Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ... 576  Next »
181 to 190 of 5752
User Details are only visible to members.
I've seen that, too.

You find all kinds of people in the homeless population, from people who just got a bad break to stark raving lunatics.

In my experience working with homeless people for years, the majority of them have some sort of mental, let's say, issue that prevents them from functioning in regular society.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19622 posts)
Ok, so no longer talking about this guy, but about homeless in general....

Some people will not eat from shelters or soup kitchens. There are a multitude of reasons for why..

Some refuse to go because "those place have rules". Seriously. Some people will really not eat free food from a charity, church or soup kitchen because they refuse to abide by their rules. No matter HOW minor they are.

I know this blows a lot of people's mind but - honest to God - some people would rather sleep on the street or eat out of trash cans than follow ANY rules. Even rules like "don't throw food" or "you can't shoot up while you're eating". Or even the PERCEPTION of rules or structure of any kind.

While there are many reasons for homelessness, one of them is that some people absolutely positively under all circumstances refuse to follow rules or take any degree of responsibility for anything whatsoever. If you mailed them a bill that said they had to pay FIVE CENTS or be thrown out, they would ignore it. Because paying it would be letting someone else tell you what to do.

I know some won't believe that. I have seen it with my own eyes. This is not mental illness per se, it's oppositional defiant syndrome, and it's an untreatable personality defect.

Also - bear in mind.... some people are simply assholes.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25012 posts)
Current - I was thinking of the exact same "punishment". Make him have to serve community service while putting him near the food he needs. Point made that stealing is not the answer nor permissible while providing support for the food banks and/or soup kitchens.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3758 posts)
Scamp,

I think the question is what should the punishment be? A 100 Euro fine is pointless. If he had ten Euros he wouldn't have been stealing food. How about community service working in a food bank? After he puts his time in I'm sure he won't go home hungry.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1064 posts)
Should society find a way to feed the hungry? Absolutely.

Should it be legal to take whatever you need? Of course not. What's next, you can't afford a car but you found a new job so you take your neighbors car? "Well your honor, I NEEDED a car to get to work" Not guilty!

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3758 posts)
What Shesmooth said.

But very educational. I thought farmers left the grain at the edge of the fields to support the pheasant population. Turns out it was peasants.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1064 posts)
I can't believe he went all "Leviticus" up in here.

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(7872 posts)
More then likely FUCKED OVER

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(6987 posts)
When giving speeches to scientists, one would use logistical remediation over crayons, however, should the roles reverse, crayons work wonders.

Charles Town WV
Username hidden
(1840 posts)
I don't think there are reading comprehension or logical analysis problems.

"What we have here is a failure to communicate..."

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19622 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ... 576  Next »
181 to 190 of 5752
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.