Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 687  Next »
71 to 80 of 6869
User Details are only visible to members.
LOL .. I'm free!!! :-) if you wanna pay for something you have visit ncal in Nevada.

I can just picture HFT saying "Hey Martha please hand me my meds I'm not seeing things again."

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7417 posts)
blm, "a strong back and a weak mind." Is that your choice?

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(3502 posts)
BLM has a job...turning me on with his rock hard abs. Way hotter than a pair of gumbies anyway. BLM, send me your routing number so I can EFT your check.

Tallahassee FL
Username hidden
(917 posts)
He really is clueless

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7417 posts)
Gee HFT, could the crickets between BLM's posts be because you blocked half the forum?

Naw, couldn't be that

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5286 posts)
Well it is fairly high. But not really any higher than a lot of other high-carb things we eat.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27550 posts)
Shoo, Fly, Don't Bother Me

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7417 posts)
BLM, 6 post in a row. Go get a job, stop collecting welfare and food stamps.

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(3502 posts)
Holy crap I eat potatoes all the time. I also read an article on the new frappacino and thought the sugar was high just because they said it was. I guess I can skip some potatoes here and there and have one. It looks pretty good!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7417 posts)
"For a short time only, Starbucks is offering Unicorn Frappacinos. These might be of more interest to sexy SLS readers if they didn't tip the scales at nearly one and a half ounces of sugar - 39 grams to be exact. "

This is not directed at you, Current, but rather the people who are treating this like some sort of appalling revelation (such as Food Boob).

People have absolutely no fucking idea what they are eating in spite of the gobs of ever growing information available to them. They get their "information" mostly from "outrage" stories like this, which are quickly becoming the worst way to learn anything, and bullshit, often self-styled "nutrition experts".

A tall (i.e. small) java chip frappuchino is already 47 grams of sugar.

A "king size" Snickers bar has 56 grams of sugar.

A cup of pineapple juice has 32 grams of sugar. And, no - the sugar in pineapple juice is not somehow magically better for you than the sugar in a frappuchino.

A large baked potato has about 50 grams of starch in it, which is - ta da - *sugar* about 15 minutes after you eat it. The glycemic index of a baked potato (at 85) is actually higher than sugar (sucrose - at 65).

i.e. eating 50 grams of carbs from a baked potato impacts your blood sugar more rapidly than 50 grams of sugar from outright candy. People do not understand that starch is - from a nutritional standpoint - SUGAR.

As a scientist I (and almost every scientist I know) am just exhausted by the grotesque misunderstanding and misinformation, even among people who should be experts, like MDs, nutritionists, etc. But I have not yet given up, no matter how much of an asshole or know-nothing other people think I am.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27550 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ... 687  Next »
71 to 80 of 6869
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.