Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum WTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... More 
Start   181 to 190 of 4038   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Va, now that we're a "we", we get those strange invitations too. Though, when in full-speed SM mode, I can also say that I received a number of invitations to groups that were a distance from NOLA. Casting a wide net/shotgun approach. Not unlike the SM email blasts that draw many folks' ire.

Current, yes, guns, dogs, and high fences. Now, where have we seen THAT combo before??? Interesting, huh?

Mr. LT

Username hidden
(488 posts)
Some people just invite every profile they can find to their groups, irrespective of distance. We get those too from across the country.

While I normally just ignore them, one invited over and over for months. They were in Illinois or something - and I wrote asking why they were inviting us over and over. They said "sorry - didn't realize we were repeating". How about why did you invite in the first place??

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(21498 posts)
@NJ

We were invited to join a group from FL. Automatic delete as there is no way we can make it over there for parties.

Mrs. Tandg480

Mesa AZ
Username hidden
(15 posts)
how odd...i was just invited to join a "club" on the site...in california!

ehm....gee, that's wayyyyy long distance!

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(4176 posts)
@ LT

"Guns and dogs. The 1% American dream."

I can't disagree with your post but my dog would like you to know that guns are part of her American dreams. She's still bummed that hunting season ended last weekend...

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(243 posts)
You described it perfectly. I still have a number of friends living and working in that area. Most are in gated communities and most are only on the upside of six figures because of dual income.

We have that same situation in the greater NOLA area, but almost exclusively across the lake.

Username hidden
(488 posts)
Shaq and Ken Griffey are still here. Tiger moved to South Florida a few years back, but the incident with his wife happened here.

It's also odd in that practically every nice neighborhood is gated. There are lots of houses sub-$300k in gated communities, and there are even gated trailer parks.

I love it here. I know some have issues with it - most of my family and ALL of Mrs. VA's family will crap their pants if we buy a house in a gated community among a flurry of accusations of elitism, but I'm telling you probably 50% of people in the Orlando suburbs live in gated communities, and they (mostly) ain't rich. The neighborhood George Zimmerman shot Trayvon Martin in was widely (and accurately) reported as a gated community, so everyone assumed it was some kind of mega-rich community. In fact it's 1,400 sq ft townhomes which sell for around $120,000. Not quite what people think of in a "gated community".

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(21498 posts)
Va, I had a friend who lived in one of those $600k houses behind a gate in Windemere. Just down the block, another friend bought a slightly larger house a year later at close to $1M, but he was a bit higher up the food chain in the same company. When the market tanked, friend 1 moved back to LV and got out with a $100k loss. Friend 2 defaulted on his exotic, interest-only loan.

Shaquille and Tiger aren't too far from there, or at least they weren't a few years ago. Big money homes. High gates and fences. Guns and dogs. The 1% American Dream...

Username hidden
(488 posts)
Well I ain't buying those but some of the neighborhoods do have houses in that range. There are houses worth $600k right near that $100 million beast.

This is different than what I am used to. Everywhere else I've lived, houses tended to be of comparable square footage etc in a neighborhood. For example, ours in Virginia Beach was houses in the $320-$390 range. Others might be "two-something" or $600-$800k neighborhoods, etc.

Many here will range from $400k to $10 million, all in the immediate neighborhood. Your house could be a $600k house and your neighbor's $4 million. This has made house shopping....interesting.....

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(21498 posts)
There are some expensive Mega homes close to the waters of Fl. Check out Jeter's, Woods, Trumps and a host of others. They are nice, but I couldn't afford to buy the sofa in their living rooms. Enjoy your search.

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1729 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... More 
Start   181 to 190 of 4038   End
TOPIC: WTF