Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › WTF
TOPIC: WTF
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 649  Next »
101 to 110 of 6488
User Details are only visible to members.
Thanks Monsanto!

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1590 posts)
I'm posting this as-written - mostly. Edited for length, but I'm not the one adding the dramatic language.

A diet of corn is turning wild hamsters in northeastern France into deranged cannibals that devour their offspring, alarmed researchers have reported.

"There's clearly an imbalance," Gerard Baumgart, President of the Research Centre for Environmental Protection in Alsace, and an expert on the European hamster, told AFP on Friday. "Our hamster habitat is collapsing."

More common farther to the east, Cricetus cricetus in critically endangered in western Europe. The findings, reported last week in the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society of London B, finger industrial-scale monoculture as the culprit.

Once nourished by a variety of grains, roots and insects, the burrowing rodents live today in a semi-sterile and unbroken ocean of industrially grown maize, or corn. The monotonous diet is leaving the animals starving, scientists discovered almost by accident. The problem is a lack of vitamins. In fact, one in particular: B3, or niacin.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26852 posts)
Fact or Big Pharma

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6841 posts)
Sorry - you asked someone with credentials? Clearly, a shill for big pharma. ;)

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26852 posts)
Remember the Gwyneth Paltrow jade eggs in the vaginas story?

Here’s what Dr. Jen Gunter, a San Francisco-based physician with Kaiser wrote about the practice, starting with the fact that it’s not only useless but actually sexist:

My issue begins with the very start of your post on jade eggs specifically that “queens and concubines used them to stay in shape for emperors.” Nothing says female empowerment more than the only reason to do this is for your man! And then the claim that they can balance hormones is, quite simply, biologically impossible. Pelvic floor exercises can help with incontinence and even give stronger orgasms for some women, but they cannot change hormones. As for female energy? I’m a gynecologist and I don’t know what that is!? How does one test for it? Organically sourced, fair trade urine pH sticks coming soon to GOOP for $77 I presume?

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6841 posts)
I was just joking. Ha!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6841 posts)
It's from a pretty reputable news source... the biggest newspaper in New Zealand.

w ww.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11788607

Other websites (msn, telegraph etc) also report it, but all cite the New Zealand Herald as their source.

Take what you will from it :)

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26852 posts)
I would think New Zealand would use the British justice system, with barristers and solicitors instead of lawyers.

I'm with BLM sand calling BS on this one.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1590 posts)
Hmmm...probably not true then.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6841 posts)
Actually, it was in New Zealand.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26852 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 649  Next »
101 to 110 of 6488
TOPIC: WTF
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.