Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 587  Next »
71 to 80 of 5866
User Details are only visible to members.
Just read an article today that Brock Turner is talking about giving speeches at colleges and universities about the problems with being drunk and promiscuous. Really?!? He was not drunk and promiscuous! He was drunk and committed sexual assault. If he does not know the difference then he definitely is not qualified to speak on the subject that he intends to. This dude is beyond lucky that he did not get prison time over his dastardly deed. But they think he is even allowed on college and university campuses after all that just freaks me totally out.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11836 posts)
It's not only for black students. It is also for "anyone that shares their concerns..."

So there is no constitutional issue.

Yeah, it's a scam, and I'll bet you a grand that no other students live in those units.

However, putting the constitutional issue aside, student retention theory says that students are retained at a higher rate if they have a strong peer group. People that look like them, share their values, etc.

CSULA has a bunch of problems keeping and graduating students. They need all the help they can get...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19918 posts)
What about the needs of all the others? WTF.

Mickey

Bullard TX
Username hidden
(5675 posts)
"____s only" housing (or dining, or schooling, etc) is constitutional as long as it has a sound research basis?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25236 posts)
There is a sound research basis for segregated housing for under-represented students.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19918 posts)
California State University, Los Angeles started offering segregated housing for black students in a new program called Halisi Scholars.

CBS Los Angeles reported the campus set aside 20 spots in its 192-unit dorm complex for black students and “anyone who shares similar concerns.”

The dorm comes after the university’s Black Student Union issued a list of demands as a response to claims of racial discrimination on campus.

In the letter addressed to university President William Covino, the union demanded “the creation and financial support of a CSLA housing space delegated for black students and a full-time resident director who can cater to the needs of black students.”

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25236 posts)
VA: did the article mention if it had anything to do with their (going to spell this wrong) Rumspringa?

We have an Amish community here and will see them in town or on the roads in their horse and buggies going to Walmart or the Dr. I honestly don't know that I've ever seen a single teenager though. Odd.

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(355 posts)
Authorities in the heart of Ohio’s Amish country say they arrested more than 70 people in a raid at a weekend party in a field that was expected to attract hundreds of Amish youth.

More than 40 officers converged Saturday on the Hardy Township field west of Millersburg off of Rt. 39 after concerned parents notified the Holmes County sheriff’s office of a large party expected to attract over 1,000 Amish from Ohio and neighboring states.

Investigators say 73 people, including 35 juveniles, were taken into custody and charged with underage consumption of alcohol.

The Daily Record of Wooster reports that some also face charges of resisting arrest, and two were taken to a hospital for alcohol related-illness.

The Times-Reporter of New Philadelphia reports that a similar party had taken place at the same location on Memorial Day.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25236 posts)
That makes sense! Most experiences like these are always something that you can explain away.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(5073 posts)
I just found out that a serviceman came by this morning and knocked on the door. Our son turned him away because he didn't want to wake us.

I didn't "hear" but I guess I "heard" him.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(907 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 587  Next »
71 to 80 of 5866
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.