Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ... 732  Next »
191 to 200 of 7319
User Details are only visible to members.
I remember when I was in 1st grade, I gotta a paint by color coloring book. I was kinda disappointed that I didn't get to pick the colors, but whatever.

So one Saturday morning I got up super early and carefully colored in each and every page. Then I carefully removed them from the book and went door to door selling them for 25¢ Lmfao! But really, only a small kid could get away with that. Well, until now. I spent most of the day with a sugar high and a pissed off mom because I didn't tell her where I was going! She totally would have nixed that idea.

Considering the cost of pencils and crayons, I'd be shocked if they broke even. Sounds like they just needed a way to pay for their coloring book obsession. 30 minutes is beyond generous, especially with crayons.

Harrisburg PA
Username hidden
(283 posts)
Well, here's the cold hard fact.

Any product - coloring books, your time, whatever - is worth exactly what anyone's willing to pay for it. If someone will pay you $40 for a pre-colored picture that you made, well, who am I to say that's wrong? I wouldn't do it, but obviously someone does.

Now, as for that Powell's book....

It's not clear to me how big it is, but let's suppose it's 100 pages.

How long would it take you to (carefully) color 100 pages? Maybe 30 minutes a piece? If they are of a similar complexity to the cover I'd say even that's ambitious.

So that's 50 hours work. Are these being colored in Congo or something? This is what makes me think that this is not what the Dear Abby writers were doing - I can't see how they could possibly make a living doing this.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28572 posts)
"Too bad Robert's not around... he might finally have found a business he could... oh never mind"

I always hoped he would start a chocolate Easter bunny business, crush his employees under low wages and hard labor, and become rich beyond the dreams of avarice.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(14038 posts)
"This is insulting. I am not paying money.."

Why is it insulting to them? I think sometimes people wish they thought of it first. I guess they won't be buying any used panties either.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8702 posts)
1* rating comment... "This is insulting. I am not paying money for something someone else scribbled in. I could sooner stop by an elementary school playground and have it done for free. You’ve sunk too low, Powell’s"

Ok, I understand getting some 'started', especially with the bigger parts and color scheme ideas because let's face it, most people aren't good with colors. The whole thing, though? I read that dear Abby as well and had a Wtf thought, too.

Harrisburg PA
Username hidden
(283 posts)
I don't *think* that's what they are doing. I actually found that one in my googling but decided that wasn't it, exactly. I'm imagining that they are doing individual pictures and selling them.

But what do I know...

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28572 posts)
www powells com/precolored-coloring-books

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8702 posts)
Yesterdays' Dear Abby includes a letter which begins like this...

"My husband and I own a coloring business. We color unicorns and rainbows and other pictures. They are beautiful and sell well." Later they specifically refer to coloring books and crayons.

Perhaps I'm the one in need of an education here... people color children's coloring books and other people buy the colored pictures?

I tried googling to find an example to get some idea of a product/price combination, but have been unable to. Anyone know?

Too bad Robert's not around... he might finally have found a business he could... oh never mind.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28572 posts)
Eight Yale University graduate students, claiming "union" status, demonstrated in front of the Yale president's home in April demanding better benefits (beyond the annual free tuition, $30,000 stipends, and free health care). Some of the students characterized their action as an "indefinite fast" while others called it a "hunger strike." However, a pamphlet associated with the unionizing made it clear that strikers could go eat any time they got hungry.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28572 posts)
Jordan Haskins, 26, was sentenced to probation and sex counseling in May after pleading guilty to eight charges arising from two auto accidents in Saginaw, Mich. Prosecutors said Haskins described "cranking," in which he would remove a vehicle's spark-plug wires to make it "run rough," which supposedly improves his chances for a self-service happy ending.

Haskins's lawyer added, "[Cranking] is something I don't think we understand as attorneys."

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28572 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ... 732  Next »
191 to 200 of 7319
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.