WARNING: Political topic ahead : Swingers Discussion 366921041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWARNING: Political topic ahead
TOPIC: WARNING: Political topic ahead
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 135   End
User Details are only visible to members.
the rest....This kind of confution in his positions(and this goes all the way back) only leads one to conclude that John Fing Kerry will say anything to anyone at anytime to get elected.THAT IS NOT WHAT I LOOK FOR IN A LEADER. A leader to me in someone that has a conviction, someone that will be willing to take on the impossible because he believes it is the right thing to do, you may not agree with them but one thing you can say and there is clarity of purpose. I don't feel comfortable with John Kerry, I dont trust him, don't think he has a core belief system and that makes him scary. Your thoughts

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
It is no suprise that John Kerry is a better orator than GW after all the man is a lawyer and has spent 20yrs in the senate etc. GW on the other hand is just a guy like you or me, he is committed to what he sees as right. he is stead fast in his beliefs, now if you don't agree with these beliefs it is tottally up to you but a least you know where he stands. John Kerry on the otherhand is not rooted in nay conviction or beliefs which makes him hypocritical.It is ok to change your mind once you have some solid facts that made your original position invalid however in John Fing Kerry's case his change of position in not rooted in any facts case in point as recent as two days ago he said on some moerning show that knowing what he knows now it was wrong to go to war, when only six weeks ago he said knowing what he knows now it was the right decision.....to be continued

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
My 13-year-old watched it last night too.

The last thing she said before she went to bed was "Daddy, I think you and Granddad need to run for pres. and vice. pres."

Out of the mouths of babes...

Hattiesburg MS
Username hidden
(526 posts)
KandC, yes, in total agreement, that's all we hear about is Mr. Kerry's inconsistencies, and you are very correct in stating just because one (anyone in the world) changes their views upon receipt of new information, does make them a more intelligent individual. Yes, Mr. Kerry speaks well, GW doesn't as that fact has been proven, but again, having my son sit and watch who was in total disbelief of our leader's answers and responses, repeating the same thing over and over, was a very enlightening evening as our children are the future in this country and they see more than our own generation does.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12072 posts)
Widlife, I've listened to pundits report how 'substantive' this debate was, and I wonder which debate they were watching. I recall Mr. Bush's focus on two issues. 1) The hard work he is doing in Iraq. There is no way in hell I can be the only person seeing the fault in that statement, if I even need to explain that to anybody I will likely fall off my chair laughing. 2) Mr. Kerry's 'inconsistency'. I will explain this because this annoys me. As previously aluded to, changing ones position on any particular issue after being presented with new information or a differing viewpoint, is not a weakness, its intelligence. Now, Mr. Bush stated that both candidates were privy to the same intelligence reports, however which of them had actual control over said reports? Which of them was most likely to know they were incorrect, and which of them had the power to manipulate the information to suit a specific agenda? Which of them knew it was wrong and acted on it anyways?

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(160 posts)
KandC: We are so glad someone else, and hopefully the rest of the nation that watched saw and heard our fearless leader not only sound uneducated in his speaking has absolutely no debating qualities at all. My 18 yr old stated in his own opinion, (which he rarely has one) was "Mom, is he really that dumb?" All does is repeat the same thing over and over, isn't this a debate over the issues to decide our future leader? Hopefully the rest of the country saw the same thing that an 18 yr old young man saw.

Jerome PA
Username hidden
(12072 posts)
Firstly, I just want to point out that with all this talk of democracy and all the effort exerted to defend and 'spread' it, it's a shame that people are personally attacked for having a differing opinion. Seems a tad too much hypocracy in that. Secondly, one would hope that all this discussion would invoke critical thought. That is, afterall, the purpose of debate and discussion. (Damn shame all these people claiming intelligence fail to recognize that). The purpose of being confronted with a differing view or new information, is growth. Yes, this may mean at times we have to admit we were wrong, or our previous position was wrong, and amending it. Failing to do so accomplishes one thing, displaying an incredible lack of intelligence, (hope GWB is paying attention here). Lastly, speaking of GWB (ok I wasn't but I'm going to), I want to thank him for last night's entertainment. I doubt there is a political parody or satirist who could have managed to make him look more a fool then he himself did last night. Did the President of the United States really begin a response with...(and I do quote), 'uummmm...' or ...'aaahhh'. The man did come off looking uneducated, inarticulate, and just plain foolish. This is the man who is going to lead us all to a new world order??? Daayyuummm!! (oh yeah I did!)

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(160 posts)
Perfectmatch> Why are you allowing him to get you so worked up? I've been following the thread and everyone makes good points to things mentioned. One thing you need to remember is that History is a perception of what is written. As you can see now, history is definitely a perception. Not one person here has the exact truth or facts, they are just what they believe and how they interpret what they read or hear to be the truth. In the past one person used to get me all worked up when I read his posts and then I thought about it and figured that if he feels that he is the champion of the people, let him cost me nothing and no sweat off my back. I still haven't figured out what his job really is, every time he writes something he is defending a different group and making their lives so much better. He has the answers to everything and it makes me wonder why he dosen't run for some sort of office. If they both think they have the answers and know what this country needs, why don't they step up to the plate and do what needs to be done. The buck stops with the President, but he does not make all the decisions, he does have help. To think that Kerry and he alone will change the country is funny to me. Two men cannot have this much impact on a situation in our government as they would have you believe. We're a country who has to point fingers and place blame on others. Some of the issues that were brought up like health care, education, Social Security etc. are being placed at the Presidents feet. When are we going to take responsibilty for our own actions. Social Security-It was not meant to be a retirement fund for seniors, it is a supliment. If you failed to plan for your older years, why is that the governments fault? Should you not have taken the steps to provide for your future? This topic about Social Security has been around for a long time, I remember my parents talikng about how SS would be gone by the time they were 80! Well, they are 80 and its still around. Health Care-Same thing, why do we expect others to take care of it for us. We know its a business and always will be. Maybe we should take a long look at our society who constantly places trivial lawsuits at the feet of Drs. which raise the cost of health care. That is not to say that all law suits are unwarranted, but they do get out of hand. And if we as a society were smarter about what we do and how we do it would make a difference. People know smoking and drinking is bad for them but they do it anyway because "its their right", that right is passed on to others in the cost of health care. Wearing helmets and seatbelts save lives, but what do we do? Complain because the government has the audacity to require it. This also increases the cost. The list goes on and on. Education-Another one that falls onto our shoulders. Yes schools are packed and when the adminstrations suggest building another school and raising our taxes, people bitch and complain about it. They send their kids off to school and expect the teachers to baby sit, not teach baby sit. There is no accountability by people and they hold no expectations for their kids. No, this does not include all people. Just look at the decline in our society in general, it all starts at home. Time for people to take responsibility for what happens in their world that they control. As for us, we are not going to change the minds of others or they yours, so look at what they say as a learning tool and move. All they will do is beat a dead horse with what they feel is the unquestionable truth. Go Dodgers

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
Just realized I worded something in a confusing way...

"What I found out was in the wake of power from the more dominant rooster, the next one became just as bad, if not worse. So I killed off that one, too. Same thing happened again.

"The last of the roosters was different. I think if there was such a thing as an effeminate rooster, this one would be it. He was "hen-pecked" in the truest sense of the word. No balls. So, I was still in evil scientist mode (and we had, arguably, procured the chickens for meat as well as eggs), so I butchered this one, too. "

The one I killed was the 3rd dominant rooster - leaving the "effeminate" one.

Baltimore MD
Username hidden
(3271 posts)
lol one of the better analogies i've seen in awhile, thank you! jeezziz, how did i get back here?

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(160 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 135   End
TOPIC: WARNING: Political topic ahead