WTF : Swingers Discussion 212776101051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... More 
Start   1051 to 1060 of 2571   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Spanking a kid is basically a parent's way of letting out their anger while simultaneously admitting that they don't know what the hell to do. Why would you purposely hit and inflict pain on someone that you're supposed to love? I mean, it's your fucking kid. It's a cop out to actually dealing with the problem. I know 1st hand because I gave my kids a couple spankings when they were younger and having the perfect hindsight that I do, I can say without a doubt that the select few times I took my hand to my kid's behinds it wasn't to teach them anything. It's because I was mad, and young, and not sure what else to do and it is easily the most regrettable thing I've done in my life.

It's a terrible teaching tool. No one has ever truly learned anything useful by being hit, they only learn what to do/what not to do in order to avoid being hit. That isn't learning, it's behavior modification at best and it wears off with age.

And people actually wonder why we live in a violent society. Even a "light spanking" to a 6 year old is still pretty fucking violent. Instead of raising your hand to your kid, you might want to try looking in the mirror and asking yourself what you're doing wrong and what you can do to fix it.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3161 posts)
I have never understood how hitting (spanking) a child teaches them anything other that the person who inflicts the most pain wins. I know it seems to work in some households but it is not something I can support. And absolutely not in schools. Ideally parents and schools would work together to find authentic consequences that fit the infraction. Even I am not Suzy Sunshine enough to think this is case all of the time but it natural consequences should be the goal.

Cincinnati OH

Username hidden
(3751 posts)
You are confused, VA.

Not adhering to school regulations is not the same as having a nun hitting children's palms with a ruler or pound their ass with a paddle. That is the definition of lunacy!

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16519 posts)
I think you're using a rather rigid definition for "discipline", Sed.

Should they be able to clobber your kid? No.

Should they be able to take their fucking buzzing cell phone that you told them to not bring into class and keep them writing lines on the chalkboard every day after school for 45 minutes for week? Absolutely.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17540 posts)
It's your child do as you wish. I prefer to raise my children in a different way. Like you said earlier, to each their own, yes?

Here is the thing though, allowing strangers to discipline my child would never happened. The one time that a relative tried, they were warned, do it again, and you will never see the kids, nor will you see us (Husband and I). It never happened again, and it never will.

Two people discipline our kids; my husband and I!

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16519 posts)
I don't advocate beating a child, especially in anger, but if my son doesn't listen when I tell him, he STILL doesn't listen when I use other forms of punishment, yes, I will spank him. It shouldn't be the first option, but it's not "off the table" as an option at my house when deemed necessary.

Mcallen TX

Username hidden
(9929 posts)
My stance remains, it has been the same since I birthed my first child. If a parent has to beat their child, that patent failed at parenting. It is one thing to swat a child on the behind, or slap their wris, etc... It is entirely another thing when people advocate giving a child a beating, told hitting their hands with a ruller etc...

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16519 posts)
I'm not so much speaking of corporal punishment as I am the ability to bring down any kind of disciplinary measures whatsoever.

Schools have increasingly taken over the role of parenting. How much they have done so voluntarily can be debated, but they are doing a shitty job of it. I don't fault them for not being good parents - they aren't supposed to be parents much at all.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17540 posts)
Sorry, while you're all itching to defend corporal punishment in school, I fully disagree. YOU touch my child in any manner that I deem as abusive, I will kill you.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16519 posts)
I can't blame teachers for why they cannot control the little fuckers these days. Oversensitive parents, the "every child is special" mentality, and a legal system which crucifies anyone who takes any action that a tribunal may later consider to be wrong have completely tied their hands.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17540 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... More 
Start   1051 to 1060 of 2571   End
TOPIC: WTF