Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ... 685  Next »
461 to 470 of 6846
User Details are only visible to members.
Fact or Big Pharma

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7403 posts)
Sorry - you asked someone with credentials? Clearly, a shill for big pharma. ;)

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27530 posts)
Remember the Gwyneth Paltrow jade eggs in the vaginas story?

Here’s what Dr. Jen Gunter, a San Francisco-based physician with Kaiser wrote about the practice, starting with the fact that it’s not only useless but actually sexist:

My issue begins with the very start of your post on jade eggs specifically that “queens and concubines used them to stay in shape for emperors.” Nothing says female empowerment more than the only reason to do this is for your man! And then the claim that they can balance hormones is, quite simply, biologically impossible. Pelvic floor exercises can help with incontinence and even give stronger orgasms for some women, but they cannot change hormones. As for female energy? I’m a gynecologist and I don’t know what that is!? How does one test for it? Organically sourced, fair trade urine pH sticks coming soon to GOOP for $77 I presume?

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7403 posts)
I was just joking. Ha!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7403 posts)
It's from a pretty reputable news source... the biggest newspaper in New Zealand.

w ww.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11788607

Other websites (msn, telegraph etc) also report it, but all cite the New Zealand Herald as their source.

Take what you will from it :)

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27530 posts)
I would think New Zealand would use the British justice system, with barristers and solicitors instead of lawyers.

I'm with BLM sand calling BS on this one.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1824 posts)
Hmmm...probably not true then.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7403 posts)
Actually, it was in New Zealand.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27530 posts)
Sounds like "Is it Fact or Florida"

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7403 posts)
I guess.. if you just GOTTA go nuts...

Jacob Martin Geels, 22, was angry that he did not get his chicken nuggets at McDonald's that he jumped on the counter, shouted at everyone and then fired two toy Nerf guns at a staff member before spraying foam bullets around the fast food outlet. He then left.

"When he was spoken to by police later on he said he thought it was funny and didn't think anyone would care," police prosecutor Lisa Thomson told the court.

Lawyer Doug Taffs said the gun was bright fluorescent orange and yellow, and fired "foam wriggly things," not 'bullets'.

"They are toys which are for children aged four to six. They are clearly toys and when the thing pops out it goes about as far away as my learned friend is (about 1m)," Mr Taffs addressed the court.

Judge Robert Murfitt told Geels he may have thought it was funny, but he agreed it may have been scary to others in store at the time. "You also yelled and screamed and used abusive language."

Judge Murfitt said while the guns were toys for four-year-olds, "that was the level of maturity you displayed".

"It is important for you to think more carefully about the way you behave, particularly with what is happening in the world at the moment. There have been some outrageous events of random violence and harm."

Judge Murfitt said he accepted there was no malice intended and that it was a prank. Geels was convicted of disorderly conduct and fined $100.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27530 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  ... 685  Next »
461 to 470 of 6846
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.