Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ... 610  Next »
81 to 90 of 6094
User Details are only visible to members.
Something re: taxes.

I'm going to post it in the IRiS thread in politics, though, not here.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26034 posts)
Interesting predictions NCAL. Here are mine.

True to tradition, Democrats will fail to vote or get elected. Republicans will fail to govern. The Treasury department will be headed by a former Goldman Sachs employee (there's a shocker). The Republicans will pass massive income tax cuts, except for payroll taxes, thereby benefitting the upper middle class and the wealthy (i.e. the people who pay significant income tax) and doing nothing for the lower middle class or working poor (except raising their finance costs - see below). The working poor who voted for Trump will lose subsidized health care benefits from Obamacare and expanded Medicaid . The health insurance system will become "great again" with ten percent average annual premium increases ( a doubling of cost every seven years just like before Obamacare) and maybe a restoration of lifetime benefit caps. Companies will continue to cut health care coverage in order to survive. The Estate tax will be repealed benefitting the wealthiest 0.5% of American families. The repeal of Obamacare will reduce capital gains tax on high earners by 3.8% by eliminating this surcharge. Capital gains taxes on the wealthy will decline even further as a sop, particularly, to Wall Street, though the new calculation will be more complicated than the current one in order to hide this fact. Corporate tax rate cuts and a tax holiday for offshore corporate profit repatriation, coupled with massive infrastructure spending will add enough stimulus to kick start inflation and interest rates will finally rise, hitting people with high credit card debt especially hard. Tax cuts (tax expenditures) will add $800 billion to $1 trillion more each year to the national debt over current deficits (about half of what Trump wants). Finally, Republicans will balk at doing anything about Medicare, ensuring that the Medicare trust fund will become insolvent sometime between 2030 and 2040 (that was probably gonna happen anyway).

Two years from now we'll see how I did. And, spoiler alert, I cheated on the Treasury Secretary part. That's already a done deal. It's gonna be Terrific!

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1302 posts)
zzzzzzzz

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6159 posts)
Trump is coming and the end of the goverment unions and slacking off is coming..government workers are scared, very scared. Obama and the Democrats at the state level hired five goverment workers for each job that one person used to do. I bet the one that actually works and knows the jobs is fighting the other four to keep that job/.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(2491 posts)
Sorry to say but, "Castro is a part of History" best pat is "He's History"

Hanford CA
Username hidden
(124 posts)
Someone at CMS just called us. At 7 am. From their CMS desk.

WTF... a federal desk employee working outside of their prescribed hours?? What sorcery is this?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26034 posts)
Yup people spend a fortune on Organic food...if only i was not so honest it would be so easy to start a scam.....I could be so rich

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(2491 posts)
'Copper fit"..magnetic shoe insoles. Biodynamic wine...

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1302 posts)
An ad on my facebook feed...

Underwear with silver in it because "silver kills bacteria".

Too many stupid people have far too much money...

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26034 posts)
idk I think that was a first. Very fitting for my posts though..ha!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6159 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ... 610  Next »
81 to 90 of 6094
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.