WARNING: Political topic ahead : Swingers Discussion 3669210131
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumWARNING: Political topic ahead
TOPIC: WARNING: Political topic ahead
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   131 to 135 of 135 
User Details are only visible to members.
Just a bleedin' heart housewife...be gentle in my beating please...I love my country...I have loved ones overseas as we speak...I also have opinions...I'll take holiday in France someday...until then I will stay here...where as far as I can see...most of my freedoms are still intact...meant no offense to anyone...but I still stand firm in what I believe...

Houlton ME
Username hidden
(148 posts)
Why don't those "Civilian paintball heros" go up against the "full" time military. Let them match their skills against a SEAL team or team of Rangers or Green berets; even a group "Grunts, Ground pounders" who do make their eveyday job the military. I would bet those Civillian heros would not last very long. Putting guys who train one weekend a month and two weeks out of the year against guys who probably do this weekly is somewhat lopsided. And then to try to make a point about those who lost, saying they are not trained properly isn't fair either. There are guys and gals out there who take the "game" of paintball very serious. In the military game survival is important and training happens daily, hard to train daily when you are a reservists. Plus the majority of reserves are technical skills, support and clerical. Not a whole lot of hand to hand combat goes on at a reserve base. The military has changed in a large way since Reagan was in office, some good some bad. The good is that they are looking for the best they can find. At one point anyone could join the military, it didn't matter if you had some education or not. Now it is difficult to get in without at least a high school diploma. Advertising is used to try to find the best people out there, it doesn't wholly consist of characters like Bill Murray's character from Stripes. And to the comment about medical, the medical issues past veterans have experienced were there, all I know is the best medical treatment I've had was when I was active duty. When I returned from desert storm, counseling was available to me and others who returned home. One perspective is different from others and maybe some feel that enough was done and others feel that not enough was done. Hard for me to say that someone else is wrong in their thinking when I did not walk in their footsteps. People say that military personnel live in poverty, if you just looked at the paycheck and they had to take care of everything from it I might agree, but if you look at the grand scheme of things people are taken care of. How many of you would like to have: 1. Free housing or subsidized housing (Extra money in you check to help pay for your place) 2. Free medical and dental for your entire family as long as they are dependents 3. Tax exempt on clothing and food. (Granted to have to shop on base. But have you seen a commisary and PX (Post Exchange)) 4. Majority of your holidays off (Unless you happen to have duty, but that is 4-6 hours out of your day) 5. 30 days paid vacation a year(which you can carry over) 6. Guaranteed paycheck for 4-30 years your choice as long as you do the right things in life. 7. Equal opportunity for advancement based on your skills and ability. 8. One of the largest support groups, those who know what you are going through 9. Let's not forget the money you can earn for college, plus the life training you receive while on active duty. Poverty, I truly do not believe these people are living in poverty. The idea of losing your life is a scarry thought and a strong possibilty. But you know the consequences when you sign your name on the dotted line and you swear to follow the orders of the commander in chief. Do these people go into the military or hot zone blind. I don't think so, people in the military want to be there and know the consequences. And for those who don't like what the US is involved in have an option, you could move to France and not have to endure all the terrible things our leaders do to people. Unless of course they decide to bomb France.

Allentown PA
Username hidden
(806 posts)
They say that casting your vote makes a difference...but how can you vote when none of the candidates are even mentioning these things?...Not too mention hundreds of other issues that need to be addressed?!...Instead of paying for a car to place in the nascar races...that promotes the US ARMY all over it...( i personally seen it) we could've spent that money alittle wiser i think...pretty expensive advertising if you ask me...!!! BTW...did anyone hear about the Paintball game between The National Guards...(may be another branch but i'm pretty sure)...and regular Paintball players...average joe's so to speak? Seems that the "civilian guys" WON...very quickly i might add...that makes me NERVOUS...so should we assume that our guys aren't getting the training they really need?...if not it's probably because we can't afford it...racing fuel is after all around $4.50 a gallon...

Houlton ME
Username hidden
(148 posts)
No wavering...No flinching...No backing down...EXCELLENT...give him a gun and send him over there with our loved ones...Maybe I have no business posting as I don't know a thing about politics...much less the politics of war...but I have a strong opinion about the young men and women (some very close to my heart) who are over there fighting for our country...and some very sadly dying for our country...If his "no backing down" theory could just include taking care of our servicemen & women when they come home...i could take this better...it's not big news but you do hear about some of them coming home to NO JOB...NO HOUSE and whatever else...just doesn't seem right...we should be treating our servicepeople like GODS!!! They are allowing us to stay home...and try to lead normal lives in the midst of war...I know we need war...to a certain degree...but I believe at least some of our focus should be here at home...I live in New York...and on September 11th...I cried...Revenge was clearly in our hearts...and look at us now...have we hurt ourselves more than we hurt them...this enemy hasn't got the same values we do...whoever wins the election...I hope they oversee with a clear head...If it were me...I'd remove the women and children...and wipe them off the map...Schwarzenegger...WOW...never liked his movies....California...never really paid attention until now...Between his "Girlie men" comment and his garage sale...I'm all ears...he's exactly what this country needs...but for now...California is the privileged state...How about Steven Segal for New York!!! We need some ass kickin done...!!! I will not go hide...beat me with a stick if you'd like...these are just my opinions...;)...

Houlton ME
Username hidden
(148 posts)
from what i heard on another news show, part of his interview when he said the war in unwinnable was OMITTED. he went on to say that it's a different kind of war where it's unlikely that we will ever sit down and make peace with this particular enemy, so winning in the traditional sense will not be the outcome (also not a direct quote, but just what the report said.)

it's a perfect example of the media taking what they want from an interview and making it APPEAR to be the truth. they do it to the lowest movie star and now to the highest office in the world.

Bush's ACTIONS undeniably show that he is committed to fighting this fight until WE are no longer threatened by terrorists. whether or not that is possible- who knows? they HATE us and are not a reasonable enemy with a just cause- they are religious zealots who will accept nothing less than annihilation of those who don't believe as they do. but over the past years bush hasn't cut and run at ALL even in the face of strong opposition, and THAT shows the man that Arnold described, not some half ass interview on NBC.

sometimes i feel it's impossible for anyone who isn't IN THE ROOM with the politician in question to know what the truth is, it seems EVERYONE has an agenda and it's along their party line or special interest, not what's best for this country. i'd have more respect for all of them if they would just say (as Gulliani eloquently pointed out- this is not a direct quote) we all agree we want to protect America, we just don't agree on how best to do it. I don't question YOUR sincerity, so don't question mine.

but everybody is playing dirty, the democrats are running a campaign based on bush-bashing and a 30 year old war record, but not giving any sort of clear platform for the future. "i'll do what bush isn't doing" ain't good enough.

republicans are- well, i don't know WHAT the hell they are doing- i don't hear any of their plan CUZ THE MEDIA WON'T COVER IT. but i know i'm better off now than i was 5 years ago, i believe that if we stop playing "politically correct wargames" we can kick enough terrorist ass that they will go attack weaker countries and leave us alone for awhile, with more money going to the military we can have the intelligence and man power to thwart inevitable future attacks, and the LESS money the gvmt takes from us, the MORE we can spend, and the BETTER our economy will be. i know Bush backs those things, and though i disagree with other views of his, ya can't win em all. so i guess in this election, i'm a republican...

um- what was my point again?!?!?

ciao!!

Xandria

Sterling VA
Username hidden
(92 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Start   131 to 135 of 135 
TOPIC: WARNING: Political topic ahead