Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 579  Next »
51 to 60 of 5781
User Details are only visible to members.
*snicker*

where do you find these stories, VA?

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(12011 posts)
Low-tech chase....

A bicycle thief was stopped on June 10th when the bike's owner and several other people chased him from the Walmart parking lot in Eagle Point, Ore., drawing the attention of a passing rider on horseback, who joined the chase and moments later (according to a report in Portland's The Oregonian) lassoed the man and restrained him until police arrived.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25110 posts)
Whilst around 15% of the world's population has no access to sanitation (and thus poops, more or less, "wherever"), this surprises me. It's kind of sad but also makes me laugh. Not because disease and suffering make me laugh.. you'll see at the end...

In the slums of Nairobi, Kenya, people have adopted a novel approach to dealing with excrement. The "flying toilet". Basically, you shit into a plastic grocery bag, tie it off, and heave it. Away. Wherever - as long as it's "somewhere else". As much as 2/3 of the population of Kibera, a large slum of Nairobi, "identify the flying toilet as the primary mode of excreta disposal available to them."

Piles of bags gather on roofs and attract flies. Some of them burst open upon impact and/or clog drainage systems. People can also be hit by the bags as they are blindly tossed. In 2009 flying toilets accumulated on a rail line and caused a derailment which killed two people. The practice has become so rampant that several nonprofit groups have launched a "Stop Flying Toilets" campaign. They have adopted a winged logo (HA!) and are sponsoring races with well-known Kenyan marathon runners to spread the message.

So what makes me laugh is the idea that there is a part of the world where bags of feces are routinely airborne. Having to maintain a state of "heads-up" because you might be struck by a flying bag of shit just provides an amusing, albeit sad, visual.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25110 posts)
Lots of tweakers out in that area

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19771 posts)
One of Mrs. TBR cousins lives out there.

Sounds like something they would do, but the ages are wrong...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19771 posts)
7,6 and 5..so sad for these kids and what could become of their future. I hope this was the worst they endured to this point in their lives. I'm a terrible judge and would make Gary and Mary endure the same punishment.That would never help those kids though. Leaves you thinking that's for sure..

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4863 posts)
Mr. Scandle and I have hiked that area in the summer - though we had shoes, hats, sunscreen, snacks, and lots of water, it is still a brutal environment. The parents deserved their jail/prison time, but I hope the kids have someone better to take care of them. Hopefully the parents didn't learn this shit at home.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(11452 posts)
A mother and her boyfriend were arrested on suspicion of felony child abuse after a passerby discovered her three children had been left in the desert as punishment, according the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department.

Mary Bell, 34 and Gary Cassle, 29, of Twentynine Palms were being held Thursday at the Morongo Basin Jail in Joshua Tree, Calif., in lieu of $100,000 bail, and are scheduled to appear Friday in San Bernardino County Superior Court.

Around 11:30 a.m. PT Wednesday, deputies responded to a report of three children — a 7-year-old girl, a 6-year-old boy and a 5-year-old boy — at the edge of Twentynine Palms. Bell and Cassle were "down the road from the children," sheriff's spokeswoman Cynthia Bachman said.

At the time, the temperature was just shy of 100 degrees. Wednesday's high temperature here was 104 degrees. The children had been in the desert for about 45 minutes without water and shoes.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25110 posts)
cold shitty rainy weather and big party cancelled............WTF for sure

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(12362 posts)
lol, just don't eat too much of it

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2742 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 579  Next »
51 to 60 of 5781
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.