WTF : Swingers Discussion 21277610721
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... More 
Start   721 to 730 of 3221   End
User Details are only visible to members.
njny: In that case, they are collateral damage. I hate to say it. One night I went to a pool hall establishment with friends in SC and they were smoking non-stop in there. I almost developed bronchitis. I wouldn't set foot in one of those places again.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2992 posts)
I'm not going to get along well with y'all in how this thread is going, so I'll largely watch....

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19172 posts)
oh and BLT: totally hear you on all the new frankenfoods.

yeah it is definitely a parent's responsibility to teach.

unfortunately we live in a world where our children are exposed to all of these things whether we like it or not--through school, friends, extra curricular activities, etc.

i can only hope my example is strong enough to outweigh all that.

my own lil darlin didn't even taste a french fry until 6 yrs old--and didn't like it.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(1535 posts)
devil's advocate: say someone grew up in an apartment building or other multi-tenant dwelling.

no one in their immediate family smoked.

their direct neighbors didn't smoke.

but someone, or several someones, in the building--did.

we know now (which we did not years ago) that if anyone in a building smokes--everyone is at risk from exposure, even limited, to second hand smoke.

so then who does the innocent non smoker who develops lung cancer--hold responsible?

(see, i knew i should have just kept biting my tongue.)

;-~

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(1535 posts)
My parents did the same smokeout to me growing up. My dad would not put the windows down in the car because he said it lat the cool air out which he paid for with extra gas. meanwhile we are in the back seat while they sat up front smoking together.

The fact is as much as corporations are masters at marketing the responsibility falls on the user.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2168 posts)
VA: touche, except...all but one are dead from cancer. ;)

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(1535 posts)
When I see food commercials debuting an additional new food of an unhealthy nature, my skin crawls. I am not the food police but I think we need this additional chemically enhanced food like a hole in the head. I am of the opinion that the individual is responsible for their own health. When it comes to children, parents, particularly the mother, in most cases, is the primary on setting good standards.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(2992 posts)
Sounds to me like you have a better case against your family members :)

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19172 posts)
on second thought.

y'know i am a militant non smoker. i have been since early childhood.

unfortunately i grew up surrounded by smokers.

i used to get up & leave the room whenever anyone lit up. i know now that probably didn't fo me much good because if anyone in the house smokes...unless they smoked outside and all.

so i completely & totally get *some* of the lawsuits against big tobacco. not all--there are plenty of frivolous lawsuits out there--but some definitely have merit.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(1535 posts)
The thing is that it's easy to convince a jury that so and so has cancer because of [insert name of evil corporation here].

I remember the rhubarb over french fries years ago, as they found small amounts of acrylamide [formed via reaction of sugar with amino acids]. Well, yeah. I could have told you that. It's a relatively well-known chemical reaction.

Practically everything contains something that can cause cancer or whatever. We spend our whole lives enduring all of these risks.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19172 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... More 
Start   721 to 730 of 3221   End
TOPIC: WTF