10% of all proceeds from purchased memberships will be donated to the victims and families of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas tragedy.

Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 758  Next »
51 to 60 of 7574
User Details are only visible to members.
I am aware that my foretelling of Venezuela's demise has been long forthcoming. I am frankly amazed they have lasted this long. At this point now they are running on fumes and I can't understand how they can function at all anymore.

I saw a poll that 15% of people now regularly eat garbage as part of their diet, but that was in 2016. I can't imagine it's anything but worse now. Inflation was a few hundred % a year but now might be as high as 400,000%. Money is basically worthless and defunct. Banks have a limit of 10,000 bolivars a day for withdrawal - this is worth 6 cents.

I guess I thought people wouldn't wait until they reached Biafra-like conditions before a violent overthrow of their government. Looks like that's what they are waiting for. And violent it will be, I imagine. It would be like me losing 2 pounds a week - obviously I could only do this for so long before I would die. They can't have much left in the tank. It's possible Russia will prop them up some but that'll just delay the inevitable.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(29227 posts)
And in Mr. Torres defense, I've been around some five year olds. If Pint sized tennis rackets are outlawed, only toddlers will have pint sized tennis rackets.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2399 posts)
@VA,

Not disagreeing with your assessment, but you have been predicting the imminent demise of Maduro (and possibly even Chavez?) for a very long time. Interestingly the Rambo former policeman action hero dude just went down to the government last week without any popular support rallying to him despite social media pleas up until the bitter end. Not sure what it will take for the supporters of this particularly inept Marxist Leninist clown to change their minds but there still seem to be a lot of them and they seem to have an extremely high pain threshold.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(2399 posts)
...reminds me of some other people i know of.

scary.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(18180 posts)
They don't have birth control. They don't have antibiotics. They don't have cancer drugs. They don't have parts for service of their diagnostic equipment. They don't have basic medical supplies. They are screwed.

Their country is disintegrating. Widespread hunger is setting in and hundreds of thousands of refugees have spilled into Colombia, who is asking for help in caring for them all.

The global crisis of 2018. It's finally happening.

Of course they blame the United States. Obviously. Recent (Venezuelan government-controlled) news stories blame the US and Israel for all the worlds problems and refer to them as "the enemy". They truly don't understand how they did this to themselves.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(29227 posts)
gack!!!!

seriously....i am just recovering from flu. without nyquil, sleep would have been impossible some of these past several days.

kinda scary imagining what will happen to those people.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(18180 posts)
A news/WTF combo...

With an estimated five percent of needed medicines available, Venezuela on Friday launched a health plan that relies on herbs and natural remedies.

The "100 percent Natural Health Plan" seeks the "rescue of historic and patrimonial health, knowledge of the old ladies," President Nicolas Maduro said at the presidential palace.

Citizens have demonstrated against shortages of essential goods including medicines. The country's medical union estimated Venezuela's pharmaceutical shortage at 95 percent.

"I am curing a terrible flu that hit me at the beginning of the year with chamomile, aloe, lemon and a little honey," Maduro said.

"This comes from the ancestral knowledge of my family."

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(29227 posts)
Come here and let me smother you with a pillow, princess.

Tallahassee FL
Username hidden
(103 posts)
I think it's because I'm a swingle female (and yes, admittedly cuckoo at times)

Tallahassee FL
Username hidden
(103 posts)
Taisei Corp., a construction company based in Tokyo, announced in December that it will use autonomous drones, taking flight in April, to combat karoshi, or overwork death, reported The Independent.

The drones will hover over desks of employees who have stayed at work too long and blast "Auld Lang Syne," a tune commonly used in Japanese shops getting ready to close. A company statement said: "It will encourage employees who are present at the drone patrol time to leave, not only to promote employee health but also to conduct internal security management."

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(29227 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 758  Next »
51 to 60 of 7574
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.