Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum WTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   171 to 180 of 4652   End
User Details are only visible to members.
BLT, well said and on the mark!

Greenville RI
Username hidden
(118 posts)
For once lately, we totally agree BLT. : )

Irving TX
Username hidden
(405 posts)
@DD: I hate to come off as combative but that "level the playing" field is a term that is total BS. People come from different backgrounds and they are a product of not only their home environment but life experiences. A child who has the opportunity to travel or who lives in an area where the schools are better due to the tax dollars in that area does have an advantage over a child who lives in a more impoverished area or perhaps their parents are not as well educated but if that child, in many cases, has an opportunity to be mentored or travel outside their normal environment, they may be able to achieve great things. Also, IMO, that level the playing field is code for relaxing requirements to infer that the person wasn't qualified but got into a school or whatever not based on the merits. That is what tarnished Affirmative Action and not just for people of color but in general.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5100 posts)
Oh yes, I know the goal to level the playing field intimately. I went back to school to study Early Childhood Education when my youngest started kindergarten. My pre-school lesson plans were rejected because they were too academic. We were to build communication skills but children were taught to recognize their symbol rather than learning their name or initial because not all children that age were successful and we were not to undermine their confidence. They also encourages us to campaign for universal education from birth because low income families as a whole didn't do a good job of educating their children and those children started school at a severe disadvantage.

It always kind of freaked me out because they practically talked about taking children away from poorly educated parents. Ironically, I qualified as one of those parents because I didn't graduate from high school because of illness. My children loved school and were excellent readers before kindergarten because I read to them, especially alphabet books. It's too bad that I couldn't do the same with the students in the University preschool.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(405 posts)
dood. you're very old. maybe you just misplaced it.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(6122 posts)
"I was just being a dick."

Bitch stole my line.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(11742 posts)
"True story."

Bitch stole my line.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(11742 posts)
I heard that story yesterday about reading to kids. That is another example of these so-called academics over reaching and trying to influence foolish parents who go along with that crap. My daughter-in-law began reading to my grandchildren in the womb and still reads with the younger ones today. As far the lunch is concerned, I heard yesterday too, and I hope I am not stating it wrong that a college in Florida is going to have or has a "food pantry for the students and staff." What is that about.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5100 posts)
I know. I felt like being serious about it.

HT: I thought they were coming today. Turns out it's tomorrow!

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22154 posts)
lol. I was just being a dick.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(6122 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... More 
Start   171 to 180 of 4652   End
TOPIC: WTF