Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum WTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... More 
Start   191 to 200 of 4054   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well, in this case the guy was never married to her, he never had a relationship or knew the child existed, isn't the father, and is for some reason liable for welfare fraud that the mother committed without his knowledge.

The only thing he did wrong in this case was fuck a horrible person in 1986 or so. Hopefully none of the women I've fucked are so horrible or will come after me. Mind you, almost none of them know my last name....

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(21577 posts)
that is really fucked up. maybe they need to go on maury or jerry springer show

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2253 posts)
The fatherhood statutes are strange. In California if you are married you are presumed to be the father, even if you find out later you are not. You are still liable for child support in this case.

As for welfare, charging father's for the cost is a scam. Not that they shouldn't pay, but hold the mother equally responsible. Or if the dad is not on welfare and the mom is, give the kids to dad since can support them.

My son is in this situation. His ex kicked him out of the house and promptly went on welfare. Now he owes tens of thousands of dollars that the state paid her, plus interest. He will never pay off the debt...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(17878 posts)
@ VA: i am glad to hear an atty took his case pro bono.

be interesting to see how it works out.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(4236 posts)
Remember this story? Guy was back in court Friday. Follow up at the end.

This is one of the most fucked up stories I've ever heard. I wonder if there is a charitable site to get this poor guy a lawyer or something?

In 1987, Carnell Alexander of Detroit, MI, and his girlfriend broke up. She ended up pregnant (by another man) and delivered a baby. She was struggling and didn't (at the time) know who the father was. She applied for state benefits for her and her child but was told she needed to name a father. So, she named Carnell Alexander.

A paternity suit was filed against him and a summons delivered to his last known address (his father's house). He wasn't there to receive the summons, because he was actually in jail for something relatively minor he had done when he was younger. The court made a judgement against him (apparently unaware that he couldn't attend due to already being in jail) and began ordering him to pay child support.

In 1993 he was pulled over for a traffic violation and a warrant for his arrest for nonpayment of child support came up. He was completely unaware of this situation. He went through quite an ordeal to track down the woman and eventually won a court-ordered DNA test, which proved he was not the father.

The state then went after her - and HIM - for fraudulent benefits paid to her and her child in the amount of $60,000. For reasons that only an omniscient being would know, the courts forgave her $30,000 share but refused to let go of his, and slapped a $30,000 order against him to repay benefits to the state of Michigan.

As of 2014 the state continues to garnish his meager minimum wage earnings to collect their $30,000 (plus over 20 years of interest) from him for fraud he had no part in for a child he didn't know existed and didn't father. His August application to the courts to plea to relieve him of his obligation was again denied, and he was admonished by the judge for "wasting the court's time".

Attorney Cherika Harris saw his case when it got attention last fall and took him on pro bono. Facing a new warrant for his arrest, he turned himself in last Friday. The judge released him and delayed his hearing for a month to give his attorney time to prepare a defense.

That this case continues blows my mind.....

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(21577 posts)
A glimpse into some of what I do in my work. I didn't have anything to do with this case so I can post on it.

BOSTON (CBS) — A Framingham pharmacy linked to a deadly nationwide meningitis outbreak used dozens of fake names like “Bud Weiser,” “Jennifer Lopez” and “Filet O’fish” on prescriptions to defraud the federal government and avoid regulations, officials allege.

Fourteen people who worked at the New England Compounding Center were charged for their alleged role in the outbreak on Wednesday. Tainted steroids manufactured by the pharmacy were blamed for a 2012 outbreak that killed 64 people, and sickened hundreds more.

“Harry Potter,” “Baby Jesus” and “Chester Cheeto” were just some of the fake names used, according to investigators.

“All names must resemble ‘real’ names… no obviously false names!” an email from co-founder Barry Cadden in May 2012 reads, according to the indictment.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(21577 posts)
Va, now that we're a "we", we get those strange invitations too. Though, when in full-speed SM mode, I can also say that I received a number of invitations to groups that were a distance from NOLA. Casting a wide net/shotgun approach. Not unlike the SM email blasts that draw many folks' ire.

Current, yes, guns, dogs, and high fences. Now, where have we seen THAT combo before??? Interesting, huh?

Mr. LT

Username hidden
(488 posts)
Some people just invite every profile they can find to their groups, irrespective of distance. We get those too from across the country.

While I normally just ignore them, one invited over and over for months. They were in Illinois or something - and I wrote asking why they were inviting us over and over. They said "sorry - didn't realize we were repeating". How about why did you invite in the first place??

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(21577 posts)
@NJ

We were invited to join a group from FL. Automatic delete as there is no way we can make it over there for parties.

Mrs. Tandg480

Mesa AZ
Username hidden
(15 posts)
how odd...i was just invited to join a "club" on the site...in california!

ehm....gee, that's wayyyyy long distance!

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(4236 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... More 
Start   191 to 200 of 4054   End
TOPIC: WTF