10% of all proceeds from purchased memberships will be donated to the victims and families of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas tragedy.

Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ... 758  Next »
121 to 130 of 7574
User Details are only visible to members.
Frequencies on SPSS always run fairly quickly. But it is just counting cases.

Try propensity score matching with 10 predictors through the R plugin.

10,000 cases would take hours.

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(23317 posts)
And you get a Win7 computer with the latest hardware/processor by buying the computer, wiping the drive with the shitty later versions of Windows, and installing an OEM version of Win7 on it yourself. Or just build it from scratch with the specific processor/RAM/mobo/drive/OS that you want.

See? I have no willpower.

Waxahachie TX
Username hidden
(1298 posts)
Oh, I wasn't apologizing for the wookie. I was apologizing for not just ignoring him.

But I have a curious affinity for retards. Bane of my existence.

Waxahachie TX
Username hidden
(1298 posts)
The faster he's done with his computer shit, the faster he can get back to "spear fishing" and all the other shit he does away from the computer. He "doesn't have a smart phone" so he won't be bitching here. Win-Win!

Harrisburg PA
Username hidden
(581 posts)
Don’t apologize for Ncal, if he can’t figure it out, HP will say he can go parse himself.

Charles Town WV
Username hidden
(3350 posts)
Apologies, everyone.

HP has a lot to answer for with their products (do they ever!), but the fact that they didn't read the sasquatch's mind and miracle him a printer that he can smear with handwavium to interface with his IBM Buggywhip model computer isn't one of them.

Waxahachie TX
Username hidden
(1298 posts)
Boy did we just geek out in this thread! but it did bring things around full circle...my response to the last few highly technical "computer nerd" posts had me saying "WTF?!"

Buckeye AZ
Username hidden
(92 posts)
FWIW: Even faster than previously thought. Too bad they don’t incorporate Nvidia’s Cuda processing. An excerpt:

“A bunch of Statistics procedures, including FREQUENCIES and SORT, have been multithreaded, since they are generally i/o bound, but processing is ultimately limited by the i/o or disk speed of your system. If they file is very wide, since all the variables have to be read when the data are passed, this can slow things down. I ran a test calculating frequencies on two variables with 10,000,000 cases and Statistics 22 on Win7, 64-bit, and it completed in 7 seconds on my i7 laptop. There were 3 variables in the dataset. Then I repeated the experiment calculating two frequencies with 10,000,000 cases and 101 variables. Even that completed in 12 seconds. It used 4 processors, but none more than 50%. If your data are on a remote device or on the initial pull from a database, performance will be slower. You may want to consider the CACHE command in that case. Transformations that are piggy-backed on a procedure data pass will, of course, also slow things down.”

Charles Town WV
Username hidden
(3350 posts)
"But you might want to tell him that ..."

There's no value in telling him anything. Presentation of evidence to someone unable or unwilling to consider it is pointless.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(29232 posts)
Fuck.

I hate to get sucked into nutcals shit.

But you might want to tell him that there are over 2,000 new or refurbished Win 7 machines on Amazon right now. Over 200 with I7 processors. And over 100 with I7 quad core processors...

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(23317 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  ... 758  Next »
121 to 130 of 7574
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.