Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  ... 562  Next »
721 to 730 of 5619
User Details are only visible to members.
haha i was wondering what lemonade had to do with it.

as for flu shots, we get them, since we get them free thru hubby's work. we seem to think, for us, they do help some.

and if i had girls, i would most likely have them get the gardisil vaccine.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2645 posts)
Risky Lemonade sounds like a good cocktail.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24583 posts)
*snort*

"if not eliminated "

NOT

"if not in lemonade"

obviously I did not proofread--thank you, Siri.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(9934 posts)
@ VA: to swap out an extremely low risk which is acceptable and can be mitigated if not in lemonade in it through teaching behavior modification two young girls and emphasis added young men as well--for a known possible risk for which there is no way to mitigate or correct just "the luck of the draw" as to whether that individual may be adversely affected by a vaccine on a given day--sorry I completely and totally agree with PG here.

and just because that young men don't "get" is a disease that often does not mean that they are not unknowingly carrying it and infecting others--as a matter of fact most of the time infection is spread by young man who unknowingly carry the virus but are not infected with it. Unless and until the vaccine is advocated for both genders, truly it's going to be ineffective advocated for both genders, truly it's going to be much less effective than it otherwise would be.

now I'm done with that subject. stepping off soap box.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(9934 posts)
@ BLT: just FYI, it is entirely possible to be infected with any number of strains of HPV and test negative for years, and then out of the blue have a positive test. You should check with your healthcare provider to verify that information. because you have a negative test does not mean you have not been exposed. Always best to be safe rather than sorry. many people unknowingly carry the virus within their bodies, they are by spreading contamination to other people, it is a known unknown.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(9934 posts)
"However, for the life of me I can't think of a reason for young girls not to be given it. "

the fact that I know several perfectly healthy young ladies that had bad, life altering complications including strokes from it is my personal reason. I'd rather talk to my girls about what causes HPV and how to limit risk/exposure.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20874 posts)
@VA: I was recently tested for HPV and I don't have it. As far as the magazine is concerned, some of their opinions can be on the extreme side -- horseshit. I don't believe so. Further I read somewhere, not the horseshit magazine or maybe I heard it on Girls, Lena Dunham's show there is no test for HPV in men so would Gardasil be appropriate for male children?

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7419 posts)
I'll leave this here. I don't think there's a reason to push on with it.

Well OK except to add that BLT's article (and that entire magazine) is utter horseshit.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24583 posts)
Apropos of the thread title, WTF goes through the mind of the gullible and undiscerning? A CDC coverup BLT? Seriously?

Richland MS
Username hidden
(12675 posts)
Around 90% of cervical cancer can be prevented with Gardasil.

No offense, but you really don't know if that's what caused it or not (and neither does their doctor). But you're swapping one risk for another - an increase from 0.5 out of 1 million to 3 out of 1 million for GB, vs 24,000 out of a million for cervical cancer. I'd prefer 3/1,000,000 to 24,000/1,000,000.

Dare I say pointing to an example of someone who suffered an extremely unlikely event as justification is a logical fallacy. It's like saying I won't ride in a car because I know someone who died in a car wreck.

p.s. (I didn't know this) Gardasil works perfectly well in men, although they are less susceptible to HPV-related diseases. So I'd expand it from "girls" to "anyone" who doesn't have HPV.

btw most of the adult population, and probably virtually all of the swinger population - has HPV. So vaccines are only meaningful for children.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24583 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  75  76  77  ... 562  Next »
721 to 730 of 5619
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.