Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 634  Next »
71 to 80 of 6337
User Details are only visible to members.
I can wait

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6563 posts)
Can't wait for "he who will not be named but lives in LV" take on this.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1492 posts)
I gonna preface this with saying that I don't subscribe to the cosmic life force hocus pocus.

I can see the Kegel like benefits of having to hold something in place with you lower abdominal muscles.

And, as a massage therapist, there are certain points on your body that affect other points on your body. There is no scientific backup for massage doing a lot of things it is purported to do. Yep. Agree. But for some things, for some people, it works.

It may be a placebo effect. It may be the power of suggestion. But I have seen a lot of (what I would call) strange reactions to massage.

Just my two cents...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(20879 posts)
This is why we're fucked as a society.... I don't know if she thinks she's discovered Ben Wa Balls or if she actually believes this nonsense...

Gwyneth Paltrow, through her website "Goop", states that women should in fact all be putting stone eggs up their vaginas.

“The strictly guarded secret of Chinese royalty in antiquity - queens and concubines used them to stay in shape for emperors - jade eggs harness the power of energy work, crystal healing and a Kegel-like physical practice. Fans say regular use increases chi, orgasms, vaginal muscle tone, hormonal balance, and feminine energy in general.”

According to Goop, popping the jade egg into your vajayjay will help get rid of negative energy. The rose quartz egg, which is apparently a step-up from the jade one and ideal for those of us who “want to take [our] practice a step further.”

“Sadly most people use [their womb] as a psychic trash bin, storing old or negative energy, I see it as a place to celebrate ourselves as sexual, powerful beings, or as mothers, not a place to carry negative or un-dealt-with emotions.”

Some women allegedly sleep with their egg in, but for others the power from keeping it in that long is too strong.

The eggs can make you more attractive too: “I sometimes feel people are more attracted to you when you’re carrying a jade egg,”

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26532 posts)
2for,

Your friend should have asked what the self pay price is. My high deductible plan has no scrip coverage until out of pocket maximums are reached. My doc put me on atorvastatin (Lipitor) last year. Thirty day supply $87.50. When I mentioned what a bummer it was that it wasn't covered by my insurance, the pharmacist said "Oh, hang on a sec" and took it back. He printed a self pay receipt and label and handed it back to me: $12.75.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1476 posts)
Be careful! My husband paid the cash price for treatments. The only problem was that we couldn't use that money towards our deductible then.

So we "saved" $400 for each treatment. He ended up needing 4 treatments. He paid $800 for each treatment. They were unsuccessful, and so he needed surgery. We lost $3,200 that we could have used towards our deductible. Of course in thst 12 month period we had bad luck and had to pay $50,000 out of pocket.

I guess that we could have been lucky and truly saved that money.

If you are only talking about $12.50, I wouldn't think twice but when the amount is larger keep in mind that it could cost you in the end.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(991 posts)
2for Obamacare is destroying all doctors and pharmacies. They are desperate for mosey and will do anything to make a buck. You need to pay very close attention now or you will be taken. Obamacare screws the doctors and they are not going to die without a fight to stay alive.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3317 posts)
I use the iHealth test meter and strips. It's a Bluetooth meter and a box of 50 strips is only $12.50 on Amazon. I don't even need a prescription for it. Way cheaper then the $50 for 100 my RX plan wanted to charge me. Type 2 diabetics have for the most part the same needs as Type 1 but get treated way different by the medical plans.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1492 posts)
*SHOP AROUND*

Call pharmacies. Call 25 of them if you need to. There are often drastic pricing differences between them.

Whatever you do, please don't ever deal with sellers getting their supplies from unknown origins. You've seen those signs "We buy diabetic test strips"?

There is a big racket out there where people try to ration themselves on diabetic supplies so they can not use them all and sell them for cash. Medicare/Medicaid/insurance bears the burden (which really means we all do) and then these asshole re-sell them at a higher price. It's widespread, costs us all money, and encourages diabetics to not use what they are supposed to (or steal grandma's meds to sell). Please do not support it.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26532 posts)
Yesterday I took a friend to the drug store to pick up his test strip refill for type 2 diabetes. They told him that the cost was $137.00 he almost yelled WHAT. I have been using then since Feb and haven't had t pay a penny for them. He was told that its a new year and he hasn't made his copayment yet so he had to pay full price. We left and when we got home we checked the internet and found on Amazon medical companies that sell the same name and number of test strips for $45.00 including shipping. WTF. the local drug store wants 3 times the cost of other stores. So he ordered from Amazon instead.

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(251 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 634  Next »
71 to 80 of 6337
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.