WTF : Swingers Discussion 21277610101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWTF
TOPIC: WTF
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 2615   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Cancer is your own body's cells gone mad. It's very often not clear why some people get it and some don't, how some people can smoke a barn full of tobacco and get nothing, while a child might have a tumor the size of an orange.

There is always a risk. Some is environmental, some is genetic, and plenty is just dumb luck. But carcinogens are everywhere. Resistance is futile.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17606 posts)
njny: I've seen signs posted, particularly near hospital entrances and other places too that you have to be so many feet away from the entrances....no, not perfect but it's better than nothing.

Vero Beach FL

Username hidden
(2154 posts)
YIKS, COBOL? now there's a term I haven't heard since college, COBOL, CICS, VSAM, JCL ....ack...I'm dating myself ;)

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16526 posts)
good: hahaha!

VA: omg COBOL...kudos to you for sweeping that up.

BLT: the advent of non smoking "rules" means dodging clouds of smoke daily at entrances/exits to numerous places. t'aint perfect. 'tis what 'tis.

Manville NJ

Username hidden
(846 posts)
The bad fucking news is that we all have the potential to be a victim of this ghastly disease. Why some get it and others don't; why some recover and some die. I do believe that maintaining a healthy lifestyle in and out of the elements "may" reduce our chances of getting it. What about babies who are born with it and it doesn't become evident until autopsy.

Vero Beach FL

Username hidden
(2154 posts)
Kibbs, or anyone else in healthcare, might appreciate this.

CMS was terribly late in publishing their pricing information in FY2013 and to a lesser extent in FY2014. Hospitals had to go much of the year being unable to bill properly because CMS couldn't get their stuff out timely. I made a killing stepping in to fill this role where CMS did not.

The reason?

The programs are written in COBOL, and the same guy who had been writing them since 1983 retired in 2012, leaving absolutely nobody at CMS who knew what they were doing.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17606 posts)
Sit back, eat some carcinogenic beef jerky while breathing in radon gas, and absorbing the radiation emitted from the granite countertops. I figure those contrails outside are worse...

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
njny: In that case, they are collateral damage. I hate to say it. One night I went to a pool hall establishment with friends in SC and they were smoking non-stop in there. I almost developed bronchitis. I wouldn't set foot in one of those places again.

Vero Beach FL

Username hidden
(2154 posts)
I'm not going to get along well with y'all in how this thread is going, so I'll largely watch....

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17606 posts)
oh and BLT: totally hear you on all the new frankenfoods.

yeah it is definitely a parent's responsibility to teach.

unfortunately we live in a world where our children are exposed to all of these things whether we like it or not--through school, friends, extra curricular activities, etc.

i can only hope my example is strong enough to outweigh all that.

my own lil darlin didn't even taste a french fry until 6 yrs old--and didn't like it.

Manville NJ

Username hidden
(846 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... More 
Start   101 to 110 of 2615   End
TOPIC: WTF