10% of all proceeds from purchased memberships will be donated to the victims and families of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas tragedy.

Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 758  Next »
11 to 20 of 7574
User Details are only visible to members.
WTF! Mother Nature strikes just mere minutes before fun time begins on a planned weekend. Talk about TKO. She should at least give extensions or rest on weekends.

Charles Town WV
Username hidden
(3351 posts)
Seems like something most people would understand if he had just been honest with you about it.

People do weird shit, that is for sure.

Titusville FL
Username hidden
(533 posts)
My biggest WTF in the lifestyle since I've been single.

So back in August, started talking to a guy. We meet in Sept, have a really fabulous weekend. Then school starts, we're both busy, but chat frequently. He tells me his boss is telling him he needs to relocate. I get it, shit happens. I go over to his house about a week before he moves. Stuff is packed and ready to be loaded. It's not across town move, nope. NC.

Now, this was nothing serious. He lives a bit over an hour away, raising two young kids and really busy. There was absolutely no potential in anything but having the occasional fun. He lied. His job didn't transfer him, he got involved with a chick! Went fb official in Nov. Funny thing is, she has a 1 year old kid. Talk about going backwards! Who lies about moving to another state? Worst exit strategy!

Harrisburg PA
Username hidden
(585 posts)
The Trump administration National security team is apparently advocating the construction and management of a nationwide 5G network.....by the government. This appears to be a serious, if probably insubstantial proposal. I say that because today isn't April 1st.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2399 posts)
No, I absolutely believe it it worse today than ever before. Youtube is littered examples, and I really believe a lot of what happens now, might not happen if there were no way for these people to post the recorded activities.

And for the record, and because I got a couple of emails I'll clarify. I'm not a bully, never have been. Guys in college or Boot Camp or the military pranking each other, may be stupid and immature, but it doesn't make one a bully.

Titusville FL
Username hidden
(533 posts)
Lady, and what were you doing?

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(4884 posts)
yeah, i do think “it’s just a lot more visible today.”

and while i agree to a certain extent with “put down your phone and DO something”—in a lot of situations, recording egregious abuses with phones so the entire world could/can see *IS* doing something.

because egregious injustice, blind bigotry, hatred, and systemic abuses of (insert *whomever* here) still, unfortunately, exist and happen in today’s world. and sometimes, recording and broadcasting that to the world, is an important thing to be doing.

large numbers of people still deny that things that have been recorded on phones and broadcast on the news in the past couple of years as evidence of egregious wrongdoing by people in positions of authority who regularly abuse that authority—are much more common than those large numbers of people want to believe.

the more recordings are made and broadcast, the more that the systemic abuses and ugliness is exposed, the better, IMO.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(18191 posts)
I see Tramp has been a busy little bee while I was away this morning. 8^o

~lady~

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(6061 posts)
After viewing this debate, I'm coming down on the side of "It's always been this way only now it's more visible". I guess it just dredged up some more of the stupid and cruel things I experienced as a kid and a few that I perpetrated. Kids are cruel and stupid. I think it's part of understanding visceral emotions - jealousy, outrage, embarrassment - and learning to control them. It's when kids don't grow out of this phase that I think we need to worry.

When a neighbor's kid and his buddy vandalized my house years ago my wife was very upset and one of the kids mother's was inconsolably horrified. I tried to tell them both that it was probably, at least in part, my Karma. That's really how I felt. As far as forgiveness, I would recommend it. I gave that neighbor kid a couple of rides home years later. I made sure to rib him about it to let him know it was in the past. He seems like a perfectly decent young man now. Then there is my Cousin who visited when I was about nine. I was awful to him. Not physically abusive but mean as hell. I wouldn't let him into my circle of friends, or play with him. I remember visiting his family when I was about seventeen and he wouldn't even speak to me. Years later we had a heart to heart. He let me know how hurtful that was and I apologized to him. Today, further decades later, we are extremely close. Despite the fact that we have real cultural differences and live far apart we both agree that we are closer to each other than we are to our own brothers.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2399 posts)
I don’t know if bullying is better or worse. They say that it is worse because of social media - that kids just can’t get away from it and it is 24 hours a day. I do t think that I buy that because you can turn off social media.

When I was in elementary, we moved a lot. I went to 7 schools from 4th -6th grade. I became somewhat detached from my environment and somewhat of a social scientist.

By that time, I had learned that I was probably going to get tested. I would wait for it and never started anything but once I was tested, I went full fury. They would hit me once and I’d tell them that if they did it again, I would hit them back.

Of course, they would try me, not expecting much. After all, in 4th grade I only weighed 49 lbs. once I started hitting them, I didn’t quit until they were crying. I remember telling one girl who was twice my size that I would stop if she would just start crying.

They always found easier targets after that.

The moves made my very grateful in one way; I didn’t take the bullying personally. At one school I would be a pariah while at another school everyone wanted to be my best friend.

At one school I was simply ignored - at least until a newer girl came along. That girl tried to be friends with everyone and they rudely rebuffed her. Suddenly they were all my best friends and told the girl that she should be exactly like me. They all loved me and I didn’t try to barge into their friendships and conversations. That was interesting because before the new new girl came no one invited me anywhere or spoke to me. No, I did not suddenly trust them and I did not like being a tool used to bully the new girl.

Another good thing is that I am pretty good at including outsiders. I hate to see someone left out.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(1234 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 758  Next »
11 to 20 of 7574
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.