Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 579  Next »
101 to 110 of 5781
User Details are only visible to members.
Shes, yes, we road trip and the restrooms in some States make us think we are in a 3rd world Country. Other States we think we are at a 5 star hotel. I hit a old, old pot hole in the driveway opposite the building in a West Virginia rest stop. I got a flat tire on my trailer, cut the tire. I put a claim for it and was paid $126.00 from W V. The concrete pot hold was so old the iron re-bars were bent down and rusted. Laziness of the public works dept. I hope someone got demoted or fired back to DELIVERANCE.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(2708 posts)
I have two things to say to the people of the state of Indiana. First, we're going to immediately start taking up the collection to get you some new restrooms for your rest areas. The ones in current use appear to be from the Apollo space age.

Second, I know you guys won't know this until you get the internet, but when you do you can thank me for the new restrooms. :)

Detroit MI
Username hidden
(8133 posts)
It is now 2016. Why the hell do we still have "blue laws"?

Detroit MI
Username hidden
(8133 posts)
A VERY old story (1951) but amusing nonetheless. I'm not sure how much beer I would need to drink before I was compelled to test jump out a window, but I'm guessing it would be enough that I wouldn't be able to stand up let alone climb out of a window.

Denver, Dec. 23 (UP) — Miss Evelyn Marshall, 26-year-old Denver waitress, had a sudden impulse to dive through the window of her hotel room today.

She did, and landed five floors below in a parking lot, after bouncing off a ventilator shaft on the second floor.

She was released from Denver General Hospital after astonished doctors found her suffering only a few facial bruises, a lost tooth, and an "aching tummy."

She said she took the dive on a sudden impulse while drinking beer in her room with two companions. "This has taught me a lesson," Miss Marshall told officers. "I'll never jump through the window again."

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25096 posts)
All the people I know who have walked through fire or on hot coals it all started the same with the words " hold my beer, watch this" Then it usually ended with the words "man what was I thinking".

Reston VA
Username hidden
(741 posts)
At earlier age I have been to more than a few keggers in the mountains where someone thought running through the fire was a good idea. Never ended up good.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4830 posts)
*disclaimer: i went at the insistence of the exhole.

there were *some* useful takeaways from the "experience."

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(11970 posts)
I worked with a guy that worked for Robbins.

The guy was an insufferable asshole. Even more than me.

I can imagine what Robbins is like.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19758 posts)
.....i did that firewalk (3 day seminar) 12 yrs ago this coming winter.

glad i didn't get burned. :-/

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(11970 posts)
More than 30 people who attended an event with motivational speaker Tony Robbins have been treated for burns after Robbins encouraged them to walk on hot coals as a way of conquering their fears, Dallas fire officials said. Five people were taken to a hospital Thursday night, while the rest were treated at the scene for burns to their feet and lower extremities, Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said.

The hot coals were spread outside the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center as part of a four-day Robbins seminar called "Unleash the Power Within." It's a regular part of some of Robbins' seminars; more than 20 people were treated for foot burns after an event in 2012 in San Jose, California.

Paul Gold of West Palm Beach, Florida, suffered second-degree burns on both feet that will take about two weeks to heal, he told The Associated Press on Friday from a burn unit. It was the second time he's walked on hot coals; the first he described as a "very good experience" at a Robbins seminar a few months ago in Florida.

He said the difference Thursday was that it appeared staff members didn't allow the coals to cool enough before adding more to the pile, which was about 3 to 4 feet wide and about 20 feet long. He realized halfway through his walk over the coals that he'd suffered burns.

"In hindsight, jumping off would have been a fantastic idea," he said. "But when you're in the spirit of the moment, you're kinda focused on one task."

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25096 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 579  Next »
101 to 110 of 5781
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.