Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ... 708  Next »
461 to 470 of 7077
User Details are only visible to members.
Current the Mexican and the Black person who voted for Trump did so because you liberals are so racists that you identify everyone by their race and sex.

That Mexican and Black person like the rest of us are sick of racial politics. They just want to be Americans, we all just want to be Americans. You liberal need to stop identifying everyone by race and sex.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(5116 posts)
"'my mother, a physician, returned from China in the late 1970s with pictures of a woman undergoing surgery for removal of a large (think grapefruit size) abdominal tumor with no more anesthesia than acupuncture administered as sort of epidural.'

I don't believe that for one second."

I'm not going to give you the response that came to mind in lieu of letting you explain that comment. Three possibilities here from my perspective:

1. My mother was faked out by her Chinese colleagues (academic physicians) who were secretly using anesthetic drugs, or were themselves duped. 2. I'm a liar (in which case you know what I think) 3. My mother was a liar (in which case you can add the horse you rode in on).

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1856 posts)
I have a cool video of Mrs. TBR getting a pie in the face.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21661 posts)
Just don't put a creampie in my face.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27967 posts)
"@Fun A pie in the face okay with you?"

Would it be a shoo fly pie? Or maybe an apple pan dowdy? The kind that make my hips rise up, and my pecker say "howdy."

(Apologies to Dinah Shore).

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13925 posts)
Yes, yes you have

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2104 posts)
"Oh no- not another pie discussion."

Party pooper.

p.s., Have I mentioned that I like pie?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13925 posts)
"Acupuncture is widely documented as effective in good studies"

Systematic reviews of high-quality rigorous studies do not support your conclusion.

"my mother, a physician, returned from China in the late 1970s with pictures of a woman undergoing surgery for removal of a large (think grapefruit size) abdominal tumor with no more anesthesia than acupuncture administered as sort of epidural."

I don't believe that for one second.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27967 posts)
lol NJNY.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(3058 posts)
"There is some evidence that acupuncture can provide some short-term pain relief, although sham acupuncture (having an untrained individual just poke you wherever, or at non- acupuncture points) provides the same effect, but even then it's probably placebo."

Normally I'm with you on the health BS front (magnets, crystals, copper bracelets etc.) but I think you're way off base here. Acupuncture is widely documented as effective in good studies, as are the efficacy of the related TENS and MicroTENS (Transdermal Electro-Neural Stimulation) units. I haven't looked in quite a while but, last I did the prevailing explanation in Western science was called the "gating theory". The concept was that pain signals traveling along neural pathways were overwhelmed or phased out by induced electrical signals running counter current.

Acupuncture first caught my attention when my mother, a physician, returned from China in the late 1970s with pictures of a woman undergoing surgery for removal of a large (think grapefruit size) abdominal tumor with no more anesthesia than acupuncture administered as sort of epidural. It certainly seemed to be well in excess of what someone could expect from a placebo effect.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1856 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ... 708  Next »
461 to 470 of 7077
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.