WARNING: Political topic ahead : Swingers Discussion 366921031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWARNING: Political topic ahead
TOPIC: WARNING: Political topic ahead
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 135   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I'm not sure who called him 'stupid', I know I said he 'appeared' uneducated, inarticulate, and foolish. I'd say it again. Him having a degree from Harvard does not indicate he is intelligent. Intelligence is not indicated by any degree from any school. Intelligence is measured by one's ability to receive, process and apply information, the processing and applying part being the critical aspects. Anybody can receive and regurgitate information with enough rehearsal, it doesn't mean you have a clear understanding of it, or any ability to appropriately apply it.

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(160 posts)
Most important, congratulations to the class of 2001. To those of you who received honors, awards, and distinctions, I say, well done. And to the C students -- I say, you, too, can be President of the United States.

Bush May 21, 2001

East Greenville PA
Username hidden
(108 posts)
I think perfectmatch meant debates don't "benefit" the incumbent. That's been talked about in the press recently, which is one of the reasons Bush didn't want to do many debates. IE. Everything to loose and nothing to gain. Not sure if I agree with it. If you've done a good job, and know your stuff, you should be able to present it.

As far as fair, there were so many fricken rules to the debate it couldn't have been more "fair". If anything it was in Bush's advantage. Because in a true "debate" Kerry would have had Bush spinning in circles and broken down to tears.

East Greenville PA
Username hidden
(108 posts)
The rules of last night's debate were in fact favoring of the incumbent. And I'm sorry, but any person who believes he has the power to subject an entire nation to his value system, even so far as to attempt to change the rules of government of that nation, (referencing his stand on abortion, same sex marriage) is in fact small minded. None of us has that power, none of us is god. Furthermore, I agree, that now that the US has invaded, it must finish the job. International law requires it actually. That does not change the fact that we had no reason to justify the invasion to begin with. There was no substiated 'imminent threat'. The invasion of Iraq is the equivalance of historical imperialism and nationalism.

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(160 posts)
hey old quick question here... would have done anything differently for your kid if you could.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
History will be judge of what we are dicussing here today.As i sit here I am convinced that we need to sucessful in our efforts in Iraq.The future of our nation depends on it, my children's and their children,s future depend on it. We must fight terrorism in whatever crevice or corner of the globe that they hide or seek santuary. We must not waver in our conviction and we must have steeled deterination to see the job through.Now if you want to call the GW's outlook on Iraq "obstinence and small mindedness" that is fine that's your opinion and you are perfectly entittled. I will say this though..... life is funny I can remember these same comments being made about Ronald Reagan.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
For me to even assume that I have that explanation to offer would just be absurd. However, I have more faith is somebody who is able to admit they may have had an incorrect viewpoint, or that they may need to amend a previous position in light of new information. I also have more faith in a leader who recognizes his and his nation's role in the global political arena. I do not trust obstinance. Obstinate people tend to be small-minded, they tend to make careless and reckless decisions based on their obstinance. The greatest nation on earth should not be led by a small-minded man. The US is going to spend many many years, possibly generations, recovering from GWB's obstinance.

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(160 posts)
Also define pork belly politics because the only entitlement progamme that GW has put forth in the medicare give away.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
There is no..."blind faith" here . I do not agree with some of GW's domestic progammes but that is for another day. I accept your position on GW and it is yours to have but let me ask you this .....explain to me Kerry's various positions on Iraq.

Miramar FL
Username hidden
(2075 posts)
Any candidate, ok...most any, will say whatever their targetted audience wants to hear. That's why they hire spin doctors and speech writers. To think that GWB is any different is dangerous, contributing to the 'blind faith' I've spoken about before. John Kerry indicates a level of intelligence I don't see in GWB, and this alone makes him a better choice. Perhaps when I hear that GWB has acknowledged that the invasion of Iraq was unfounded by the reasons he put forth to us, and because of this, there really was no reason to invade Iraq because there was no imminent threat from Iraq; then my view of him may change. Only thing that has been proven to me so far, is that he is a master at pork-belly politics.

Pottstown PA
Username hidden
(160 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 135   End
TOPIC: WARNING: Political topic ahead