilot really just fly a plane indefinitely until its fuel runs out?"

That's exactly what they will do, assuming the AP was set to maintain level flight. They will maintain both course heading and altitude. They also will ascend or descend the aircraft according to what you plug in. Pilots who fly instrument-equipped aircraft only spend a couple of minutes of an entire flight piloting manually, on take-off and approach/landing.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
Update: The plane just now crashed into the sea just off the north coast of Jamaica. I expect there will be no survivors - if there was even anyone on board who could have survived.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19822 posts)
[This is happening right now - will autopilot really just fly a plane indefinitely until its fuel runs out?]

An unresponsive turboprop plane over the Atlantic Ocean has cleared Cuban airspace, officials said, but the F-15s that were following it have returned to their base for refueling.

Two F-15s following the aircraft, which left New York this morning bound for Florida, had temporarily broken off their pursuit when the flight entered Cuban airspace, a NORAD spokeswoman said today.

The F-15s were initially supposed to fly around Cuba’s eastern end and wait in international airspace to pick up the trail, officials said. But the planes have now returned to base to refuel and it was unclear whether they will pick up the trail again, NORAD said.

The single-engine plane was flying from Rochester, New York, to Naples, Florida, officials said. “The plane’s occupants did not respond to attempts to communicate," the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) said this morning.

U.S. and Cuban aviation authorities were communicating in an effort to assure a smooth transition, NORAD Capt. Jennifer Stadnyk said. Cuba said it was tracking the plane on radar.

There are other passengers aboard, and the fog on the aircraft’s windows suggests all aboard are unconscious, NORAD said. It's unclear how much fuel is on board.

The aircraft was flying at an altitude of 25,000 feet and has not been responding to radio calls since 10 am ET, according to a statement from the Federal Aviation Administration.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19822 posts)
I totally get ya. I find it odd that so many otherwise sensible news organizations would run with something in PopSci as a story and taking no effort to vet it.

I have a lot of crow to eat if this turns out to be for real... it would at least have been nice for the reporters to check with a couple of independent sources.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19822 posts)
Yahoo finance is normally pretty reliable, and this story had Reuters as a reference source. But my intuition was that something about it might be fishy, hence my vetting disclaimer.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ... More 
Start   212 to 221 of 3467   End
TOPIC: WTF