WARNING: Political topic ahead : Swingers Discussion 366921071
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWARNING: Political topic ahead
TOPIC: WARNING: Political topic ahead
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   71 to 80 of 135   End
User Details are only visible to members.
The world has shrunk to the point where isolationism can't work. It was not able to work in the 1920's, and it can't work now. We have problems at home, and we always will. That is stated, not to say we should ignore them, but to suggest that once the major problems are solved, other problems get more focus. If we concentrate on the purely domestic, then we suffer diplomatic and military malaise. (see Jimmy Carter). Building a country on mainly world standing will not be the best for the US either. (see G.H.W. Bush) Unfortunately it seems like a zero sum game with our current choices. Balance is important!

Morgantown PA
Username hidden
(1431 posts)
Never said a woman wouldn't send troops off to war, and I would be the first to say my opinion is a bit sexist, but still my opinion and still think a woman could and would do a better job if given the opportunity, haven't seen any man put in the office in many years that has done anything wonderful for this country--all I have seen is so many jobs and thriving industries disappear, so why not, anything at this point is worth a shot. And Margaret Thatcher was a great woman and a great leader, which strenghens my opinion every further. As I stated prior, this country is in a state of emergency itself, and I would personally rather see our own country being worked on and fix what is wrong at home, again my opinion, and I am sure many don't agree and that is fine.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12063 posts)
I think it is pretty sexist to say a woman would be the answer. As to the fact that a woman would not send the troops into such a war. Ever hear of Ms. Thatcher. I believe she did just that. I guess some me are more enlightened about gender than some women.

Morgantown PA
Username hidden
(1431 posts)
The female half of this couple's opinion has been and always will be, if a woman in the "driver's seat" of this country, more than 3/4ths of this crap wouldn't be happening and we sure wouldn't be watching our children die or let our own country be in the mess that it has been in for many years, not just the past 8 or 12. Does anyone care about the USA--we have too many problems here that no one cares to fix whether they be a Democrat, Republican of Liberal, everyone seems to be worried fixing the world, instead fixing our own homeland.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12063 posts)
I made no justification based on what previous administrations have done. My point was to say where was your (General term) indignance and outrage when 'your guy' was in office. That is the hypocracy that I was illuding to.

Morgantown PA
Username hidden
(1431 posts)
Though I don't care for the arguments of some on this site for I agree that some of their points are politically motivated, ie. they are complaining about the Bush stance with the Saudi's but most likely never said boo about Clinton and the Saudi's, their dissent is the DEMOCRATIC process. The debate we can have is what makes the US special. The unfortunate part is that not all view the government as our 'man/ woman' it has become 'their man/woman' was elected so 'we' need to attack their 'man/woman' on all fronts and oppose their positions wherever and whatever they are. This is a bastardization of the democratic process. It is what created 'the two Americas'.

Morgantown PA
Username hidden
(1431 posts)
You are right, we are not perfect. If we were perfect former President would have been charged for Treason for twice denying to take custody of Ossama Bin Laden who was suspected of many Terrorist attacks on US interests around the world and domestically (WTC 1). There is a great chance we are not having any of these discussions if the former Pres. acted in the USA's best interests. But hell, he had bigger things going on, on his (or under his) desk.

Morgantown PA
Username hidden
(1431 posts)
Agreement with a couple in pa--no one human being nor administration can keep any one of us safe except the Lord above, and maybe nothing has happened after 911, but how many attracks happened before 911--if they want to get into this country, where there is a will there is a way they will do whatever it takes. The simple fact is the mission was accomplished already, how many more of our sons and daughters need to lose their lives for no reason. Sorry, maybe this may be a prejudicial statement, but we were born Americans along with ou children, and cannot stand to see our American race being diminished, especially when they haven't even had a chance to experience life before death. In closing, with all the horrific hurricanes, unbelievable flooding and damages this country has just experience, definitely would prefer our middle class hard-earned tax dollars helping out the Americans in this country, not rebuilding another who will, surely, find another S. Husain.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12063 posts)
Old School... Kill 1000 of them for one of ours? Which school was that? The school of the crusades? BTW, which 1000 do you choose to kill, women and children too? That may be a good "philosophy" if those 1000 are lined up on a battle field... but they're not. And our "intelligence" isn't good enough to find them.

If you feel safer since we waged war on Iraq, you may be living in a dream world. Personally, knowing that Yusuf Islam (aka Cat Stevens), someone on the terrorist do not fly list, was able to board a plane bound for the US, and wasn't noticed until he was 1/2 way here doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Anyone travel lately? I did on Tuesday. 4 flights, and my photo ID wasn't checked prior to boarding any flight, in 3 different airports. Fuzzy feelings still aren't growing.

And the middle east has been unstable for 100's of years, not 30. Our greedy paws have added to the unstability for about 60+ years. Try reading "Ancient History": U.S. Conduct in the Middle East Since World War Il and the Folly Of Intervention. Like it or not, we caused the problem.

East Greenville PA
Username hidden
(108 posts)
That is a great dream. I would love to see it also, but I am not going to hold my breath. The whole "I/we can score points with this" mentality infuriates me.

Morgantown PA
Username hidden
(1431 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   71 to 80 of 135   End
TOPIC: WARNING: Political topic ahead