Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ... 610  Next »
111 to 120 of 6094
User Details are only visible to members.
If you dont view the ashes you get shot...gotta love Cuba

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(2481 posts)
It's actually worse.

They are sending his ashes on a 5-day trek across the island, retracing in reverse his March to Havana in 1959...

I have my mother in laws ashes at my house.

Trust me, they could shovel the remains from his fireplace and no one would know the difference...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(20593 posts)
Did I hear this correctly?

On my drive to work this morning, the news reader said they are going to put Castro's ashes on display...

Huh???

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(20593 posts)
H&K - Like Scamp, I can't know for sure what the deal was with the couple. Maybe they had legitimate concerns, maybe they were fakes/flakes.

However, as I said in that email exchange we shared, more pics can only help you. Having just one face pic in your gallery to share during emails proves nothing. That pic can be of anyone.

If "gumbies" email us it's an automatic "not interested". Your profile pics need not identify you. You can fuzz out the face or crop the pic BUT you should have a few pics (not all selfies) to help show that you are real and confident.

You should also have several face and body shots (clothed is fine) in a private gallery to open for interested parties. And they should open theirs to you.

We had an SM (in another state from us) contact me while I was away on a trip and available for SF play. He had great certs (including one from a member of this forum if I remember correctly) and some body shots but no face shots. When we were texting I asked him to take a selfie and send it to me so I could see what he looked like. He replied he wasn't a "picture person" then proceeded to ask me to come straight to his house instead of meeting at a restaurant or bar.

My answer was "No". He couldn't understand what my issue was.

Was he real? Probably. He had enough certs but that wasn't enough for me to be comfortable and he wasn't willing to do anything to help get me into the comfort zone.

He blew it and probably still can't understand why. Sometimes what seems like a little thing to one party is a HUGE thing to the other and you may never fully understand what that thing was. See what I'm saying?

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4618 posts)
Not sure how the communication went but if you were asking to see more pics or using more sexual innuendos as the conversation went on, some may consider that a red flag. They may have felt you were a pic collector or just getting your jollies from the fantasy of meeting and that you weren't really interested in meeting.

Just a shot in the dark but something to consider in future correspondence.

And yeah, getting a cert or two might help.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4618 posts)
Humble_and_Kind, without knowing the specifics of your conversations, I couldn't offer an opinion about whether or not your *vibes* are a problem.

However, the reaction you just described sounds as though the problem was on the other end and not you. There are many things that you can do to improve your chances while managing the obvious hurtles that SMs face, but I won't bore anyone with my thoughts on that here.

@onegoodguy: I agree with you that smooth's suggestion is a good one; however, I will comment that it is most likely Mr Smooth making it. Ms Smooth very rarely posts, and she will almost always sign the post if/when she does.

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(3008 posts)
Humble, as a SM to another SM just get used to it. Shit happens. We're a dime a dozen here. I'm gathering the post from shesmooth must be the female half and that is some good advise. I think I need to take her words of advise myself.

Long Neck DE
Username hidden
(52 posts)
You need to get to a Meet n Greet. If you can find a couple you hit it off with, just enjoy the conversation and don't push things. At some point, if they seem to enjoy talking with you, ask if they would be willing to write you a cert just stating that they met you, and you are for real.

It's a start.

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(8458 posts)
That'd be strategic as hell....would not have occurred to me. Lol

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(3008 posts)
Fun - "Maybe they blocked you to prevent you from retracting your certs of them". LOL you are a hoot.

Dover DE
Username hidden
(1122 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ... 610  Next »
111 to 120 of 6094
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.