Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum WARNING: Political topic ahead
TOPIC: WARNING: Political topic ahead
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   81 to 90 of 135   End
User Details are only visible to members.
it is our social responsibility to question our leaders, it is how we prevent our society from becoming something other then a democracy, and it is how we hold our elected leaders accountable for their actions. Only a fool and his sheep blindly follow any leader.

E Fallowfield PA
Username hidden
(160 posts)
We all have the right to question our leaders. The monday morning quarterbacking comment was not meant to dissude any individual from examining what our leaders do. I meant it in the context of political opposition. This happens on both sides of the isle. It is just frustrating to me that so many elected officials in Washington see things as opportunities to attack the other party where in an idealistic world they would have their discourse face to face to best represent the American people when politicians take to their favorite airways to take shots at the other party, I get to feeling like a pawn on a chessboard. I feel if the elected officials were concerned with nation instead of position, they would not do the monday morning QB'ing infront of the media, they would do it in committee where something productive could occur.

Morgantown PA
Username hidden
(1432 posts)
Curious, That is an interesting point. The world may have indeed been safer, at least in the short term. Nevil Chamberlain made the world a safer place in the short term also. That does not mean that Saddam was going to follow Hitler's lead, but do we ever really know. If Chamberlain would have acted, thus heading off WWII, it is quiet possible that he would oh been subject to the same criticisms that we hear about Bush/Cheney.

Personally, I perfer the US being on the offensive instead of waiting for another attack domestically. I am not a strong Bush/Cheney supporter, but I don't like Monday morning quarterbacking from ppl that don't have to make the hard decisions.

Morgantown PA
Username hidden
(1432 posts)
I found things in the 911 commission that were not reported anywhere but in conservative outlets. There was a connection between Iraq and Al-Kaeda, just not in the planning of the 911 attack. Conventional media outlets only reported the half of the story that supported their view. That is where we conservatives feel the bia existed in reporting.

Morgantown PA
Username hidden
(1432 posts)
Alan Colmbs a quasi liberal??? That guy is to the left of even you! No wonder you think Kerry is a moderate!!! Nutz, my friend, the middle ground in this country is somewhere between John Mcain and Joe Lieberman, not between John Kerry and Michael Moore. In fact that might just reunite this country, a Lieberman Mcain ticket, but my guess is you'd call them both right wing extremists.

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
oldnuts, where did you get the info that "all known intelligence" did not support military action?

Morgantown PA
Username hidden
(1432 posts)
When did they pass a law banning reporters from giving commentary. Hell, they all do it. Fox has alot of commentary shows, but they also report, and when they report it is facts.

Nutz, you held up Sean Hannity as proof that fox is biased. Have you forgotten that show is callod "Hannity and Colms"? Pardon my spelling, but I doubt even you could call Allen Colmbs a right wing conservative.

Besides, if fox is so one sided, how come the commentators are allways arguing???

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Oldnutz, My questions are: Is Foxnews slanted to the conservative, or does it appear that way because network news is slanted toward the liberal side?

2.) If you answered that Foxnews is slanted toward the conservative side, why do you think that is...My answer is that there was a market for it because a large percentage of the viewing audience felt they were left out, or villified by the news medias before Fox came along. If they were reporting the news without slanted opinions, Foxnews would not have ever found a base viewership.

Morgantown PA
Username hidden
(1432 posts)
Freaky Couple. I see nothing wrong with having a political debate in the SLS forum. Since the heading says exactly what is going to be discussed here, anyone choosing to not view or participate in this discussion should not even open it. I do agree that politics should not be discussed in the chatroom, or in forums with other topics, but I see nothing wrong with this thread. If you choose not to participate that is fine, but to open a well marked thread to complain about those participating respectfully makes no sense.

Morgantown PA
Username hidden
(1432 posts)
"Why don't we just let this thread die and bury it already! This is not place for political talk". Does anyone here remember typing those words? I remember some of you typing those words. Maybe this is not the place for political talk if someone strongly disagrees with y0u.

Newark NJ
Username hidden
(121 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   81 to 90 of 135   End
TOPIC: WARNING: Political topic ahead