Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 736  Next »
21 to 30 of 7359
User Details are only visible to members.
I stand corrected. It turns out "Dotard" is an actual word meaning "An old person, especially one who has become weak or senile"

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2277 posts)
Donald Trump in his speech to the UN, apart from threatening to "utterly destroy" North Korea, took time out to praise the health care system of "Nambia", an African republic which exists only in the landscape of Trumps brain, apparently somewhere between, Gambia, Namibia, and Narnia. Kim Jong Un meanwhile responded to Trumps speech by calling his American colleague a "Dotard". No one seems to have any idea what that is.

These two were made for each other.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2277 posts)
agreed re: the blind acceptance of having our private information gathered, compiled, commoditized and set for sale to all sorts of companies for all sorts of reasons.

this breach may have just been the wake up call that a lot of people needed. or, just as likely, most people will ignore it with the "ehhhhh, that's about *other* people" complacency too prevalent in the world today. i don't get why a lot more people aren't outraged.

i've had my credit report frozen at all of the major reporting agencies for about 5 years.

aside from that, calling and placing a "fraud alert" on your credit file with all three agencies and requiring the agency to contact you only at a specific telephone number, and setting up a very hard to guess password/PIN is also a good precaution.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17764 posts)
NJ,

It's an unfortunate state of affairs. My grim take is that, while Republican lawmakers sell our privacy out happily and openly, most Democrats go along in the shadows whoring for money from the same interests. Given that an entire generation has grown up thinking that having their private information commoditized is a normal situation, It will take a herculean effort to change it. I really don't see that happening since, with the exception of a few people like Elizabeth Warren, the issue doesn't even seem to be a priority for national politicians.

If anyone reading this hasn't already gone to the Equifax website set up specifically for checking whether your data was compromised, I would do so immediately. Mine was. They offer a free year of credit monitoring to those that turn up affected. The whole process took about six minutes. Experts vary in their advice about what you should do if you're affected. Paid credit monitoring is not cheap ($120-$300/year). The free credit monitoring, though temporary, is kind of a no brainer. Freezing your credit reports with all three agencies could work. Free monitoring of your own credit reports monthly would work for people who are disciplined at doing things like that. Doing nothing is universally considered a bad idea by those in the know.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2277 posts)
I just approved a picture of a woman giving a blow job.

She was holding a stethoscope against his shaft, but the earpieces were not in her ears...

Is this something kind of new technique I don't know about?

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22837 posts)
...in the wake of the recent news of the humongous breach of equifax's data (more than half the public in the usa who have and use any credit, as well as a couple other countries' citizens)....reports come out that, mere hours before the major breach (discovered in july) was broken and then reported, there was testimony at a congressional hearing last week to **further loosen** "consumer" protection rules governing the three major credit reporting bureaus.

(as if we actually pay the bureaus to compile, use, and sell our personal data--not!!!!)

the testimony asserts that loosening the protections offered by capping the industry's exposure to class action lawsuits "would provide economic stability"

for whom?

wtf.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17764 posts)
to be fair KJ, i have known plenty of women (actually when i was younger and actively dating/going out on girls nights with a bunch of other women in my age group)....who used the ghosting/poof thing. plus giving out fake numbers galore. while i wouldn't say it was weighted equally, there were enough women doing the "poof" thing that it wasn't all or even mostly men. it's just now with the advent of online everything that "poof"-ing has become what....the new buzzword? it is what it is...meh. people will be people....rude at times.

my WTF of the moment---all the corporations/companies soliciting "donations" to help irma and harvey victims. cashiers everywhere i paid for anything the last week or so. e mails from companies completely disconnected (airline rewards e mail: earn miles for your generosity!)

maybe i am just too jaded/skeptical. i ain't giving anyone my money ***except*** directly to salvation army or red cross.

i feel like all those other companies are going to "skim" fees/percentages off of any donations they receive.

best way to ensure the funds do the most good, IMO: donate to the charities you know are on the ground and use the highest cents out of every dollar to actually help those who most need it.

stepping off soap box. the e mail from the mileage rewards club just kinda put me over the top today.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(17764 posts)
WTF - off and on all morning the Today Show hosts have been talking about dating & ghosting. So what, now that both genders do it there is a cool name for it. Haven't guys (some not all) been using this technique forever? He's just not that into you, and apparently neither is she !

Tampa FL
Username hidden
(4940 posts)
@Current: GEEZ! What a horrible, awful way to die!!! But then I guess when you're a Moron it sorta makes sense? And he truly lived the spirit of Burning Man in its most literal interpretation.

Annie

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(3992 posts)
A 41 year old man was killed when he ran into the giant fire at the end of the Burning Man festival after successfully dodging a number of "rangers" attempting to tackle him. The man was pulled out of the fire by staff in fire resistant gear and flown to a burn center in California where he died.

It's not clear at this time whether the man was merely a Moron who tripped while evading the rangers or was a suicidal narcissistic Moron attempting to kill himself.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2277 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 736  Next »
21 to 30 of 7359
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.