WTF : Swingers Discussion 21277610191
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... More 
Start   191 to 200 of 3221   End
User Details are only visible to members.
rde2play: I am laughing so hard at your post! I just had to interject about the kissing after reading all the posts of those over the weekend who just have to kiss or it's a deal breaker....LOL...I am REALLY not big on kissing strangers but didn't comment because I figured someone would say, "OMG another thing this bitch refuses to do...LOL...why bother....LMAO! I don't care. As far as moving farther away from GA, it doesn't even matter. You may escape Ebola but trust me there will always be something else.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2983 posts)
BLT: in Contagion the disease was a flu virus. For Ebola, there is some conflicting information out there, because while the virus is "not known to be airborne", it has been shown to be spreadable via droplets, suggesting that sneezing is a possible transmission route in addition to saliva. However, apparently, except for the aforementioned "survivor semen" route, only symptomatic patients are contagious, and who would be crazy enough to kiss someone showing obvious symptoms of a hemorrhagic fever?

I'm definitely no expert, and I think the risk is low, but I would rather not have that virus on this side of the Atlantic.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19166 posts)
BLT, that's a personal preference you need to decide on your own. Since you are closer to Atlanta then I am and if you believe the media frenzy about what's going to happen then I would consider moving further away then Florida and FAR away from the hospital the 2 Americans are isolated in in Atlanta. BTW, there are 3 other units in the country that can handle Ebola patients.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1208 posts)
So should all the LS participants who can't get in or stay in the moment without all the lip locking kissing beware?

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2983 posts)
Male survivors of Ebola can transmit it sexually after they recover. I'm not sure if it is true but I did find that on Google and everyone knows thats always the straight truth.

60-90% fatal and a particularly horrifying way to die. Could you imagine facing that diagnosis?

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2120 posts)
BLT, Everything I have heard says that Ebola is not passed through the air. Touching and exchanging bodily fluids is the only way it can be spread. That is why you see the people transporting the 2 Americans in Special Hazmat suits. The Emory Univ. is 1 of 4 places in the US that are geared to handle these patients and the CDC is only 4 blocks away. The serum that has been developed was highly secret and it's a 3 injection process. Both patients have shown improvement since receiving the serum. Those that work in this isolation area are far away from regular patients or workers of the Univ. Hospital.

I have no problem bringing these people here for treatment because first off they are Americans and the charities they work for are doing a job and have a mission to help others sufferings. Just because it's in Africa doesn't mean that we are discriminating. If the serum works and can be mass produced and cures it, it happens here in America. And, no matter what you feel about todays society and what America stands for, you'll never find another country on this planet that could surpass who we are as Americans and what we can do to help others.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1208 posts)
VA: If I recall, in the movie Contagion, the disease was airborne. Ebola supposedly not. From what I've heard, it's transmitted via body fluids...the word semen screams out at me as that's the last part I heard this morning. That would include saliva as well.....No?

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2983 posts)
Have you seen the movie "Contagion"? Great movie. I always liked Lawrence Fishburne. Had some good explanations of transmission concepts like "R naught" (the best I can transliterate it in here).

Also a good predictor of how much people behave like animals when they are scared or desperate.

Land O Lakes FL
Username hidden
(19166 posts)
Definitely scary stuff. Remember modeling, as part of graduate school,the spread of disease via modern transport networks. Take a person with a fairly communicable disease transmitted via human-to-human contact, and it was frightening to say the least. The reason we never really hear about such outbreaks is that the Ebola Virus normally tends to breaks out in areas with low population density to keep it live and flowing. The line from the book I remember the most was something like "Ebola needs meat". In this country? I don't even want to think about it.

Washington DC
Username hidden
(674 posts)
Agreed VA. I also think it's bullshit to call them heroes for trying out the new medicine. I've heard different rates for fatalities - up to 90%, so trying something that has a chance for poor side effects doesn't sound that bad.

They are heroes because they risked themselves to help others. With a disease so often fatal it seems reasonable to take a chance with a cure, but why were the first people treated white Americans? Are their lives more valuable and worth saving? Perhaps they fact that they were willing to travel halfway across the world to help people and expose themselves truly does make them more valuable than the average Joe. They are braver than I am.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(243 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... More 
Start   191 to 200 of 3221   End
TOPIC: WTF