Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ... 627  Next »
91 to 100 of 6262
User Details are only visible to members.
Watch the Netflix movie. "Living Off the grid" tracking chips are in everything from tires to cereal boxes and potato chip bags.

Lake Butler FL
Username hidden
(352 posts)
I agree Fokkers. Your CC use, web browsing and even cell phone pings are easily trackable. GPS signals to your nav system are not. I am not suggesting we aren't all vulnerable to some degree, simply pointing out that nutcal was wrong. As usual.

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4843 posts)
FWIW: over the years I have had this diacission many times over. If anyone thinks there is privacy they are sadly mistaken. Everything (just about) we do in this day and age is tracked and the data is used. People get all wound up and in some cases rightfully so, but for the vast, vast majority there is nothing to worry about. I have seen people get bent out of shape about Facebook privacy policies yet they seem to forget that in the 'real' world they are giving their info away and they don't even realize it. You go on Netflix and it analyzes what you watch tongive you recommendation, Amazon looks at your buying habits to recommend what you should buy. One of my favorites is store loyalty cards, that can track your purchases to see what they can send you to buy. I would love to see the reaction of someone analyzing my credit card purchases and seeing that on a Friday night I bought condoms, and vodka and then charged my card at a club. Should I be worried that someone at the card company could out me? Of course not. Just had the thought of that thread in resorts where they were had (supposedly) bought a room at that one resort. Can you imagine the conversation with a bank loan officer... lol

For the majority of us, that data of where we have been, what we have bought, and what groups of people we should associate with has little consequences overall. I don't link my cell number to my Twitter or Facebook, but I have seen where it has recommended people we have met in the LS simply because I have their cell number in my phone. most of those folks aren't out and if I choose to friend them it wouldn't be a big deal. And yes VA, I totally agree with you on the 'pussy pass' no male employee of a club could ever get away with that.

(Sorry but I realized I rambled)

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1425 posts)
Oh yeah? What's to keep the aluminum foil hats from selling your information?

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1452 posts)
I've heard that if you put little aluminum foil hats on your car antenna it prevents then from tracking your GPS...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(20814 posts)
"I was referring to the navigation units in cars. They track everywhere you go and that information is sold."

BULLSHIT! GPS location determination is a one way signal from satellites towards earth and can not be tracked. Your stored destinations in your car are on a hard drive so the only way anyone could sell that information is to steal the hard-drive out of your car. The systems that do involve third parties only gather weather or traffic information and do not sell the data collected to marketing companies or data brokers.

Do you ever tire of making shit up and being proven wrong over and over?

~S~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4843 posts)
Fokkers I was referring to the navigation units in cars. They track everywhere you go and that information is sold.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3182 posts)
The gps chip in your phone is used by apps to track and if it's their business model to be sold to advertisers. The chip itself doesn't sell the information.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1425 posts)
Thats very true even your GPS tracks everywhere you go and sells that information

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3182 posts)
Besides phone numbers, Facebook also uses location tracking. You two being in the same location may have triggered it as well.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1425 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ... 627  Next »
91 to 100 of 6262
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.